Sign in to follow this  
robsonhasscored

Jimmy for England

How refreshing it was to hear the Jimmy Bullard interview today. Here is a guy who at 29 has come back from a bad injury and talks about being a player on £60 a week in non league football. possibly winning his first cap. - genuinely excited about playing for his country.

I can think of a few young lads who would of benifited from the "hard times " in understanding the standard of living they get and how tough "normal" life is.

I can''t say I am overly keen on the England games due to the self promoting players on show - step forward Beck, Lampard, Gerard etc. But if the likes of Bullard play on Wednesday then I shall watch with a smile on my face for a "proper pro" who has learnt his trade.

If England picked more players like this I bet we would have no problem in qualifying.

[quote user="robsonhasscored"]

How refreshing it was to hear the Jimmy Bullard interview today. Here is a guy who at 29 has come back from a bad injury and talks about being a player on £60 a week in non league football. possibly winning his first cap. - genuinely excited about playing for his country.

I can think of a few young lads who would of benifited from the "hard times " in understanding the standard of living they get and how tough "normal" life is.

I can''t say I am overly keen on the England games due to the self promoting players on show - step forward Beck, Lampard, Gerard etc. But if the likes of Bullard play on Wednesday then I shall watch with a smile on my face for a "proper pro" who has learnt his trade.

If England picked more players like this I bet we would have no problem in qualifying.

[/quote]

I like Bullard.....and I like your post.[Y]

Couldnt agree more. Watching his interview the other day, you could tell how much it meant to him to be in that position. Id have him over some of our ''Superstars'' any day of the week.

I like Bullard and it''s great to see a player like him make it into the full England squad. He won''t make a huge difference to our overall peformance as he''s come from the same flawed coaching system but at least he sounds as if he actually wants to be there.

[quote user="Mutley"]

The man is a comedy genius and is well worth his England cap for the following scene alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMDin8UlYYU

Trying times for NCFC but try watching this without smiling!!!![:D]

[/quote]Another one: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKJn1fQPDUg&feature=related]Bullard in a wheelie bin[/url]

Top post, if only there were more players like this in the game. The guy gets as excited as a kid at christmas about being called up, EVERY player should be like that.

THIS should be the kind of guy our youngsters look up to.