Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

The old "Are Norwich too nice" question.

How do people on here view Yeovil, Crewe, Stockport and Cambridge United? That''s exactly how other fans view us. Nice, friendly clubs that you can''t actually say anything bad about but never think of them in any terms of footballing awe or respect.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Following the 2002 play-off final, had Blues lost, Cardiff would probably have had to brace itself for a riot.

Im glad he admits it too... their fans are a bunch of tits!

We drew 1-1 with them in the premiership and walking back to my mates car there were loads of them really peed off saying how if theyd lost theyd of "done us" etc....

i can quite believe it to.. Wolves, Birmingham, Villa... all sloped foreheads and knuckle dragging fans....

Contrast that and i have always found WBA fans to be friendly and welcoming....

jas :)

[/quote]

I''ve always found this with Baggies fans in comparison to other Midland clubs Jas.

And, of course, my Gran is one of them. [:)]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]How do people on here view Yeovil, Crewe, Stockport and Cambridge United? That''s exactly how other fans view us. Nice, friendly clubs that you can''t actually say anything bad about but never think of them in any terms of footballing awe or respect.[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that statement [:O]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]How do people on here view Yeovil, Crewe, Stockport and Cambridge United? That''s exactly how other fans view us. Nice, friendly clubs that you can''t actually say anything bad about but never think of them in any terms of footballing awe or respect.[/quote]To be honest I''ve never really stopped to think about the teams you mention and having done so, I have no view on them at all.  [:D]

Burnley, Hull, Stoke and Ipswich - Now, there''s a reason you''d find those places intimidating...

THEY''RE ALL F***ING HORRIBLE!  

Of course they''re not nice places to visit! Jesus Wept! 

You''ve got to be either a tooled up chav, genuinely tough or a total recluse to survive in those places!

The day we see tracksuit wearing, soverign ring-clad, chav scum in this area to rival that of the above is the day I leave!  

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Be good for the club, with a full house to create a hostile atmosphere, being nicey nice does you no favours.[/quote]

The prat that wrote the article mentioned the likes of Stoke and Burnley having a good atmosphere despite everybody knowing that they couldn''t sell out their grounds last season. The reason why the prat said they have a good atmosphere is because those clubs have an associated hooligan past, similarly Cardiff. The bloke who wrote this was/is probably a hooligan and because we don''t have a major hooligan past we have no atmoshpere...

[/quote]

Maybe be he is but all I was saying is we could be a bit more intimidating without violence just like GR and other players have said in the past.

[quote user="Stone"]

Burnley, Hull, Stoke and Ipswich - Now, there''s a reason you''d find those places intimidating...

You''ve got to be either a tooled up chav, genuinely tough or a total recluse to survive in those places!

The day we see tracksuit wearing, soverign ring-clad, chav scum in this area to rival that of the above is the day I leave!  

[/quote]

Never been down Victoria street or cricket ground road then? LOL. Theres a pair of twins who drink in my local The Coachmakers, nice lads but fit your desciption.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

Never been down Victoria street or cricket ground road then? LOL. Theres a pair of twins who drink in my local The Coachmakers, nice lads but fit your desciption.

[/quote]They don''t happen to run a flower stall do they?

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They don''t happen to run a flower stall do they?
[/quote]

LOL No not them 2. The flower stall ones have 1 support norwich and 1 support ipswich.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]They don''t happen to run a flower stall do they?[/quote]

LOL No not them 2. The flower stall ones have 1 support norwich and 1 support ipswich.

[/quote]Good lads the pair of them!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Do you know them? Is it true that 1 supports england and the other supports wales for internationals? Nice lads when i see them, always polite.[/quote]Only through buying flowers on occasion and in the pub every now and again; good old down to earth lads, proper Norwich mind.  [:D]

[quote user="AndyJR"]

In the early 1990s, when the rest of football was crap, Norwich somehow started to challenge for the title and things like that. Jeremy Goss scored a goal to beat Bayern Munich, and messrs Bowen, Culverhouse, Fleck and Gunn were household names.

[/quote]

This should read: "In the early 1990s, when Birmingham City were crap, they were in the Auto Windscreens Trophy while Norwich City were in the UEFA Cup."

Sounds like our Brummie friend has never got over it. 

In the past 20 years we''ve spent more time in the top division than they have, even with our dismal record post-1995.  They''d been out of the top flight for 16 years when they beat us in the playoff final and now they''re back where they belong.  Here''s to another 16 years in the wilderness for the West Midlands fourth biggest club . . .

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="AndyJR"]

In the early 1990s, when the rest of football was crap, Norwich somehow started to challenge for the title and things like that. Jeremy Goss scored a goal to beat Bayern Munich, and messrs Bowen, Culverhouse, Fleck and Gunn were household names.

[/quote]

This should read: "In the early 1990s, when Birmingham City were crap, they were in the Auto Windscreens Trophy while Norwich City were in the UEFA Cup."

Sounds like our Brummie friend has never got over it. 

In the past 20 years we''ve spent more time in the top division than they have, even with our dismal record post-1995.  They''d been out of the top flight for 16 years when they beat us in the playoff final and now they''re back where they belong.  Here''s to another 16 years in the wilderness for the West Midlands fourth biggest club . . .

[/quote]

Where as we don''t always agree Strawberry I have to say that nobody could argue with any of this post. They have the "Second City" name but in truth Birminghams top club is Villa, always has been and always will be. And that is why they have a chip on their shoulder. Aston Villa, one of the "magnifecent seven" who have been ever present in the Premiership where as Birmingham and WBA peep in the window once in a while. How would we feel if Villa were Ipswich?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, i know we have a few knocking around but I said ''to rival that of the above'' surely our City lads must just be pretenders compared to them down the road and oop north! Like you say Arthur, they''re nice lads really! If they were the real deal they''d not pass the time of day to an old codger like yourself Whittle! [:P]LOL 

In all seriousness i''d like to see a more vociferous crowd but lower barclay and snakepit aside it just doesn''t happen!

Anyone who thinks Norwich isn''t full of chavs either doesn''t get out very much or needs their head examined. Criticising Birmingham fans for being Chavs is the pot calling the kettle black.

Norwich had become the City of Chavs and that is a real shame.

[quote user="komakino"]Anyone who thinks Norwich isn''t full of chavs either doesn''t get out very much or needs their head examined. Criticising Birmingham fans for being Chavs is the pot calling the kettle black. Norwich had become the City of Chavs and that is a real shame.[/quote]

I agree that there are plenty of chavs in Norwich (ever been to Siver or Magic City on a saturday afrternoon!) just as there are in all Town''s and City''s across the UK but what makes Norwich unique from most football clubs in the top two divisions of English football, is that we have far fewer chav supporters than the rest, the Chavs who live in Norwich don''t follow their local team. Even on Norwich City awaydays you harldy ever spot your typical group of chavs like you would when you see other away followings from other clubs, especially clubs from the North.

To sum it up Norwich''s reputation could be better, but it could also be alot worse, this brummie bloke who wrote the review is the kind of fan that gives football fans a bad name.

Were we too nice for the Turner''s?  Considering the business they are involved in, it;s a distinct possibility.