Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

WERE THE BLOODY HELL IS OUR TARGET MAN?????

People think Glenn has iversen in his said and thats it, I agree Pboro when you say Glenn probably has a backup planned out and already pre-arranged if Iversen cannot be taken away from his club.

Does anyone know if Iversen has handed in a transfer request then? Surely if he really wanted to come here and back to England he would hand in a request and give Rosenborg little or no choice but to sell him or have a very unhappy and not willing to play to his potential player on their books. The risk is they would punish him and not sell him saying his contract should be his priority...

I''m still confident we will get him :) Come on you Rosenborg opponents! Already 2-1 up and i THINK they are at home second leg?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

3 options

ASDA

Dunstan Hall

Morrisons

[/quote]lol....as many did last week i went to the game...and it was so obviouse that we needed a big man up there to hold the ball up when we did have to go long and give us that bit xtra in the box...we did get some balls into that area...

im just getting so frustrated with the whole saga

[/quote]

Now City till you expire, why do we need a BIG man up front? do you want to see a lumbering stumblebum type of striker? well I don''t ,this type of player is everything I abore ,I want to see a player that can play the ball , a player that can hold the ball with skill , can play with his back to the goal with aplomb ,

Do you remember when we were really good in the early 90s well the striker we had then could play the way I have just described his name was Chris Sutton ,now how many goals did Chris score with his head ? well I can tell you not many , because David Williams teams played the ball how it should be played , on the ground, I think Glenn''s idea''s are on the same lines , so just bide your time you lovely old City fans it will come right ....arrdee.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

this saga has dragged on far to long....

as GR said...."im looking to bring in 1 of 3 possible strikers and they are all important players in there team!!!!! WERE THE HELL IS OUR STRIKER THEN??????

[/quote]You sound like you need to just take a breather. Calm down.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

3 options

ASDA

Dunstan Hall

Morrisons

[/quote]lol....as many did last week i went to the game...and it was so obviouse that we needed a big man up there to hold the ball up when we did have to go long and give us that bit xtra in the box...we did get some balls into that area...

[/quote]

Now City till you expire, why do we need a BIG man up front? do you want to see a lumbering stumblebum type of striker? well I don''t ,this type of player is everything I abore ,I want to see a player that can play the ball , a player that can hold the ball with skill , can play with his back to the goal with aplomb ,

Do you remember when we were really good in the early 90s well the striker we had then could play the way I have just described his name was Chris Sutton ,now how many goals did Chris score with his head ? well I can tell you not many , because David Williams teams played the ball how it should be played , on the ground, I think Glenn''s idea''s are on the same lines , so just bide your time you lovely old City fans it will come right ....arrdee.

[/quote]

Arrdee, you always see things very rationally and I agree that a big player up front is not the type of football that Norwich fans like to see.  However there are two problems with this; the first is the competion.  We are up againsts bigger and stronger teams each year and need to compete on a physical level, maybe not a lump but someone strong who is able to hold up the ball.  The second problem is the way the team is set up; hoolahan aside who seems best through the middle imho, we play increasingly with one or two wingers and have no height in the box to be able to capitalise on the crosses that come in.

So although I abhor the big man also I think it is a necessary evil these days in the championship and is also the final piece in our current squad.

[quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

3 options

ASDA

Dunstan Hall

Morrisons

[/quote]

[/quote]

So although I abhor the big man also I think it is a necessary evil these days in the championship and is also the final piece in our current squad.

[/quote]

Agreed Peartree. A top striker would be great but either he''s not available or too expensive. No "lump" should enter our team (Hartson was that) - but we need height, a winner of the ball, a good header of the ball and with a good first touch. The ability to score can come later: am sure the likes of Russell, Hoolahan and Cureton would finish for him. As it is, crosses from Croft or corners from Fotheringham are (usually) too poor or are not won in the box. A ball winner there who can control the ball when it''s won should be his main credentials - not necessarily his scoring record though I am sure that would soon follow..

[8]"Follow the Yellow Brick Road!"[8]

Let''s have a team of munchkins, nobody to be taller than Alex Notman or Paul McVeigh.

[8]"Height Lowwwww! It''s off to Cardiff we go, with a squad that''s small cos we''ve spent Hcuck all - height low - height low, height low, height low!"[8] 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]In a couple of weeks lapp the window is closed and you cannot do international loans so time is tighter than that. 

How much more likely is it at the moment that we end up with neither?[/quote]I should have put 31st Aug Pboro, but I think Roeder is after Iverson and if they lose in their cup game, he''ll be ours. However if they win and it becomes clear we''ve no chance then I feel sure he has plan B to fall back on. I don''t think Roeder will let his team stumble through till Jan without another striker as it''s the only obvious weakness in an otherwise strong squad.

[/quote]

Well said, that man! [:)]

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="peartreeproductions"][quote user="arrdee"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="bristol_canary"]

3 options

ASDA

Dunstan Hall

Morrisons

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Peartree. A top striker would be great but either he''s not available or too expensive. No "lump" should enter our team (Hartson was that) - but we need height, a winner of the ball, a good header of the ball and with a good first touch. The ability to score can come later: am sure the likes of Russell, Hoolahan and Cureton would finish for him. As it is, crosses from Croft or corners from Fotheringham are (usually) too poor or are not won in the box. A ball winner there who can control the ball when it''s won should be his main credentials - not necessarily his scoring record though I am sure that would soon follow..

[/quote]

You have just described Chris Brown or maybe what Dave Striker could have become!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]this saga has dragged on far to long....

as GR said...."im looking to bring in 1 of 3 possible strikers and they are all important players in there team!!!!! WERE THE HELL IS OUR STRIKER THEN??????

[/quote]Would you rather a Steve Howard now or a Steffen Iverson in a couple of weeks time?[/quote]

Window closes in 9 days Lappin, I think we''re doomed [:)]

[/quote]

Window closes in 10 days, end of the 1st sep. I would want/have them both

[quote user="lappinitup"]One of the best target men we ever had was Phil Boyer and he was also the smallest.[/quote]

didnt he play alongside Ted Mcdougal who wasnt the smallest

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[8]"Follow the Yellow Brick Road!"[8]

Let''s have a team of munchkins, nobody to be taller than Alex Notman or Paul McVeigh.

[8]"Height Lowwwww! It''s off to Cardiff we go, with a squad that''s small cos we''ve spent Hcuck all - height low - height low, height low, height low!"[8] 

[/quote]

lol very good [Y]