Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Roeder talks some nonsense - again

I still like him, and think he''s the right man for the job, but this press conference is just ridiculous and may be signs that he might have headed a ball once too often.

Glenn

Roeder said after the match: “Darel Russell was very unlucky not to

start the game, but these sort of decisions have to be made."
How can you be very unlucky when a decision is made, unless it was a coin toss and Rusty called "heads"?  Surely luck doesn''t come into making a decision.“If I don''t bring another striker in before

next week Darel has certainly got a chance of starting up front against

Cardiff."
Rejoice!“I

was pleased with the general performance - we''ll play at lot worse than

that this season and lose games - and it will get better once I''ve got

the target man I am looking for.”
Er... we''ll play a lot worse than that and lose games - yes, I can see that.And my favourite one:Roeder had words of comfort for young fullback Elliot Omozusi, whose rash tackle of Adam Hammill gifted Blackpool their penalty.“It

was ridiculous penalty to give away because their player wasn''t going

anywhere. We knew he only uses his left foot for standing on. He

wouldn''t have crossed the ball, he would have cut back on his right ,

and there was no need for Elliot to make the tackle. “But I am

not going to criticise him."
But you just did, knobhead!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im starting to realise why Roeder has failed at every club he''s been at thus far....

jas :)

[/quote]

Why''s that then in your opinion?

I can confirm that the domain www.roederout.co.uk is still available. Anyone want to start a witch-hunt?Seriously, although some of those post-match comments were a bit daft, let''s not forget what a mess we were in when he took over. Throughout his managerial career he has suffered ''second-season syndrome'' at clubs, but with such limited resources, who can really expect the guy to take us into the Premiership this year? He''s been canny over the summer (lack of a decent striker notwithstanding), and hasn''t blown nearly as much money on dubious signings as Grunt did. He''s an experienced manager with good contacts, and unless we wind up marooned in the bottom three again, we really need to give him our support. We''re not really going to get a better manager with the resources available to us, are we?

[quote user="Coelho"]I can confirm that the domain www.roederout.co.uk is still available. Anyone want to start a witch-hunt?Seriously, although some of those post-match comments were a bit daft, let''s not forget what a mess we were in when he took over. Throughout his managerial career he has suffered ''second-season syndrome'' at clubs, but with such limited resources, who can really expect the guy to take us into the Premiership this year? He''s been canny over the summer (lack of a decent striker notwithstanding), and hasn''t blown nearly as much money on dubious signings as Grunt did. He''s an experienced manager with good contacts, and unless we wind up marooned in the bottom three again, we really need to give him our support. We''re not really going to get a better manager with the resources available to us, are we?[/quote]I don''t think this thread is criticising him or his managerial skills, just some of the crap that comes out of his mouth.Interestingly, your user name is portuguese for Rabbit.  Are you related to Bunny?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Coelho"]I can confirm that the domain www.roederout.co.uk is still available. Anyone want to start a witch-hunt?

Seriously, although some of those post-match comments were a bit daft, let''s not forget what a mess we were in when he took over. Throughout his managerial career he has suffered ''second-season syndrome'' at clubs, but with such limited resources, who can really expect the guy to take us into the Premiership this year? He''s been canny over the summer (lack of a decent striker notwithstanding), and hasn''t blown nearly as much money on dubious signings as Grunt did. He''s an experienced manager with good contacts, and unless we wind up marooned in the bottom three again, we really need to give him our support. We''re not really going to get a better manager with the resources available to us, are we?
[/quote]

I don''t think this thread is criticising him or his managerial skills, just some of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Interestingly, your user name is portuguese for Rabbit.  Are you related to Bunny?

[/quote]

You learn something new everyday.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Coelho"]I can confirm that the domain www.roederout.co.uk is still available. Anyone want to start a witch-hunt?Seriously, although some of those post-match comments were a bit daft, let''s not forget what a mess we were in when he took over. Throughout his managerial career he has suffered ''second-season syndrome'' at clubs, but with such limited resources, who can really expect the guy to take us into the Premiership this year? He''s been canny over the summer (lack of a decent striker notwithstanding), and hasn''t blown nearly as much money on dubious signings as Grunt did. He''s an experienced manager with good contacts, and unless we wind up marooned in the bottom three again, we really need to give him our support. We''re not really going to get a better manager with the resources available to us, are we?[/quote]I don''t think this thread is criticising him or his managerial skills, just some of the crap that comes out of his mouth.Interestingly, your user name is portuguese for Rabbit.  Are you related to Bunny?[/quote]Well surely by implication, the crap that comes out of his mouth is part of his management skills? He''s never been the most media-savvy and charismatic kind of bloke, but I think he''s got the balance just about right - not endlessly defensive of his players as Worthy was (particularly towards the end of his tenure), and not scathingly critical of players (and fans) as Grunt was.And I''m not related to Bunny, not that I''m aware of, anyway. Although there was that one time with an English tourist rabbit in the Algarve... who knows?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I still like him, and think he''s the right man for the job, but this press conference is just ridiculous and may be signs that he might have headed a ball once too often.

Glenn Roeder said after the match: “Darel Russell was very unlucky not to start the game, but these sort of decisions have to be made."

How can you be very unlucky when a decision is made, unless it was a coin toss and Rusty called "heads"?  Surely luck doesn''t come into making a decision.

“If I don''t bring another striker in before next week Darel has certainly got a chance of starting up front against Cardiff."

Rejoice!

“I was pleased with the general performance - we''ll play at lot worse than that this season and lose games - and it will get better once I''ve got the target man I am looking for.”

Er... we''ll play a lot worse than that and lose games - yes, I can see that.

And my favourite one:

Roeder had words of comfort for young fullback Elliot Omozusi, whose rash tackle of Adam Hammill gifted Blackpool their penalty.

“It was ridiculous penalty to give away because their player wasn''t going anywhere. We knew he only uses his left foot for standing on. He wouldn''t have crossed the ball, he would have cut back on his right , and there was no need for Elliot to make the tackle.

“But I am not going to criticise him."

[/quote]He''s been making ridiculous statements consistently for a long time now. He will no doubt carry on doing so. If that is coupled by poor performances then?

Don''t like him one little bit but if he is successful that won''t matter a jot.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I still like him, and think he''s the right man for the job, but this press conference is just ridiculous and may be signs that he might have headed a ball once too often.

Glenn Roeder said after the match: “Darel Russell was very unlucky not to start the game, but these sort of decisions have to be made."

How can you be very unlucky when a decision is made, unless it was a coin toss and Rusty called "heads"?  Surely luck doesn''t come into making a decision.

“If I don''t bring another striker in before next week Darel has certainly got a chance of starting up front against Cardiff."

Rejoice!

“I was pleased with the general performance - we''ll play at lot worse than that this season and lose games - and it will get better once I''ve got the target man I am looking for.”

Er... we''ll play a lot worse than that and lose games - yes, I can see that.

And my favourite one:

Roeder had words of comfort for young fullback Elliot Omozusi, whose rash tackle of Adam Hammill gifted Blackpool their penalty.

“It was ridiculous penalty to give away because their player wasn''t going anywhere. We knew he only uses his left foot for standing on. He wouldn''t have crossed the ball, he would have cut back on his right , and there was no need for Elliot to make the tackle.

“But I am not going to criticise him."

[/quote]

I agree with what you say,but the fact is that managers see press conferences as  a chance to score a few points,start rumours and put subtle  pressure on players .What they don''t see them as is an opportunity to be frank and honest with the press (unless their name is Gordon Strachan,in which case I,for one,would pay to watch!). I don''t think Roeder''s too different to most,to be fair,but generally its best to take post match interviews with a huge pinch of salt.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Joy! at long last, people are finally waking up to Roedents constant failings![/quote]

"if this is the roeder effect  then i want more "  1st wizard after roeders 1st game in charge

[quote user="ched seven"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Joy! at long last, people are finally waking up to Roedents constant failings![/quote]

"if this is the roeder effect  then i want more "  1st wizard after roeders 1st game in charge

[/quote]Don''t be surprised Ched Seven - the Wiz is merely advertising his official merchandise:Available at all good retail outlets soon!

"Seriously, although some of those post-match comments were a bit daft, let''s not forget what a mess we were in when he took over."

I''m beginning to wonder if GR isn''t slotting into the same catagory as Delia. Living off the fact that things were a lot worse before they arrived to rescue us. OK, we can go along with that to some extent but there seems to be some disturbing similarities emerging not least the fact that every time either of them open their mouths in public something daft pops out! Now, with Peter Grant that could also have been the case - but no one could understand a word he was saying, so it didn''t really matter. Nigel, on the other hand had a disturbing habit of asking at the end of every sentance if we knew what he meant - "now what I mean"?

I have always held the view that GR''s arrogance and attitude outweighs his track record and I have seen nothing to change that view so far. If you''re going to have an attitude Glenn you will only be forgiven if you have a talent to back it up.