Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

Roeder

My colleague''s  missus was working last night at Yarmouth Races and was talking to Kevin Piper. He said that we wouldn’t be surprised if Roeder leaves before long, he’s not a happy bunny, he said that he wouldn’t be sad to see him go either. Piper was at a dinner with Roeder last season and he apparently said “If I want Huckerby gone, he’ll be gone”.

He was correct though, as in he did''nt want Huck''s and Huck''s has gone.  Frankly, thought they both played it down, I sensed a clash of personalities, especially having listened to subsequent Huckerby interviews; he just moves on very quickly when talking about GR.  Incidentally, I see many reports calling Huckerby''s football ''electric'' at the moment.  [:D] Good for him.

I''m sure he isn''t happy, but maybe his threatening to leave will just upset the board even more. I mean, if Roeder goes, we all know it willbe because he isn''t being backed like he was promised. Therefore there will be a massive uprising, Delia and he chums will be left with nothing, and Peter Cullum will come in with20 million, and Roeder will be re-applied as manager. We can only hope.

We all know Roeder''s a very arrogant so and so! Yes he might of got rid of Huckerby but he aint replaced him with anyone better has he?

I just have a little feeling that he''ll be gone before xmas, with the lack of funds he''s been given. This will bring on big demonstration''s of Delia out!, and before the end of the season they (delia & mwj)won''t be able to stand the pressure, and will sell up to Cullum!

If Roeder were to resign suddenly citing promised funds were not given, it really would be difficult for DS. It was the failure to hold on to managers that did for Chase in the end. Deehan, O''Neill and Megson went in about a year.

A clash of personalities or a clash of styles?  Roeder is a total football man, Hucks has at least 20 forward gears but no reverse which doesn''t fit in with Roeder''s philosophy.

The MLS thrives on all out attacking football and that suits him to a T.  Go to the SJE site for highlights, believe me he was electric, just like the old Hucks, I would hardly have believed it possible.  I think he''s even surprised himself at what he had left in the locker and there''s little doubt it''s the right move for him football wise.  Already being talked about as a member of the MLS all star team for this season.  Roeder has done him a favour imo.

[quote user="colneycanary"]

We all know Roeder''s a very arrogant so and so! Yes he might of got rid of Huckerby but he aint replaced him with anyone better has he?

I just have a little feeling that he''ll be gone before xmas, with the lack of funds he''s been given. This will bring on big demonstration''s of Delia out!, and before the end of the season they (delia & mwj)won''t be able to stand the pressure, and will sell up to Cullum!

[/quote]If that happens I don''t see how we won''t get relegated, can''t see the club being able to survive such turmoil without going down. As long as the Delia bit comes true at least we would be back on the road to recovery with a new wealthy owner. The writing is on the wall for Delia and co, more and more people are of the opinion she has done her time here and if we don''t do well I can''t see her putting up with all the flak that will come her way.

[quote user="Strawberry"]

A clash of personalities or a clash of styles?  Roeder is a total football man, Hucks has at least 20 forward gears but no reverse which doesn''t fit in with Roeder''s philosophy.

The MLS thrives on all out attacking football and that suits him to a T.  Go to the SJE site for highlights, believe me he was electric, just like the old Hucks, I would hardly have believed it possible.  I think he''s even surprised himself at what he had left in the locker and there''s little doubt it''s the right move for him football wise.  Already being talked about as a member of the MLS all star team for this season.  Roeder has done him a favour imo.

[/quote]Point taken Strawberry and whilst I would like to see ''total football'' like Arsenal play, at Carrow road I fear it unachievable on the funds we have. 

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Point taken Strawberry and whilst I would like to see ''total football'' like Arsenal play, at Carrow road I fear it unachievable on the funds we have. 
[/quote]

Nail on the head Andy. 

Next question: presumably Roeder is well aware that TF costs money, so did he think he was going to get it?

[quote user="AndyJR"]He was correct though, as in he did''nt want Huck''s and Huck''s has gone.  Frankly, thought they both played it down, I sensed a clash of personalities, especially having listened to subsequent Huckerby interviews; he just moves on very quickly when talking about GR.  Incidentally, I see many reports calling Huckerby''s football ''electric'' at the moment.  [:D] Good for him.
[/quote]I do believe that Roeders ego will lead to his subsequent downfall. Adams, Huckerby his constant berating of players who were here before he came.(the majority of which saved us from relegation with a great run). His refusal to level criticism of any kind at players who are on loan or who he has brought in.

Some can argue that these are done purely for football reasons.I have my doubts.

Norwich City are a superb club with probably the best supporter base in the country. Not many clubs could sell 20,000 season tickets considering our record over past few seasons. I never miss a home match and always cheer team on no matter how they play. However when I listen to and observe how our manager deals with people it sickens me and fear that if things start to go wrong on the pitch during the next few weeks there will be a big backlash against him. Lots do not like him and the Hucks thing (no matter whether we think he should have been got rid of or not) will come back to haunt him. The tone of Neil Adams'' after match comments have changed. Comments like " Jamie Cureton needs to feel loved at the club", imply more than they say.

Roeder repeatadly said last sseason that he "liked living on the edge". I do believe that at this moment in time, he is right on the edge.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]My colleague''s  missus was working last night at Yarmouth Races and was talking to Kevin Piper. He said that we wouldn’t be surprised if Roeder leaves before long, he’s not a happy bunny, he said that he wouldn’t be sad to see him go either. Piper was at a dinner with Roeder last season and he apparently said “If I want Huckerby gone, he’ll be gone”.[/quote]

Expect more turmoil just before Xmas again. The Glum Reeper always has a good first season - West Ham, Newcastle - then gets found out. City will be in about 18th place then, the board will panic - as usual - and he will be paid off, giving the next new manager to spend 2/6 in the january sales in an attempt to keep City up again. The revolving door policy simply doesn''t work - ask Newcastle supporters.

Norwich City are a superb club with probably the best supporter base in the country. Not many clubs could sell 20,000 season tickets considering our record over past few seasons. .

==========

Get real my friend, Norwich are the best supported club in your county not your country, and lots of clubs sell more than 20,000 season tickets, it''s called the Premiership. But to be fair, your average crowds for a very ordinary team are brilliant (yes i am jealous) just proves there is not much else to do up their in Jeremy Clarkson''s ''wilderness''.

TF costs money.

[/quote]

I''m not entirely sure that''s correct, but it does take time. Maybe that is what Glenn was driving at with his talk of a three year plan. As I said on the other thread that you started on this subject at the Ajax academy the players play in every position on the field as they are progressing through the ranks, which not only means they can play in a variety of positions but also gives them an insight into how the opposition will behave. That sort of thing simply doesn''t happen in this country which may explain why GR seems to be casting his net a little wider than some of our previous managers and also why he is setting three year targets?

A big bag of money would move things along a lot more quickly though [;)]

If the Board do not back Roeder & Clark in their attempts to lure the striker they want...

...and they walk

.....then it really is BYE BYE BOARD.

We simply cannot tolerate another Martin O''Neil situashun.

No way.

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

Norwich City are a superb club with probably the best supporter base in the country. Not many clubs could sell 20,000 season tickets considering our record over past few seasons. .

==========

Get real my friend, Norwich are the best supported club in your county not your country, and lots of clubs sell more than 20,000 season tickets, it''s called the Premiership. But to be fair, your average crowds for a very ordinary team are brilliant (yes i am jealous) just proves there is not much else to do up their in Jeremy Clarkson''s ''wilderness''.

[/quote]OK. As a percentage of capacity extremely well supported. Very good average crowds for a very ordinary team, I would say. Not being Norfolk born and bred, I would say that Norfolk and Suffolk are very similar and both with a superb countryside.

Ipswich have 15,000 season tickets don''t they and that side is a bit above ordinary if last seasons derby is anything to go by.

Norwich City supporters deserve more than they get.

That is being real, my friend.

At the moment I think the only reason Roeder will walk is if he isn''t backed, which from what it seems is true, although us fans don''t really know, there isn''t smoke without fire.

But this comment:

"The tone of Neil Adams'' after match comments have changed" - I have to admit I think Adams is just bitter.

At the dinner i attended earlier on this month i got the impression Roeder and Piper were uncomfortable in eachothers company so it doesn''t completely suprise me that Piper is saying that

[/quote]Sorry but the the league hucks is in now could at best be compared to div 2 standard, of course he will shine in such a situation.Fact is he had little left to offer at championship standard.Some people need to get real and get over hucks.His standard was getting worse and worse the last three seasons.And his attitude was not great eather.He only played when he could be bother the last couple of seasons, so stop going on about the guy.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]At the moment I think the only reason Roeder will walk is if he isn''t backed, which from what it seems is true, although us fans don''t really know, there isn''t smoke without fire.

But this comment:

"The tone of Neil Adams'' after match comments have changed" - I have to admit I think Adams is just bitter.[/quote]First of all we had ''Neil just sits on the fence'', now he''s bitter............“And yet these nasty, irritating people that try and cause

confrontation between myself and a player, between myself and

supporters, are just bad people.“It is easy being a manager when you are one of 25,000 sitting in the

stand or if you are an ex-player who is now working for the media who

will never manage anything better than an under-10 team, thinking he

knows best - and you know what I’m talking about, and I will deal with

that, trust me. I’m a nice bloke, but not always.”
Sorry ncfcstar, only one bitter person in the equation. Roeder was proven to be a little silly really.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]At the dinner i attended earlier on this month i got the impression Roeder and Piper were uncomfortable in eachothers company so it doesn''t completely suprise me that Piper is saying that
[/quote]

Seems like Roeder has made himself not very popular with anybody in the media or the press!

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Sorry but the the league hucks is in now could at best be compared to div 2 standard, of course he will shine in such a situation.
Fact is he had little left to offer at championship standard.
Some people need to get real and get over hucks.
His standard was getting worse and worse the last three seasons.And his attitude was not great eather.
He only played when he could be bother the last couple of seasons, so stop going on about the guy.
[/quote]

You have a chip on your shoulder and sodall knowledge of the MLS.  Get over yourself.

I seem to recall Roeder then proceeded to deny that his outburst had been aimed in Adams'' direction. So either it was somebody else (any ideas?), or he was pretty cowardly...Have to say I''ve never been entirely at ease with Roeder''s attitude/comments, but whilst he was saving us from relegation nobody really cared I suppose! Let''s hope we start picking up results...

I honestly don''t think Roeder did much wrong when it came to Adams. Fair enough he can voice his opinion on Rad N, but when he suggests that there is some sort of rift caused by the manager, what else does he expect to happen to him?

I predict that throughout this season, he will constantly berate Roeder, and if he does not do well, he will come out with something like "I didn''t want to say anything, but I told you so". In my eyes he is bitter.

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]Sorry but the the league hucks is in now could at best be compared to div 2 standard, of course he will shine in such a situation.Fact is he had little left to offer at championship standard.Some people need to get real and get over hucks.His standard was getting worse and worse the last three seasons.And his attitude was not great eather.He only played when he could be bother the last couple of seasons, so stop going on about the guy.[/quote]

You have a chip on your shoulder and sodall knowledge of the MLS.  Get over yourself.

[/quote]

I think iam one of the few supporters on here that has no chip on his/her shoulder.Am i the one bitching like a big girls blouse about a player that is in our history ?But i guess you fail to see the irony in your own post [:D]

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Sorry but the the league hucks is in now could at best be compared to div 2 standard, of course he will shine in such a situation.
His standard was getting worse and worse the last three seasons.And his attitude was not great eather.
He only played when he could be bother the last couple of seasons, so stop going on about the guy.
[/quote]

[/quote]

MLS is no where near the standard of the championship, you don''t need much knowledge to know that.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]MLS is as good as at least Div1. That''s league MK Dons play in. 2nd sentence. That''s why 11 Championship and one Prem League came in for him.

His attitude was excellent.and his standard was better than most of the rubbish we have at the club now.

You need to " get real " as you put it.

Will go on about the guy.

It''s all about opinions isn''t it. I think yours is ridiculous as no doubt you do mine.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]Sorry but the the league hucks is in now could at best be compared to div 2 standard, of course he will shine in such a situation.Fact is he had little left to offer at championship standard.Some people need to get real and get over hucks.His standard was getting worse and worse the last three seasons.And his attitude was not great eather.He only played when he could be bother the last couple of seasons, so stop going on about the guy.[/quote]MLS is as good as at least Div1. That''s league MK Dons play in. 2nd sentence. That''s why 11 Championship and one Prem League came in for him.

[/quote]Please.It was just specualtion about who came in for him, do you really think he would have turned down a prem team, where money would be better than he was on at NCFC let alone a MLS team.[:|]

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]

[/quote]MLS is as good as at least Div1. That''s league MK Dons play in. 2nd sentence. That''s why 11 Championship and one Prem League came in for him.

[/quote]

Please.
It was just specualtion about who came in for him, do you really think he would have turned down a prem team, where money would be better than he was on at NCFC let alone a MLS team.[:|]
[/quote]He said he did. So he''s a liar as well now is he? You really have it in for him don''t you.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Strawberry"]

[/quote]Sorry but the the league hucks is in now could at best be compared to div 2 standard, of course he will shine in such a situation.Fact is he had little left to offer at championship standard.Some people need to get real and get over hucks.His standard was getting worse and worse the last three seasons.And his attitude was not great eather.He only played when he could be bother the last couple of seasons, so stop going on about the guy.[/quote]MLS is as good as at least Div1. That''s league MK Dons play in. 2nd sentence. That''s why 11 Championship and one Prem League came in for him.

[/quote]Please.It was just specualtion about who came in for him, do you really think he would have turned down a prem team, where money would be better than he was on at NCFC let alone a MLS team.[:|][/quote]He said he did. So he''s a liar as well now is he? You really have it in for him don''t you.[/quote]Whatever mate, iam not arguing a pathetic point with another NCFC fan.You think he still had something to offer us, i dont, we have our own opinions, and that can only be a good thing [:)]

I''m not sure it''s relevant to compare the MLS with English football at any level.  It''s a different style.  For example, in League 1 and 2 you expect to see a fair bit of hoofball.  The MLS isn''t like that at all - admittedly I''ve only seen about an hour''s worth in clips so far but I don''t think I''ve seen them hoof it once.

Listening to SJE fans, they say their youngsters are brought up to pass it - they are influenced far more by European continental and South American football than the English style.  They say that''s fine up to a point but Hucks will be good for US youngsters to watch because he shows what can be done on the ball and that it''s not necessary to get rid like a hot potato each and every time.

It''s a mistake to dismiss the MLS out of hand, and I''m afraid to say it stems from arrogance.  We think we know it all just because we invented the game.