Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Dont spend, dont achieve. Its that simple.

We spent little over £1m rebuilding half - I will repeat - half - the squad and people are suprised we are still underperforming? We are getting our just reward for the pathetic investment/ambition shown by our board over the last three years. Other teams have trebled what we have spent on single players this pre season. They have zero intention of taking this club forward. It is spearheaded by an embarrassment of a woman who has got no grasp of football logic what-so-ever. Think back to her interview at the Royal Norfolk Show. Her investment talk was a shambles.......designed to build up our hopes and then crush our spirts. Her evil grasp of our club is garrotting any hopes of progress. Its as clear as day. What has she done with all the money? Does anyone care?

My initial 15 game gel period has been cancelled...........Lets face facts, a team with no stars and no goal scorers doesnt stand a chance in this league. If we dont spend soon we are in serious trouble.

i agree totally well written, i thought that about the royal norfolk show what was all that about hardly major investment and everythings rosy ,even the manager cant be honest lupoli whos he two days later he signs, besides delia likes embarasing herself wouldnt be the first time.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

My initial 15 game gel period has been cancelled......

[/quote]So, at first you thought it would take the team 15 games to gel. They haven''t done so after two, so now you don''t think they will after 15? Or are you now going to games without the stylish ''bed-head'' look?

Think back to her interview at the Royal Norfolk Show. Her investment talk was a shambles.......designed to build up our hopes and then crush our spirts.

[/quote]

Lets be havin ya!

What on earth was Delia going on about regarding investment? 

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

My initial 15 game gel period has been cancelled......

[/quote]

So, at first you thought it would take the team 15 games to gel. They haven''t done so after two, so now you don''t think they will after 15?

Or are you now going to games without the stylish ''bed-head'' look?
[/quote]

Stupidly I thought the team were capable of scoring against MK Dons. They are''nt. Things were bad pre season, and much worse now.

The issue is no longer gelling. 15 games is no longer the solution. the solution is to bring in some quality players.

We spent little over £1m rebuilding half - I will repeat - half - the squad and people are suprised we are still underperforming? We are getting our just reward for the pathetic investment/ambition shown by our board over the last three years. Other teams have trebled what we have spent on single players this pre season. They have zero intention of taking this club forward. It is spearheaded by an embarrassment of a woman who has got no grasp of football logic what-so-ever. Think back to her interview at the Royal Norfolk Show. Her investment talk was a shambles.......designed to build up our hopes and then crush our spirts. Her evil grasp of our club is garrotting any hopes of progress. Its as clear as day. What has she done with all the money? Does anyone care?

My initial 15 game gel period has been cancelled...........Lets face facts, a team with no stars and no goal scorers doesnt stand a chance in this league. If we dont spend soon we are in serious trouble.

[/quote]Everyone''s entitled to their opinion Canaryfan but Delia really isn''t evil, play fair.

We have spent what we can afford, simple as.  Where has the money gone, into running the club.  League one here we come, no way.  We are one goalscorer short of having a half decent team.  A rebuild of the magnitutude required at Carrow Road will not take 1 summer.  We will do better than we did last season for sure, will it be good enough for some, probably not.

If you dont think the club is ambitious then you are a fool.  Trouble is all 24 clubs in our league are chasing the premiership promised land, it cant be rosey for everyone all of the time.

No way on earth is this club ambitious! Ambitious would be allowing Roader to purchase his preferred striking targets, not fob him off with young loanees.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

We have spent what we can afford, simple as.  Where has the money gone, into running the club.  League one here we come, no way.  We are one goalscorer short of having a half decent team.  A rebuild of the magnitutude required at Carrow Road will not take 1 summer.  We will do better than we did last season for sure, will it be good enough for some, probably not.

If you dont think the club is ambitious then you are a fool.  Trouble is all 24 clubs in our league are chasing the premiership promised land, it cant be rosey for everyone all of the time.

[/quote]

You sir, are a fool.

[quote user="Grando"]No way on earth is this club ambitious! Ambitious would be allowing Roader to purchase his preferred striking targets, not fob him off with young loanees.[/quote]

Not ambitious because we arent throwing pots of money around.  Thats rubbish and you know it.  We have a budget to work to, Roeder will have his targets who fit within that budget.  In an ideal world we would spend £5m on a new striker, but we dont live in an ideal world do we...

[quote user="Grando"]No way on earth is this club ambitious! Ambitious would be allowing Roader to purchase his preferred striking targets, not fob him off with young loanees.[/quote]

Not ambitious because we arent throwing pots of money around.  Thats rubbish and you know it.  We have a budget to work to, Roeder will have his targets who fit within that budget.  In an ideal world we would spend £5m on a new striker, but we dont live in an ideal world do we...

[/quote]You can only be as ambitious as the budget you have allows.  You can''t magic up money from no where, GR knows his budget and what he has to work with.

''Ambitious would be allowing Roader to purchase his preferred striking targets, not fob him off with young loanees.''

Humour me here for a second, i just had a crazy thought:

Maybe, y''know, Roeder wanted those young loanees, and rates them as decent players.

Actually, how stupid of me! That couldn''t possibly be the case, i mean, it wouldn''t give everyone a chance to slate the board now, would it?

[/quote]

You sound like a man who has ran the race of life and come last.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone has to come last, that is the whole point.  Only three teams can win in this league, are we any less ambitious if we arent one of them.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Everyone''s entitled to their opinion Canaryfan but Delia really isn''t evil, play fair.
[/quote]

Never said she was Andy. It is her stranglehold on the club that is evil. Delia is a decent woman by all accounts and despite her embarrassments her heart is in the right place. But she must see that the club is suffering, she must know that we dont stand a chance of progressing unless we bring in some quality fire power. Over the last three years the club have sold players for big profits but for some reason or other this money isnt being reinvested. Revenue has been generated so why have we only spent a pathetic £1m on permanent signings in the mid season? I want an explanation mate.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Someone has to come last, that is the whole point.  Only three teams can win in this league, are we any less ambitious if we arent one of them.

[/quote]

You still sound like a man who has ran the race of life and come last. You sound like coming last doesnt bother you.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]Everyone''s entitled to their opinion Canaryfan but Delia really isn''t evil, play fair.[/quote]

Never said she was Andy. It is her stranglehold on the club that is evil. Delia is a decent woman by all accounts and despite her embarrassments her heart is in the right place. But she must see that the club is suffering, she must know that we dont stand a chance of progressing unless we bring in some quality fire power. Over the last three years the club have sold players for big profits but for some reason or other this money isnt being reinvested. Revenue has been generated so why have we only spent a pathetic £1m on permanent signings in the mid season? I want an explanation mate.

[/quote]Fair enough, my mistake.  As you were.   [:D]

Yes, maybe given his lack of support in the transfer market Roeder rated Lupoli and the lad from Portsmouth enough to bring them in, given that he had no other options. But I doubt he would have brought them in if his preferred targets were available to us (or at least they would have been only supplementary signings).

We''re fairly certain that in the past Roeder wanted Ameobi, Patterson, Iverson (possibly), and Rasiak. The fact he hasn''t signed any of these clearly demonstrates we have no money left whatsoever, which given our ticket sales is nigh on criminal. It''s fairly obvious to me that we''re on our last legs - I don''t understand why others continue to fail to see this.

[/quote]Bollox we don''t need to bring anybody in it''s fine. We''ll survive. Anyways I''m off to put 10,000 pounds on Norwich to lose on Saturday. Ta ra.

[quote user="Grando"]Yes, maybe given his lack of support in the transfer market Roeder rated Lupoli and the lad from Portsmouth enough to bring them in, given that he had no other options. But I doubt he would have brought them in if his preferred targets were available to us (or at least they would have been only supplementary signings). We''re fairly certain that in the past Roeder wanted Ameobi, Patterson, Iverson (possibly), and Rasiak. The fact he hasn''t signed any of these clearly demonstrates we have no money left whatsoever, which given our ticket sales is nigh on criminal. It''s fairly obvious to me that we''re on our last legs - I don''t understand why others continue to fail to see this.[/quote]

The fact that the transfer window closes at the end of August and we clearly intend to buy a striker, for an amount that you and I can only speculate about, clearly demonstrates that you are talking from an orifice that wasn''t designed for that purpose.You are entitled to your opinion but don''t present it as irrefutable fact when you can''t back it up!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Someone has to come last, that is the whole point.  Only three teams can win in this league, are we any less ambitious if we arent one of them.[/quote]

Congratulations. You are probably the perfect example of the mediocrity-loving, family-day-out City fan.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Bollox we don''t need to bring anybody in it''s fine. We''ll survive. Anyways I''m off to put 10,000 pounds on Norwich to lose on Saturday. Ta ra.
[/quote]

So we dont need another striker then? Im glad you''re not the manager mate.

I think you placing £10k on Norwich to lose is a great idea. [:S]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]Bollox we don''t need to bring anybody in it''s fine. We''ll survive. Anyways I''m off to put 10,000 pounds on Norwich to lose on Saturday. Ta ra.[/quote]

[/quote]Haha see, by not getting a striker it guarantees us to lose! and then I can make money from us losing! It''s wonderful!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Grando"]Yes, maybe given his lack of support in the transfer market Roeder rated Lupoli and the lad from Portsmouth enough to bring them in, given that he had no other options. But I doubt he would have brought them in if his preferred targets were available to us (or at least they would have been only supplementary signings). We''re fairly certain that in the past Roeder wanted Ameobi, Patterson, Iverson (possibly), and Rasiak. The fact he hasn''t signed any of these clearly demonstrates we have no money left whatsoever, which given our ticket sales is nigh on criminal. It''s fairly obvious to me that we''re on our last legs - I don''t understand why others continue to fail to see this.[/quote]

The fact that the transfer window closes at the end of August and we clearly intend to buy a striker, for an amount that you and I can only speculate about, clearly demonstrates that you are talking from an orifice that wasn''t designed for that purpose.You are entitled to your opinion but don''t present it as irrefutable fact when you can''t back it up!

[/quote]

Fair enough. let''s see who we sign and then decide whether my orifice was correct.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Bollox we don''t need to bring anybody in it''s fine. We''ll survive. Anyways I''m off to put 10,000 pounds on Norwich to lose on Saturday. Ta ra.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha see, by not getting a striker it guarantees us to lose! and then I can make money from us losing! It''s wonderful!
[/quote]

Thats actually quite logical. Im off to the bookies. [;)]

[quote user="Grando"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote] Fair enough. let''s see who we sign and then decide whether my orifice was correct.[/quote]

Ok,I look forward to examining your orifice with you at a later date!Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Someone has to come last, that is the whole point.  Only three teams can win in this league, are we any less ambitious if we arent one of them.[/quote]

Congratulations. You are probably the perfect example of the mediocrity-loving, family-day-out City fan.

[/quote]

Trouble is there seems to be getting on for 20,000 of `em these days.....ever sat in the Jarrold stand? [8-)]

Still, the toilets are shiny and the pies are tasty so the club are getting the important things right.....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Jim Duffy"]

[/quote]Trouble is there seems to be getting on for 20,000 of `em these days.....ever sat in the Jarrold stand? [8-)]

Still, the toilets are shiny and the pies are tasty so the club are getting the important things right.....[/quote]If you are eating your pies in the toilets Mr. Carrow, it''s not surprising they''re tasty. [:D]