Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

17000 for showpiece friendly!!

If were honest, 17,000 isn''t exactly a bad figure for a friendly is it?! I mean who would you rather watch, spurs or west ham?I know the two clubs are fairly close in geographical terms (west ham and ipswich that is) but that''s what ipswich were averaging roughly last year for their league games, I mean how many other clubs would sell more then 17,000 tickets for that game..you just have to ignore our insane, fanatical support which for ever reason would probably sell out if we were playing a revitalised scarborough team on a wet, cold december night for the ldv vans trophy first round!!

[quote user="The Lord"]If were honest, 17,000 isn''t exactly a bad figure for a friendly is it?! I mean who would you rather watch, spurs or west ham?

I know the two clubs are fairly close in geographical terms (west ham and ipswich that is) but that''s what ipswich were averaging roughly last year for their league games, I mean how many other clubs would sell more then 17,000 tickets for that game..you just have to ignore our insane, fanatical support which for ever reason would probably sell out if we were playing a revitalised scarborough team on a wet, cold december night for the ldv vans trophy first round!!
[/quote]

Like all 7000 people at Carra Rudd on Saturday?

haha, as i typed it, I knew someone would (correctly) point this out, but bearing in mind we had played spurs, our ''showpiece'' friendly 6 days ago, to get 7,000 against colchester was still a good show for a pointless glorified training session

[quote user="Chrisr"]Wish I hadn''t, it was awful....[/quote]

Same here, took my girlf to her first ever game, wish i never bothered. she did like the songs about Col u playing in Tesco''s carrier bags though!!

[quote user="The Lord"]If were honest, 17,000 isn''t exactly a bad figure for a friendly is it?! I mean who would you rather watch, spurs or west ham?

[/quote]

Yeah but we sold out against them last season, and there weren''t as many Hammer fans at the game as what Tottenham brought last monday.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

Same here, took my girlf to her first ever game, wish i never bothered. she did like the songs about Col u playing in Tesco''s carrier bags though!!

[/quote]

ha ha! we obviously live in a parallel universe. my g/f said she felt sick after about 3 minutes.

and yes, i did think we had changed the fixture to tesco value f.c

I also took my girlfriend to her 1st football match on Saturday. She enjoyed getting her first shirt and some of the songs that were sung in the Barclay. Atleast theres 1 Norwich fan in her house now as the rest are all Ipsh!t fans.

reading the posts on here it appears that I was the only one that actually enjoyed the Col Utd game, would a million times rather have been at that game with a decent set of genuine supporters rather than the Spurs game surrounded by a set of once a season psuedo cockney chavs from the likes of Haverhill, Thetford, Clacton and other London overspill towns, whilst their "team" gives us a pasting courtesy of an ex binner. If we aren''t going to get some serious investment in this season can we just avoid the embarassment of playing a Prem team pre season next year?