Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

What woud be classed as a succesful season

Given all that has happened during the last couple of seasons, comings goings both of players and managers. What would you class as a succesful season?

My personal feeling is that i would be happy with 10th this year and be able to push for play-offs or automatic next year. I think we need to give the team time to gel and from what i have seen of the signings they have improved the level of the squad. one of my main worries is we have very little players who can change a game when we are not playing well. We had one in Huckerby, maybe not as much last season but certainly before. I think it would be too much of a burden to place the Huckerby replacement tag on Wes, how ever good he has look in pre-season.

Does Roeder think that we can seariously challenge this season? or is he like i think planning for things in a season or two?

I reckon a succesful season would be to finish in the top 6. But we should be looking to win the league by Christmas. Whether anything lower than 6th could be classed as succesful we can only decide after the season is over.

What would be said on here if Doomcaster wrote in the EDP that he would be happy to finish 10th this season? Or if Roeder said in the EEN that he wanted to consolidate for a push on the play-offs next season?

Anyway my friend..

Dare to dream.

top half of the table 9th-12 is realistic i think, with a big push for promotion next season i rekcon (09/10)

A successful season would be top 6. A better season would be any where in the top 8-10. Anything lower than 10th will be very disappointing.

Glenn has a 3 year plan remember

Year 1 (last season) Stay up and begin to build a team

Year 2 (starts tomorrow :D) Mid table finish, around 13th is what I would class as a successful season

Year 3 - Minimum of 6th place and a strong promotion push

I think we are well on for just that so far, we stayed up, we have a good squad, good enough to finish mid table, and I can see that Glenn''s links in the transfer market are very good and very reliable and think he can bring in great talent for NEXT year :)

Mid table is a successful season in Glenn''s eyes and in mine

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]A successful season would be top 6. A better season would be any where in the top 8-10. Anything lower than 10th will be very disappointing.[/quote]

11-14 cant really be regarded as very disappointing, we need to consolidate after last season, and sucess doesnt come over night. I think anything below 14th would be a bit disappointing, and a relagtion battle would be very disappointing, but 14+ finish would be alright i think

Depends really. We could finish 14th with the same points as we got last year, would that be progress?

For me we have to be top half and flirting with the play-offs as an absolute minimum this year. It is all very well saying we are building for the future but the likes of Marshall, Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan & Fozzie etc aren''t likely to hang around if we finish way off the pace and mid table. We need to show that we can compete and be challenging in this division.

I still can''t see where the goals are coming from again this year and signing the likes of Howard or some 19yr old reservee (on loan) is unlikely to solve anything. If we get another striker in it has to be permanent!

[quote user="The Duke"]

Given all that has happened during the last couple of seasons, comings goings both of players and managers. What would you class as a succesful season?

My personal feeling is that i would be happy with 10th this year and be able to push for play-offs or automatic next year. I think we need to give the team time to gel and from what i have seen of the signings they have improved the level of the squad. one of my main worries is we have very little players who can change a game when we are not playing well. We had one in Huckerby, maybe not as much last season but certainly before. I think it would be too much of a burden to place the Huckerby replacement tag on Wes, how ever good he has look in pre-season.

Does Roeder think that we can seariously challenge this season? or is he like i think planning for things in a season or two?

[/quote]

If Smith got booed at every game would be enough for me....

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And an unemployed Doncaster doing the booing from outside the main entrance.......would be the icing on the cake for me....[<:o)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="The Duke"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And an unemployed Doncaster doing the booing from outside the main entrance.......would be the icing on the cake for me....[<:o)]

[/quote]

Yeah...especially if we could pull his trousers down while he was doing it.........

[Y][Y][Y] [<:o)]

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Yeah...especially if we could pull his trousers down while he was doing it.........

]

[/quote]I don''t get this....... really i don''tWhat''s he done wrong.Enlighten me with facts. Nobody....NOBODY at the club has worked harder

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

]

[/quote]

I don''t get this....... really i don''t
What''s he done wrong.

Enlighten me with facts. Nobody....NOBODY at the club has worked harder

[/quote]

And he''s certainly a NOBODY......

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

]

[/quote]

What''s he done wrong.

[/quote]

You can work as hard as you like digging a hole...but if it''s in the wrong place and not deep enough it''s useless.

Anyway...I thought pulling his trousers down would be quite funny.

I realise for some unfathomable reason that peoples expectations are much lower these days, but I would still regard promotion and/or a good Cup run as successful.Three year plans from a Board & manager who''ve found their comfort zone that are backed up by submissive & ignorant fans doesn''t quite cut the mustard for me.

[quote user="shyster"]I realise for some unfathomable reason that peoples expectations are much lower these days, but I would still regard promotion and/or a good Cup run as successful.Three year plans from a Board & manager who''ve found their comfort zone that are backed up by submissive & ignorant fans doesn''t quite cut the mustard for me.[/quote]I don''t regard myself as submissive or ignorant. But I do think there is the possibility we could push for a top half finish with one more 15+ goals signing. This, i would regard after the last few years as a positive season.Being a Norwich City fan truly teaches you the fine line between pessimism and realism.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

]

[/quote]

What''s he done wrong.

[/quote]

You can work as hard as you like digging a hole...but if it''s in the wrong place and not deep enough it''s useless.

[/quote]

You''ve not answered his question...

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

]

[/quote]

What''s he done wrong.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not here to be "right" or answer questions as I prefer to leave that to the pretentious....besides which if you can''t work this one out for yourself you must be an entrenched resident of Delialalaland...the place where Smith and her circus performers can do no wrong.

I still say pulling his trousers down would be funny however.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

]

[/quote]

What''s he done wrong.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not here to be "right" or answer questions as I prefer to leave that to the pretentious....besides which if you can''t work this one out for yourself you must be an entrenched resident of Delialalaland...the place where Smith and her circus performers can do no wrong.

I still say pulling his trousers down would be funny however.

[/quote]

Pervert!

A more successful season would be to finish above where we did last season. .......shows improvement!

I reckon top half.....I`d be very pleased to be there or thereabouts for playoffs