Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

Its either Iversen, Ameobi, or someone nobody has guessed at...

here is why.

Roeder would want the big striker in by now. There are several players people keep mentioning and i will tell you why i feel you can cross them off the list.

Howard. If we wanted him and he was in our price range we would have got him by now.

Ditto Rasiak.

Siberski. He  is  available on a free transfer, if we could afford him and Roeder wanted him we would have got him by now.

Carroll. We bid for him, probably about as much as we can afford and Newcastle turned it down and said he is not for sale. I think this one is dead in the water.

This points to the man Roeder is after as being either Iversen or Ameobi. Can''t see it being Ameobi as we couldn''t afford his wages and he is said not even to be a target man type player so what would be the point?

Glenn has admitted defeat on signing a target man already (Radio Norfolk), so... whether he has been a bit cunning and doesn''t class Shola or Steffen as "target" men, rather tall nifty strikers then anything is still possible.

The conference according to Coventry at 1pm tomorrow shall be very interesting IF it does actually happen!

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Glenn has admitted defeat on signing a target man already (Radio Norfolk), so... whether he has been a bit cunning and doesn''t class Shola or Steffen as "target" men, rather tall nifty strikers then anything is still possible. The conference according to Coventry at 1pm tomorrow shall be very interesting IF it does actually happen![/quote]

I''m sorry? What conference tomorrow?

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Glenn has admitted defeat on signing a target man already (Radio Norfolk), so... whether he has been a bit cunning and doesn''t class Shola or Steffen as "target" men, rather tall nifty strikers then anything is still possible. The conference according to Coventry at 1pm tomorrow shall be very interesting IF it does actually happen![/quote]

I thought it was supposed to be today.

There was talk of one today, but on the Coventry news website that stated Ameobi was struggling to be fit the game, throwing this whole Shola saga into the mix again - someone said a 1pm conference before the game saturday is just pre-match routine and that is what the coventry site meant by saying "and Norwich will hold a press conference at 1pm to announce a new striker..." blah blah blah

If it is Iversen this may well move things on a bit.

Albanian striker on loan

By Thomas Myren, 8 August 2008, 18:27

Besart Berisha joins Rosenborg on loan from Burnley.The 23-year-old missed almost the whole 07/08 season due to a serious knee injury.

"Bes will go on loan to Rosenborg until 31st December. This will

enable him to get match games which are vital for his rehabilitation,"

Burnley coach Owen Clive tells the club site.

Berisha and his family escaped to Berlin during the war in the 90s,

and was discovered by Hamburger SV. During his time in the club, he was

on an unsuccessful loan to Erik Hamrén''s Aalborg in 04/05.

Didn''t someone say Iversen''s wife was English, therefore perhaps the "promise" that the club made (according to Roeder) was for him to be able to move back to England? So therefore if the said transfer is dead in the water, then maybe it is the Iversen one.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]There was talk of one today, but on the Coventry news website that stated Ameobi was struggling to be fit the game, throwing this whole Shola saga into the mix again - someone said a 1pm conference before the game saturday is just pre-match routine and that is what the coventry site meant by saying "and Norwich will hold a press conference at 1pm to announce a new striker..." blah blah blah[/quote]

That conference was today but moved forward to 8.45am this morning. There is no press conference Saturday.

I think we''re all clutching at straws and trying to piece together the various clues.The simple fact is that we all have our opinions,but it still could be one of a number.I,for one,find all the ups and downs frustrating and we all want it sorted,but I guess that we''ve just go to wait a little bit longer.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]If it is Iversen this may well move things on a bit.

Albanian striker on loan
By Thomas Myren, 8 August 2008, 18:27

Besart Berisha joins Rosenborg on loan from Burnley.

The 23-year-old missed almost the whole 07/08 season due to a serious knee injury.

"Bes will go on loan to Rosenborg until 31st December. This will enable him to get match games which are vital for his rehabilitation," Burnley coach Owen Clive tells the club site.

Berisha and his family escaped to Berlin during the war in the 90s, and was discovered by Hamburger SV. During his time in the club, he was on an unsuccessful loan to Erik Hamrén''s Aalborg in 04/05.

[/quote]

I read somewhere that that bloke Maltesa has gone to a Belgium team too. I think Iverson is the man, I am reading between the lines, but he said that the club are being a little difficult, they won''t sell untill they have a replacement. We shall see.

i have been told by some people at colney that we have offered a year loan deal to emile heskey.

i honoustly dont think he will come to us but apparently we have.

wait and see i guess