Sign in to follow this  
SAFU2007

Re: £500,000 bid for Howard turned down.

May I just repeat, for the umpteenth time today, that the Howard story

is just that... the fact its appeared on the Pinkun website is

testament not to the strength of the rumour but to the quality of

journalism at Archant currently... if you''re going to get your knickers

in a twist, at least use a real example, not one Cuffley has dug up from the tabloids...

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Broken record...

Personally, how have you deduced that the board aren''t supporting Roeder (he has said on several occasions that they have supported him as best they possibly can)? More likely, we simply don''t have any money.

Still, don''t let lack of facts get in the way of a good anti-Delia, pro-Cullum rant, eh?
[/quote]

Whilst Dealno and Kneel Doncaster can rely upon the majority of fans being Board Apologists like you they have nothing to worry about. "Funny, Kneel, isn''t it, how we can dump on our fans from a great height season after season and the vast majority of them still won''t have a bad word to say about us ?!" Merriment and mirth in the background as all the toadies including Kneel (still kneeling) dutifully laugh at the fat lady''s quip. It ain''t all over yet, she adds, no singing from me for a long time to come.

Err, where exactly did I say that I am in support of Delia you ignorant fool?I was just pointing out how you like to pass your opinions off as fact. Why the hell would Roeder say "the board have supported me" if it wasn''t true? As far as I''m aware, he wasn''t asked directly "have the board supported you?", but volunteered the statement whilst talking about signings. It''s hardly likely that he would do this if he felt he hadn''t been supported, now is it?And without opening up an old debate - Bristol City''s wealthy owner made a serious offer, bought the club and has invested heavily in players. That is why they can afford to spend money on unproven players.Besides which, you have no idea if we have any other signings of similar value in the pipeline. Why not wait until the transfer window closes eh?

[quote user="Grando"]And before someone comes out in defence of the Board with the fact that Bristol''s chairman is rich - in fact 260 on the 2008 Sunday Times Rich List with an estimated fortune of £338 million - just remember that we could have had the man at number 40, with wealth of £1.7 billion, in charge of us. 25,000 fans week-in week out. We should be more competitive against other Championship clubs in the transfer market.[/quote]

How? Cullum was just pulling our chains,if he''d have been serious he''d have followed it through to the end. I no longer buy into the Cullum is our hero thing, he made mugs of us.

Actually, I''m no fan of Delia and would be delighted if Cullum actually came in and made a serious offer for the club, rather than playing ridiculous games in the media Al Guido.Still, apparently you lack the ability to realise that, in fact, people aren''t divided into "Pro Cullum"/"Anti Delia" factions, and are perfectly capable of forming opinions based on fact rather than passion.Tit.

Sorry I forgot, Cullum was just going public for a laugh and to wind us up. Towergate really wanted to acquire an ailing Championship club to sit alongside all their unrelated insurance interests.

He clearly wasn''t serious, because he never made an official offer for all of the shares. It couldn''t possibly have been because the existing majority shareholders had absolutely no intention of selling - therefore making any offer entirely redundant.

In any case, I''m much happier that we''re after teenage loan strikers with no experience of English football, rather than spending money on strikers who have played in the Football League before.

I think it shows the healthy state that we''re in as a football club. And I''m sure Glen relishes the extra challenge that this constraint places him under. Any manager worth his salt would.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Err, where exactly did I say that I am in support of Delia you ignorant fool?

I was just pointing out how you like to pass your opinions off as fact. Why the hell would Roeder say "the board have supported me" if it wasn''t true? As far as I''m aware, he wasn''t asked directly "have the board supported you?", but volunteered the statement whilst talking about signings. It''s hardly likely that he would do this if he felt he hadn''t been supported, now is it?

And without opening up an old debate - Bristol City''s wealthy owner made a serious offer, bought the club and has invested heavily in players. That is why they can afford to spend money on unproven players.

Besides which, you have no idea if we have any other signings of similar value in the pipeline. Why not wait until the transfer window closes eh?
[/quote]

I don''t know that if you are aware, but it tends to be recognised as a classic case of losing the argument, when one party has to resort to petty insults? Another fact you may not be aware of, this is a message board, were you are allowed to express opinions? If there is anything else I can help you to understand please don''t hesitate to ask

[quote user="Grando"]And before someone comes out in defence of the Board with the fact that Bristol''s chairman is rich - in fact 260 on the 2008 Sunday Times Rich List with an estimated fortune of £338 million - just remember that we could have had the man at number 40, with wealth of £1.7 billion, in charge of us. 25,000 fans week-in week out. We should be more competitive against other Championship clubs in the transfer market.[/quote]

Brilliant post

perhaps he did. if Delia and Michael didn''t want to sell there would have been no point in putting in an official offer, since they have to accept in order for anything else to happen. I don''t see why people seem so certain that he didn''t make an offer - this new theory that he was somehow having a laugh with us...

Jesus. Every now and then I get summoned from the shadows of the forum when sufficiently provoked by the short circuit arguments produced by some of the short circuited brains on this message board. this thread is absurd, flying in the face of fact as Shurmer has cogently pointed out. Sadly, as with anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together on this board, he has been taken on by the meatheads. Shurmer has efficiently neutered this unhelpful post so theres litte more to add save to send a litte message to the creator of this thread and those underlings who seemingly can never see the wood from the trees, or let facts disturb their narcissistic warblings: May i suggest the following little game to keep your minds occupied so you dont make this forum so tiresome in the future...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoUly6OoS7Mmozzaman

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]if he really wanted the club he would make a reasonable offer then[/quote]

the thread was not intended to be about cullum, it was pointing out that every year we spend sweet FA, and sadly every year some of you are so gullible that you swallow it hook line and sinker. You who tolerate it are guilty, far more than the Board/Owners for the current state of our club, because YOU let them get away with it.

Dear Barclay Boy,As I''m not really an expert on losing arguments, I''m afraid I wasn''t aware of this. If you were, then why did you resort to a petty insult by implying that I am in fact a mindless sheep, who is in love with Delia? Anyway, I do apologise for my out-of-character phrasing. Let''s not let this get in the way of our discussion.

Incidentally, I am aware of a very common technique (common to politicians I think) which involves deflecting attention back onto your "opposer", as opposed to actually answering the direct questions posed. This usually occurs if the person being asked would prefer to ignore the questions.As I am aware that opinion is a wonderful thing, and is more than appropriate to be expressed on a message board, I would appreciate it if you would answer these questions for me:1. Why the hell would Roeder say "the board have supported me" if it

wasn''t true? As far as I''m aware, he wasn''t asked directly "have the

board supported you?", but volunteered the statement whilst talking

about signings.
2. Do you know for a fact that we do not have any 1.5 mil+ transfers in the pipeline, which may come to fruition before the transfer window closes?Best wishes, and my humble apologies for upsetting you so deeply with my incredibly over the top insult. I await your reply.Ian

[quote user="mozzaman"]Jesus.

Every now and then I get summoned from the shadows of the forum when sufficiently provoked by the short circuit arguments produced by some of the short circuited brains on this message board.

this thread is absurd, flying in the face of fact as Shurmer has cogently pointed out. Sadly, as with anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together on this board, he has been taken on by the meatheads.

Shurmer has efficiently neutered this unhelpful post so theres litte more to add save to send a litte message to the creator of this thread and those underlings who seemingly can never see the wood from the trees, or let facts disturb their narcissistic warblings: May i suggest the following little game to keep your minds occupied so you dont make this forum so tiresome in the future...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoUly6OoS7M

mozzaman
[/quote]

refer to previous post, it is always a sign that you have lost the argument when you resort to insults, by the way neutered, narcissistic, well done for finding an opportunity to insert these within a post. You must truly be a disciple of Stephen Patrick Morrissey! Clever boy!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ffs people, its all based on a report in a tabloid... Cuffley doesn''t do proper journalism - going out into the world, establishing contacts, getting stories from reliable contacts - he just opens up a copy of The Sun or logs onto the Pinkun of a morning... This may seem like some kind of personal crusade, but the "journalism" at Archant is getting worse and I''m sorry but it winds me up...
[/quote]

Damn right! I see Cuffley has mentioned in his article about Iversson wanting to finish his career off in England. He got that off this site as i posted a link from Sky Sports News from last January about Iversson wanting to finish his career in England. I did the investigation on the net and he just popped it into his article. Lazy journalism indeed.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Broken record...

Personally, how have you deduced that the board aren''t supporting Roeder (he has said on several occasions that they have supported him as best they possibly can)? More likely, we simply don''t have any money.

Still, don''t let lack of facts get in the way of a good anti-Delia, pro-Cullum rant, eh?
[/quote]

Like the millions of pounds spent on non critical Fixed Assets since and including 04/05 season.

Agreed we should be more competitive.

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Dear Barclay Boy,

As I''m not really an expert on losing arguments, I''m afraid I wasn''t aware of this. If you were, then why did you resort to a petty insult by implying that I am in fact a mindless sheep, who is in love with Delia? Anyway, I do apologise for my out-of-character phrasing. Let''s not let this get in the way of our discussion.

Incidentally, I am aware of a very common technique (common to politicians I think) which involves deflecting attention back onto your "opposer", as opposed to actually answering the direct questions posed. This usually occurs if the person being asked would prefer to ignore the questions.

As I am aware that opinion is a wonderful thing, and is more than appropriate to be expressed on a message board, I would appreciate it if you would answer these questions for me:

1. Why the hell would Roeder say "the board have supported me" if it wasn''t true? As far as I''m aware, he wasn''t asked directly "have the board supported you?", but volunteered the statement whilst talking about signings.

2. Do you know for a fact that we do not have any 1.5 mil+ transfers in the pipeline, which may come to fruition before the transfer window closes?

Best wishes, and my humble apologies for upsetting you so deeply with my incredibly over the top insult. I await your reply.

Ian
[/quote]

1/ Because they are his employer, and at this early stage of his career with NCFC he would not, in my opinion, wish to appear negative, rather he may be trying to encourage the Board to support him as much as possible.

2/ Of course not, nothing would make me happier to find out tomorrow that we have picked up a top striker.

However years of bitter experience have taught me differently, my thread is out of total frustration that we ARE being overtaken by so many clubs, those with ambition and the wish to succeed. I don''t know how long you have been following NCFC but I was in Munich the night we beat Bayern and that was the best feeling in the world. We are never likely to be in that position again, but come on for Christ''s sake let''s show some ambition for our club can''t we?

OTBC

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]

[/quote]

it''s likely that GR is going to come out openly

[/quote]

I didn''t know GR was gay

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Spot the difference? One club is showing ambition and being supported by their Board, and the other one isn''t.[/quote]

Apologies for earlier mistake, thread should read  - Bristol City, club that want''s to get out of this division, does want to reward it''s supporters, buys striker for 2.25 million pounds, Norwich City, club with long suffering loyal supporters that it takes for granted, makes cheapo bid for cheapo striker we don''t actually want anyway.

But that would have been a bit of a long title on reflection

My go!  "Bristol City, club bankrolled by Chairman worth 240m or more, can afford players that are more expensive than Norwich City, bankrolled by Delia worth about 20m".

[quote user="Canary Nut"]If we really have bid £500k for Howard then it clearly shows the lack of ambition at NCFC Plc.[/quote]

Why does it?  It doesn''t show that we only have £500k.  It more likely means that Roeder thought that Howard would make a useful addition to the squad, having played successfully with Lupoli at Derby a couple of years ago, but given his age didn''t think he was worth spending more than £500k on.

If Roder had a decent amount of money to spend does anyone honestly believe 32-year old Howard - looking lumbering and past it according to a Leicester season-ticket holder friend - would be his first choice?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]Spot the difference? One club is showing ambition and being supported by their Board, and the other one isn''t.[/quote]

Apologies for earlier mistake, thread should read  - Bristol City, club that want''s to get out of this division, does want to reward it''s supporters, buys striker for 2.25 million pounds, Norwich City, club with long suffering loyal supporters that it takes for granted, makes cheapo bid for cheapo striker we don''t actually want anyway.

But that would have been a bit of a long title on reflection

[/quote]

Yeah, I''m sooooooooo jealous of Bristol City. I wish I''d spent the last 20 years supporting them instead of Norwich, after all, what a club! What a history! Remember that time they came 3rd in the premiership? Remember when they were promoted from the Championship as runaway champions? Ah, remember Munich, and the playoff final?

Long suffering? Perhaps I''m just a glutton for punishment - and the last 3 years have SUCKED - but we''re hardly long suffering fans. Things will turn around! Just check the league table at the end of the season, see if Bristol City have 2nd season syndrome...

That''s OK then. We''ll always have Munich. Great. No wonder the Board shows such a lack of ambition. You get the government you deserve and all that.

[quote user="Grando"]That''s OK then. We''ll always have Munich. Great. No wonder the Board shows such a lack of ambition. You get the government you deserve and all that.[/quote]

Wooooooooosh. Hear that? That was you missing the point. I''m certainly not satisfied with the current situation.

But to say we''re "long suffering" fans? How do think Bristol City fans felt over the last, oooooh, 50 years, while we''ve been enjoying top flight football, finals, semi finals, European adventures etc? With them being one of England''s biggest cities and all that? We were in the premiership 4 years ago, where were they? Swings and roundabouts? Ups and downs? No?

but surely the point is that we''ve had our expectations raised precisely because of our highs over a sustained spell in the 80s/90s, and the promotion of a few years back. Bristol fans were probably resigned to their lot after so long in the wilderness (much like we were becoming until the Playoff final). After last season their expectations will now be raised, which might prove their undoing. Once the genie of hope''s out of the bottle it''s hard to put back in.

I agree though, we have no right to expect anything because once, for a while, we were half-decent. Plenty of other clubs can point to glorious distant histories. But I think where we should expect something is that we have great, loyal support. And I know gate receipts are only a fraction of income these days, but if the current board cannot make us at least competitive at Championship level then they should be making every effort to find successors who can. And without going over the old argument to death, I believe they blew a good opportunity to at least risk the chance with Cullum. Hopefully not for good.