Sign in to follow this  
dazza

maynard

would have been gud if we had the money to spend like BRISTOL CITY (who ? ) lol managed to stump up 2.25m who on his debut last nite scored a hat-trick vs antwerp i think it was and there not a bad team either...and they have trundle too who is gud..

we need  a gud tall striker and NOT howard !!  

First off 2.25m for a 21 year old who is unproven at Championship level is somewhat of a gamble

Second Good not GUD!

The board can''t win, can they?Spend £100k on an unknown quantity - get slated for lack of ambitionSpend £2m on an unknown quantity - get slated for spending recklessly

[quote user="The Duke"]

First off 2.25m for a 21 year old who is unproven at Championship level is somewhat of a gamble

Second Good not GUD!

[/quote]

Didn''t we spend £3m on Ashton, unproven at Premiership level.?

[quote user="dazza"]

would have been gud if we had the money to spend like BRISTOL CITY (who ? ) lol managed to stump up 2.25m who on his debut last nite scored a hat-trick vs antwerp i think it was and there not a bad team either...and they have trundle too who is gud..

we need  a gud tall striker and NOT howard !!  

[/quote]

already sed hat-trick bit lol

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="The Duke"]

Second Good not GUD!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ashton was a bit different in that a number of top , TOP premiership clubs were sniffing around him ...Arsenal & Liverpool but two of them

Maynard''s goals have been scored at League 1 level right ?

I still think he''ll prove to be the real deal if he''s scored a hatrick against Royal Antwerp. Many top strikers have stepped up from lower divisions.

Would have been a great signing but he is around the Ameobi price range ,with only a week left before the season starts i would have thought the penny would have dropped on most peoples heads by now WE DO NOT HAVE ANY MONEY there is no £2million striker on the way , when Delia was going on about lots of lovely investment she must have meant the few quid to bring the Fulham lads in .

Maynard will get 20 goals this season, no problems. Very well thought off, infact not too dislimilar to Ashton, they both had Prem clubs sniffing around, but noone wanted to take a chance, they have now and like us, Ican see them reaping the rewad.

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="The Duke"]

Second Good not GUD!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ashton was a bit different in that a number of top , TOP premiership clubs were sniffing around him ...Arsenal & Liverpool but two of them

Maynard''s goals have been scored at League 1 level right ?

I still think he''ll prove to be the real deal if he''s scored a hatrick against Royal Antwerp. Many top strikers have stepped up from lower divisions.

[/quote]

Sorry WOW, don''t agree.

Ashton was a gamble. Althought Prem clubs were looking none were sure enough to table a bid. The jump from Champinship to Prem is greater than that from Div 1 to Championship. There are plenty of clubs looking at Maynard, Bristol Ipswich etc but the price tag seems to be a tad too much. If Liverpool or Arsenal had really wanted Ashton , we wouldn''t have got him.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]There is nothing to say OJ won''t prove to be every bit as good for us as Maynard could have.
[/quote]

As it stands we are in no posistion to gamble on either OJ or on someone of Maynards unproven record at this level. Bristol are going to be a very big Team soon imo opinion and are setting out there stall and proving a point. As we are in no position to compete with ambitious teams like Brizzle we MUST get in a proven and experienced Striker until a time comes when we are in a position to take such risks.

I think some people seem to think i am slagging of the young lad, this is not true. He has got talent, but talent does not justify a 2.25m price tag on 15 league 1 goals in my opinion. remember Eastwood went to Coventry for around a million less that puts it into perspective a bit.