Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

John Kennedy in talks with PRESTON and NORWICH

Apparently they want a loan fee, and all the wages paid, which seems pretty ridiculous to me, I can''t see Roeder being too happy about that. He may have moved on from this one.

You say that, but that maybe the norm with loans.  We don''t know the siutation with Bertrand for instance.  Loan fees are now common place and most of the wages are paid if not all.

Guess we''ll see in the next few days, could be good... Roeder''s doing a

good job with the patter so far and I reckon if its a straight fight GR

will come out on top...[Y]

He is a very good defender by the way, MUCH better than Martin Taylor. The only reason we would be getting him is because he needs to build match fitness after coming back from injury. Would probably go back in January and slot back into Celtic''s defence. Still, need all the bodies we can get really.

Strange this - one of those rare articles that make the BBC web-site but yet hasn''t sparked any real debate on here at all (c.f. all the Amoebi shenanigans).  Is it because he hasn''t been spotted in Asda?  Or is it just that people are getting satifisfied with all the recent newbies?

Me, I think it is a bit of a risk to fork anything out on someone who might be another two gamer like Master Bates!  Still useful back up but we really need someone to help move Doc on!

I don''t think Preston will be much competition. This is the same Preston who have said that Jason Jarett might have a future at the club.

Mark Mcghee claims he definitiely wanted to to Motherwell on loan but they can''t afford Celtic''s requirements. If that''s so then Preston moght be more attractive to him as it''s closer to Glasgow. That also might say something about his motivation.

I hope this isn''t one of the 2 GR is expecting to sign in next week. 

[quote user="crafty canary"]

If that''s so then Preston moght be more attractive to him as it''s closer to Glasgow. That also might say something about his motivation.

[/quote]

I doubt that will be an issue. There are daily flights between Norwich and Glasgow, so it''s only an hour away by plane. Looks like a decent defender so I hope we can get in