Sign in to follow this  
I never eat a Pig cos a Pig is a Cop!

Lupoli - Season Long loan!

From Italian Press

Arturo Lupoli è ormai un giocatore del Norwich. Il club inglese sembra aver ormai accettato la soluzione del prestito secco ed in queste ore si stanno ultimando le pratiche burocratiche. E’ probabile che presto arrivi anche l’annuncio ufficiale da parte della società.

Which basically says:

Norwich are taking a gamble on Arturo Lupoli.  The English club seems to have now accepted the solution of the loan and in these hours are now finishing the deal.  Its likely that he will arrive at Norwich soon, also official announcement to be made soon.

And to think some on here doubted Roeder''s ability to bring in the kind of quality player we need to push on..."I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]And to think some on here doubted Roeder''s ability to bring in the kind of quality player we need to push on...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
[/quote]

Err? hasn''t this guy failed big time in Italy?[:S]

He''s done very well in English football in the past. Even though he''s Italian, maybe he doesn''t like the Italian style of play, and prefers the more physical and fast tempo play of the Championship.

[quote user="SnakepitTopWizard"]He''s done very well in English football in the past. Even though he''s Italian, maybe he doesn''t like the Italian style of play, and prefers the more physical and fast tempo play of the Championship.[/quote]

Here''s his stats:

Senior clubs1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2005–2007
2006–2007
2007–
Arsenal
→ Derby County (loan)
Fiorentina
→ Treviso (loan)
001 0(0)
034 0(7)
000 0(0)
016 0(0) 

Simply not good enough!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Err? hasn''t this guy failed big time in Italy?[:S]

[/quote]

One of last season''s players had struggled for a number of years before

finally finding his feet again, leading to his transfer here.  In

a 3 year period he only notched about 17 goals playing for lower league

and poor quality overseas teams. He always had the quality and had had

some great seasons, but had hit a run of poor form and luck and was

struggling.  A loan move to another club reignited his career

(arguably briefly) before he came here.

That player''s name is..... Jamie Cureton.

My point (for there will undoubtedly be those who miss it) is that I

don''t think you can really judge this one based on his exploits, or

lack of them, in Italy.  Wenger rated him extremely highly, which

is presumably how his friend Roeder has come to chase him.  He''s

had a few more years to develop since his time at Derby and Roeder is a

very good youth coach.  Plus its a loan so its relatively

"risk-free".  It''ll be very interesting and hopefully exciting to

see what he can do.

[quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"]According to the EDP today...what a tremendous signing if it does take place![/quote]

Its not on the website?

[quote user="SnakepitTopWizard"]He''s done very well in English football in the past. Even though he''s Italian, maybe he doesn''t like the Italian style of play, and prefers the more physical and fast tempo play of the Championship.[/quote]

Here''s his stats:

Senior clubs1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2005–2007
2006–2007
2007–
Arsenal
→ Derby County (loan)
Fiorentina
→ Treviso (loan)
001 0(0)
034 0(7)
000 0(0)
016 0(0) 

Simply not good enough!

[/quote]

He is still very young and Derby County played him on the wing a fair bit.  I agree though that his stint in Italy hasn''t set the world alight and hardly inspires confidence.  But I trust Glen Roeder and this kid has been highly rated in the.  And although it isnt relevant, this kid was a legend on FM07!!

Here''s his stats:

Senior clubs1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2005–2007
2006–2007
2007–
Arsenal
→ Derby County (loan)
Fiorentina
→ Treviso (loan)
001 0(0)
034 0(7)
000 0(0)
016 0(0) 

Simply not good enough!

[/quote]

that''s not bad for somebody who played left wing for long periods at derby, they got promoted and fans rave about him, yet he''s not good enough! [:)]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"]According to the EDP today...what a tremendous signing if it does take place![/quote]

Its not on the website?

[/quote]

Just about to post the same, no story about Lupoli! If he did sign i dont think it will be for his goals, it''s because of his link up play, and lets face it we need help up front.

He''s not an out-and-out striker though is he?

Also, failing to score in Serie A or B hardly means that he definitely won''t score in the Championship. Surely this wouldn''t be yet another example of Wiz pooh-poohing a player before he''s seen him play would it? [:|]

[quote user="canaryjock"]

Also, failing to score in Serie A or B hardly means that he definitely won''t score in the Championship. Surely this wouldn''t be yet another example of Wiz pooh-poohing a player before he''s seen him play would it? [:|]

[/quote]

So are you saying we just dismiss his stats and sign him anyway? I have never actually seen the lad play so stats for me are all Ive got to go off and I''m not convinced. A seasons loan with an option to sign would be the best option with this one.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

So are you saying we just dismiss his

stats and sign him anyway? I have never actually seen the lad play so

stats for me are all Ive got to go off and I''m not convinced. A

seasons loan with an option to sign would be the best option with

this one.

[/quote]

I would think that Roeder has seen him play and isn''t just going off his record on Wikipedia.....

And the loan option seems to be the one Roeder is taking anyway, so [Y]

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

No, this is more a case of Wiz using his logic, forgetting his abysmal stats for a mo, he''s also on the small side too.

Evil Monkey:

Cureton scored 14  last season, against Lupoli''s big fat zero, in fact Jamie scores every season, so your rather silly point is?.

Evil Monkey:

Cureton scored 14  last season, against Lupoli''s big fat zero,

in fact Jamie scores every season, so your rather silly point is?.

[/quote]

Has anyone got that facepalm picture of Picard, cos I think it applies here...

My point was that I''m sure Colchester fans weren''t overly excited when

the big JC came on loan to them with a scoring record over a 3 year

period of 17 goals in 94 games for 3 seperate clubs, one of them in a

mickey mouse league.  Lupoli only actually played 16 games in

total last year, by the way...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

So are you saying we just dismiss his stats and sign him anyway? I have never actually seen the lad play so stats for me are all Ive got to go off and I''m not convinced. A seasons loan with an option to sign would be the best option with this one.

[/quote]

I would think that Roeder has seen him play and isn''t just going off his record on Wikipedia.....

[/quote]

Didnt Roeder place a bid to buy rather than loan or did I dream that? [^o)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

No, this is more a case of Wiz using his logic, forgetting his abysmal stats for a mo, he''s also on the small side too.

Evil Monkey:

Cureton scored 14  last season, against Lupoli''s big fat zero, in fact Jamie scores every season, so your rather silly point is?.

[/quote]

Ask QPR fans what they think of Curo - his 6 goals in 43 games is the stuff of folklore round those parts.

Also, weren''t you the guy championing that chump Clive Platt a couple of weeks back?

Lupoli will be a great signing.

[/quote]

Evil Monkey:

[/quote]

Ask QPR fans what they think of Curo - his 6 goals in 43 games is the stuff of folklore round those parts.

Also, weren''t you the guy championing that chump Clive Platt a couple of weeks back?

[/quote]

Evil Monkey:

[/quote]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didnt Roeder place a bid to buy rather than loan or did I dream that? [^o)]

[/quote]

You weren''t dreaming, initial reports said that we were very keen to buy but his club insisted on a loan.

Wiz, surely the point is that he is an exciting, quality player who plays good, skillfull football? Wouldn''t you rather watch that than a team of Stoke type cloggers & lumpers, or is (short term) success all important?Growing up in North London, I used to support Arsenal (1960s). In the end I couldn''t take it any more.Roeder''s looking - whenever possible - to bring in a whole different class of player to the more recent incumbents.In the long term this can only be a good thing & will inevitably bring success.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Has anyone got that facepalm picture of Picard, cos I think it applies here...

[/quote][IMG]http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x259/alastair_hm/facepalmbq8dj7.jpg[/IMG]

Here''s his stats:

Senior clubs1
YearsClubApp (Gls)*
2005–20072006–20072007–2008Arsenal→ Derby County (loan)Fiorentina→ Treviso (loan)001 0(0)034 0(7)000 0(0)016 0(0) 

Simply not good enough!

[/quote]Very harsh wizz (but not surprising for you) he is only 21 and those figures don''t paint a full picture for his career, he did score 2 goals for Arsenal in the Carling Cup against Everton and was also very successful in their reserve team scoing 27 goals in 32 apps. He also won the Carling Cup New Talent Award. His first full season for a first team was with Derby County where he had what appears to be a good season but what you fail to mention is how many of those 34 apps for Derby Count were actually as a sub, I''ve only seen rough figures but apparently only half of those apps were as starting. Check youtube as well, he''s got a couple of tribute videos, hardly something you''d get if you were a bad player for that club. Lupoli has also been successful throughout his international career making apperances and goals through U16 - U21.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uh8co-CJfkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_2xaqyGJ9Mhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvV4Ca71PnA&NR=1He looks a quality player in my opinion and will be glad for him to come here if he does.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Er?............... NO!

Evil M:

''''Lupoli only played 16 games last season''''................Exactly!.[:|]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="canaryjock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think that anyone is dismissing his stats; just that I would rather trust Glenn Roeder (and scouts who have seen him play) than 1st Wizard when it comes to assessing his ability. Seems eminently sensible in my opinion.

[/quote]

Er?............... NO!

Evil M:

[/quote]

What''s this then?

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1284070/ShowPost.aspx

You quite literally make it up as you go along! [:D] 

[/quote]

Er?............... NO!

Evil M:

[/quote]He only played 16 games but considering he has competition for his place

10 Flag of Romania FW Adrian Mutu
11 Flag of Italy FW Alberto Gilardino
I really dont see much shame in that.I also find it staggering that you''d endorse signing Clive Platt but not an Italy Under 21 player who has learnt his trade at Arsenal and played a major role in Derby climbing out of this league 2 years ago.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

to be fair Mutu and Gilardino didnt play for Treviso last season [:D]

Er?............... NO!

Evil M:

[/quote]

He only played 16 games but considering he has competition for his place

10Flag of RomaniaFWAdrian Mutu
11Flag of ItalyFWAlberto Gilardino

I really dont see much shame in that.

I also find it staggering that you''d endorse signing Clive Platt but not an Italy Under 21 player who has learnt his trade at Arsenal and played a major role in Derby climbing out of this league 2 years ago.

[/quote]