Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Kevin Lisbie set to join the scum

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="SuperWes"]

http://www.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/v2.showNews.php?id=12047

At least were not spending 600k on that piece of crap!

I will just keep the positivity coming......

[/quote]

that''s a charming way of putting it.

[/quote]

Well its not really the norm to talk about Ipswich in a respectful way is it? and if Lisbie becomes a binner, then it is my right to treat him in utter contempt.

Well their sugar daddy is splashing the cash on high priced exciting signings isn''t he? See...Billionaires are over rated!!

Good signing for them, would be happy to see him at Norwich.

I remember when we played Colchester last season, even though we won comfortably, Shacks and the Doc were sh*tting themselves because of his pace.

I remember him playing for us and being a waste of space.

How many signings for Ipo this summer?

The binners don''t need to make as many signings as us - if you remember they finished one point off the playoffs last year and, sadly, unlike us actually have a reasonably sized squad.

So much as I''d like to take comfort in their predicament, I know that at the moment they''re, rightly, laughing at us.

[quote user="GJP"]

I remember when we played Colchester last season, even though we won comfortably, Shacks and the Doc were sh*tting themselves because of his pace.

[/quote]

The guy was awful when he was here on loan though, definately not worth £600k if that is what they paid

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

The guy was awful when he was here on loan though, definately not worth £600k if that is what they paid

[/quote]

£600k will be a bargain if he sticks away 15-20 league goals (or more).

He would be an improvement on anything we''ve got, which isn''t much.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

The guy was awful when he was here on loan though, definitely not worth £600k if that is what they paid

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed if he scores that many, but his career history and the evidence of my own eyes both live and on TV suggests to me that he will be lucky to get 10.  He is no better than Cureton and offers nothing different.

You are right we haven''t got much in the squad (and I get more worried about that every day), but rushing out to pay over the odds for any old rubbish just because they are available doesn''t seem sensible to me.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=9744

Club From To Fee League FA Cup League cup Other
Colchester 03-08-2007   Free  39 (3) 17 1 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Derby 22-02-2006 01-05-2006 Loan  7 (0) 1 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Norwich 09-09-2005 09-10-2005 Loan  4 (2) 1 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
QPR 01-12-2000 01-01-2001 Loan  1 (1) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Reading 26-11-1999 26-12-1999 Loan  1 (1) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Gillingham 05-03-1999 14-04-1999 Loan  4 (3) 4 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Charlton 01-08-1995 03-08-2007 Trainee  62 (93) 16 2 (6) 0 4 (9) 3 0 (0) 0
Totals£ 0118 (103)393 (6)04 (9)30 (0)0
goals / game

n/a
AppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoals

I think 17 goals for a struggling team is not a bad return, I actually thought he did well in the 4 full games and 2 sub appearences considering the mess we were in at the time.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

The guy was awful when he was here on loan though, definitely not worth £600k if that is what they paid

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed if he scores that many, but his career history and the evidence of my own eyes both live and on TV suggests to me that he will be lucky to get 10.  He is no better than Cureton and offers nothing different.

You are right we haven''t got much in the squad (and I get more worried about that every day), but rushing out to pay over the odds for any old rubbish just because they are available doesn''t seem sensible to me.

[/quote]

Well he does offer something that Cureton doesn''t...pace. Cureton doesn''t worry defenders at all, Lisbie does.

I''d be surprised if Lisbie doesn''t do well for them.

[quote user="chicken"]
I think 17 goals for a struggling team is not a bad return, I actually thought he did well in the 4 full games and 2 sub appearences considering the mess we were in at the time.
[/quote]

Fair play, I had not realised he scored as many as that last season to be honest - but that year apart his record is not spectacular.  The 12 years at Charlton were not exaclty prolific.

I wouldnt say he is the worst player I have ever seen (and we have loaned some real dross in our time compared to him I accept) but I would question whether he is worth that sort of money.

I think he was quite good for us, quick, intelligent but when he got a chance to shoot he froze in the headlights.

He appears to have polished up on his shooting ability now and could be a good acquisition.

i really think he could do well there. I think with his gained confidence from his time at colchester, he could really be a hit there. I would be happy if norwich signed him. Scoring 17 for a very poor colchester side last year is an astounding return.

Late development:

Colchester owner Robbie Cowling  personally intervenes and offers "revised contract" to Mr Lisbie. 

What a cliffhanger. 

http://www.cu-fc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/0,,10424~1345400,00.html

Meanwhile the player that many see as Kev''s replacement (another Jamie) Forrester banged in a hat trick away to non league Tiptree United.

Man of the match? Kev''s agent, what a star!

Colchester seem to do well with strikers, they buy them cheap and sell them for a nice profit. I don''t think he will do as poor as everybody thinks. He scored a few last year and will be in a better team, I remember when he was at Charlton, he was destined for for the big time, scored a hatrick against Liverpool.

I hope he is a complete donkey and keeps running into fat Alan Lee''s arse and then Norris eats them all. Random, I know.