Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

*** amazing strike star on way to canaries? ***

Don''t you just hate the ''fansfc'' and ''clubcall'' pages on teletext that list a clubs name and next to it have the an ''over-the-top'' head line?

For example: CHESTER CITY - ''AMAZING SUPER SCORING SENSATION ON WAY?''

Do people actually phone these lines and see what they have to say?  I mean it''s like £1.50 a minute and it ''may involve a long call'' and i would hazzard a guess at aying that when you phone up that ''amazing, incredible, terrific, marvelous striker'' is actually soem unknown quantity from the unibond league!

How many people have been sucked in by such a head line, not including this post!  he he!

I just think it''s a total waste of time and money!

I used to always call them bloody lines before i knew better, it was just a long drawn out load of guff!! It would take at least 4 mins before the over-excited recorded message tit got down to any ACTUAL gossip.

But the headlines alsways got me, so they do what they intend!!

I know what you mean. At first I was like Wow.. (I didn''t realise it wasn''t just a news bulletin) and then I realised it said Clubcall £1.50 a minute or whatever, then it was pretty obvious.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]

I used to always call them bloody lines before i knew better, it was just a long drawn out load of guff!! It would take at least 4 mins before the over-excited recorded message tit got down to any ACTUAL gossip.

But the headlines alsways got me, so they do what they intend!!

[/quote]There''s one born every minute. [:D]

Its the same bloke who does all of them-and done on the cheap, in his living room by the sound of things, as you can sometimes hear traffic going past, people talking in the background and some domestic noises as well!

I counted them up last year (these are the ones on p.569 ITV), according to all the headlines and speculation between June 1st and the start of the season, we''d signed 63 new players according to them!

When we were in the running for that chap at Linfield, bearing in mind he played in the last few minutes of their Champions League qualifying tie, I wondered if Clubcall -or anyone else, even Archant!-would, had we have signed him given us the headline:

"Canaries sign Champions League Star" -?

Bet some media outlet in Stockport did!

Dogger Slipraid wrote:

I used to always call them bloody lines before i knew better, it was just a long drawn out load of guff!

You must be an ignorant American.  :)

I rang it once, waded through loads of old news and then linked us with a first team player at Juventus. Load of complete crap!

I was going to start a thread about this, the Norwich one is always a laugh, i think its Star Striker today!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Dogger Slipraid wrote:

I used to always call them bloody lines before i knew better, it was just a long drawn out load of guff!

You must be an ignorant American.  :)[/quote]

[:)]