Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Unable to compete with Stockport of League 1, Great.

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Outbid by bloomin Stockport, it does not get much sadder![/quote]

Just out of curiousity, can you read?

[/quote]

Yes thanks can you? Its written in the evening news. Our bid was "unacceptable". So if Roeder doesnt rate him why did he make a bid in the 1st place?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Outbid by bloomin Stockport, it does not get much sadder![/quote]

[/quote]

Yes thanks can you? Its written in the evening news. Our bid was "unacceptable". So if Roeder doesnt rate him why did he make a bid in the 1st place?

[/quote]

I can''t even be bothered to answer that, re-read the whole thread before posting, good luck.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And on top of that the lad did not take Worthy''s advice.

Although, of course, since City didn''t bid enough he really didn''t have much choice.

OTBC

[/quote]

On other groups, dear chap, you''d be called a troll.  So I am going to be the first to come out with it here and say you ARE a troll.

[/quote]

Trolls have fun - except in Essex. It''s full of Sharons.

OTBC

[/quote]

"I''m a troll fol-de-roll....and I''ll eat you for my supper"........

Remember that one from infants school BlyBly? (before political correctness banned it for being species-ist against mythical creatures)...

Troll my arse....Bly''s about the only sane one on here......

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t even be bothered to answer that, re-read the whole thread before posting, good luck.

[/quote]

Read the paper before your next post. Good luck.

Ah, clucky wucky''s legendary Sanity-O-Meter:

1 - Agrees with everything I say. Perfectly sane.

10 - Disagrees with me.  Insane and deserves locking up (along with dem furriners)

Quality...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, try this logic, I enter a cake shop with £100 and see a small slice of cake, I want to pay 50p for it because that is all it is worth (in my calculated opinion). Then as I make an offer for the cake and a tramp walks in, now this tramp (who you would expect to be poorer than me) eyeballs the cake and fancies a munch, well he has 60p in his pocket, in fact that is his total wealth. But, the tramp believes the cake is worth 60p, so he offers 60p and the cake is his.

Now, was I right to not outbid the tramp? I had 100 earth pounds in my pocket by I deemed the cake to be poor value or I didn''t think it was worth the money. I am hardly likely to go home in tears because a tramp outbid me am I? he had a different valuation, simple as that. Does that make sense now?

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Troll my arse....Bly''s the only sane one on here......

[/quote]At least Cluck agrees with me on his sanity.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, try this logic, I enter a cake shop with £100 and see a small slice of cake, I want to pay 50p for it because that is all it is worth (in my calculated opinion). Then as I make an offer for the cake and a tramp walks in, now this tramp (who you would expect to be poorer than me) eyeballs the cake and fancies a munch, well he has 60p in his pocket, in fact that is his total wealth. But, the tramp believes the cake is worth 60p, so he offers 60p and the cake is his.

Now, was I right to not outbid the tramp? I had 100 earth pounds in my pocket by I deemed the cake to be poor value or I didn''t think it was worth the money. I am hardly likely to go home in tears because a tramp outbid me am I? he had a different valuation, simple as that. Does that make sense now?

[/quote]

What a crock of crap. Stockport value him at a mighty £100,000, we dont, so if we rate him less than that we cant rate him that highly. Is that easier for you? End of the day you either rate him or you dont.

[quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]

Its hard to compete with your wit...or at least half of it anyway.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]Oh and if its of poor value you woudlnt even bother in the 1st place.[/quote]

your logic is something else! I will bear what you say in mind and expect us to bid (and of course out-bid) every player that Stockport eye-up from now on.

I actually thought you might understand my cake analogy! asking a bit much maybe, Try Seasame street.

He hasn''t officially signed for them yet! Even if he definitely does, there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that he''s going to score loads of goals for them next season is there? Why can''t more people take into account that the Irish leagues are of generally a very poor quality?

IF he goes there (there is nothing on Stockport''s official site yet), irrespective of how much we''ve apparently offered for him, it could also be that he is not ambitious enough as a player to want to try his luck with a Championship side as opposed to a League One side.

Someone said "he signed for Stockport" - they were wrong.Arthur said "Stockport outbid us" - he was right.Two different things.Arthurs exasperation, while *hopefully* unfounded, is still a fact - they''ve outbid us - we need to re-bid.So will you all stop arguing at cross purposes and get back to slagging down the original, wrong, poster... thanks! :D

[quote user="ob1"]Someone said "he signed for Stockport" - they were wrong.

Arthur said "Stockport outbid us" - he was right.

Two different things.

Arthurs exasperation, while *hopefully* unfounded, is still a fact - they''ve outbid us - we need to re-bid.

So will you all stop arguing at cross purposes and get back to slagging down the original, wrong, poster... thanks! :D
[/quote]

NO, they have outbid us (maybe), we do not therefore have to outbid them.

If he is so good why is the valuation so low?  There are clearly question marks about him (otherwise other champs and the richer league 1 clubs would also bein for him at that price)  and if GR feels he is not worth a 6 figure sum I am quite happy for him not to rebid.  Stockport have bid more - let them get on with it.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

If he is so good why is the valuation so low?  There are clearly question marks about him (otherwise other champs and the richer league 1 clubs would also bein for him at that price)  and if GR feels he is not worth a 6 figure sum I am quite happy for him not to rebid.  Stockport have bid more - let them get on with it.  

[/quote]

Then, why bid for the lad in the first place?

What''s the difference between 50k and 125k in the football world, Zipper? Zilch really if its a player you fancy.

I''m afraid that Roeder/Doncaster are prone to shoot themselves in the foot viz. Martin Taylor.

Or is it that City are down to List Q?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

What''s the difference between 50k and 125k in the football world, Zipper? Zilch really if its a player you fancy.

I''m afraid that Roeder/Doncaster are prone to shoot themselves in the foot viz. Martin Taylor.

OTBC

[/quote]

At last some common sense! Marty take note!

You bunch really are stupid, aren''t you? I usually hold my tongue, but

on this instance I really do have to tell you that you are idiots, with

barely a braincell between you all.  Who needs to base an opinion

on facts and evidence, as long as your cronies agree with you everyone

else is wrong.  Morons...

MotherClucker, ArfWit, ByeByeBrains - the original founders of the Pinkun Spanner Gang!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

At last some common sense! Marty take note!

[/quote]

Yeah, Marty, pay attention and you might learn something, lol! [:D] 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You bunch really are stupid, aren''t you? I usually hold my tongue, but on this instance I really do have to tell you that you are idiots, with barely a braincell between you all.  Who needs to base an opinion on facts and evidence, as long as your cronies agree with you everyone else is wrong.  Morons...

MotherClucker, ArfWit, ByeByeBrains - the original founders of the Pinkun Spanner Gang!
[/quote]

Arfwit? mmmm very original. Student or ex student by any chance?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You bunch

really are stupid, aren''t you? I usually hold my tongue, but on this

instance I really do have to tell you that you are idiots, with barely

a braincell between you all.  Who needs to base an opinion on

facts and evidence, as long as your cronies agree with you everyone

else is wrong.  Morons...MotherClucker, ArfWit, ByeByeBrains - the original founders of the Pinkun Spanner Gang![/quote]

[/quote]

You''re the one with all the intelligence and charm, you tell me...

Never claimed ArfWit to be original, but I do take credit for the

Spanner Gang title... for that is what you all are - a bunch of useless

Spanners![:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You bunch really are stupid, aren''t you? I usually hold my tongue, but on this instance I really do have to tell you that you are idiots, with barely a braincell between you all.  Who needs to base an opinion on facts and evidence, as long as your cronies agree with you everyone else is wrong.  Morons...

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re the one with all the intelligence and charm, you tell me...

Never claimed ArfWit to be original, but I do take credit for the Spanner Gang title... for that is what you all are - a bunch of useless Spanners![:D]
[/quote]

Well at a guess with your self importence, sarcastic, niave, pompus and slightly arrogant way I would say you were or are at some stage a stereotype student. No offence to students.

[/quote]

LOL!! [:D][:D]  EM''s finally lost it!!

Like talking to a brick wall sometimes isn''t it.

[/quote]

You''re only jealous because you''re not one of my "special friends" monkeyboy....and carry on like that you never will be!