Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

When will some of you lot learn

Come on you lot, you claim you care about, and love the club then get your heads out of the sand.

It is time to stand up and be counted, to see the board for what it is, a big fat joke.

This is not the first or will not be the last time that this board has turned away an offer for substantial investment in this club.

We do not know the ins and outs of the offer that Peter Cullum put forward, but unless it made certain people very very rich it would have been knocked back with no concerns as to what it does for the future of Norwich City.

Get of your butts and fight for your club, get the board out now.

Starting at the first game of the season lets make this lot know in no uncertain terms what we think of them

[quote user="Be Smart"]

Come on you lot, you claim you care about, and love the club then get your heads out of the sand.

It is time to stand up and be counted, to see the board for what it is, a big fat joke.

This is not the first or will not be the last time that this board has turned away an offer for substantial investment in this club.

We do not know the ins and outs of the offer that Peter Cullum put forward, but unless it made certain people very very rich it would have been knocked back with no concerns as to what it does for the future of Norwich City.

Starting at the first game of the season lets make this lot know in no uncertain terms what we think of them[/quote]I would be grateful if you could give us all details of these "other offers" that have been turned down and also as you were obviously at yesterdays meeting, who exactly was trying to "get very very rich"?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Be Smart"]

Starting at the first game of the season lets make this lot know in no uncertain terms what we think of them[/quote]I would be grateful if you could give us all details of these "other offers" that have been turned down and also as you were obviously at yesterdays meeting, who exactly was trying to "get very very rich"?

[/quote]

Well I would have thought that after the AGM she stated that if she got back what she had put in to the club and money for players she would go that figure being £12 m and £8 m to buy players. The figured then went up to £56 m for her to walk.

As for other investment, I would be on very sticky ground if I named names etc and I am not going to do that, but big, big offers have been made and thrown out.

Its not about Norwich City FC its about Delia

Be Smart,

As Lappin has said could you let "us lot" have more details so that we could make a more informed judgement.

I don''t understand high finance much but it would seem that the offer by Peter Callum as it stood was not technically legal. So if he refused to budge from that position then it was a " no no " from the start surely.

So did he modify his offer or what ?  Please enlighten us lot !

From the publically available information from Peter Cullum he wanted to put £20m in for players without buying out any of the existing shareholders and ghet a 2/3 share of the club in exchange.

This would have involved a lengthy process whereby the existing shareholders would have to agree to the issue of  1m new shares at £20 each - ie devalue everyone who purchased shares in the club after the ITV digital debacle and in the offer to raise funds for players shareholding by 20% of the purchase price.

Whilst I did not expect a return on my investment in the club at that time I certainly did not expect that i would be asked to effectively donate this proportion of my hard earned cash to a billionaire businessman who wants a new toy.

As is stated in the JOINT statement there is no legal basis on which this can happen (and Peter Cullum being the pac-man of acquisitions should have the people who can bend the rules to breaking point) then it is actually the board who have been vindicated here - Peter Cullum''s offer was speculative in the extreme and not worth the spin that Archant gave it.

Archant had the opportunity to act as an honest broker between PC and the board and get the full story of the offer and the reasons why it was doomed to fail from day one but chose to sell papers and villify the board.

Still it keeps the whinging doom-mongers here happy. The title of this piece is very apt "When will you lot learn thatn Archant''s prime aim is to sell nerwspapers and not run a football club?" there are never more than about 10 people viewing this site when I log on so it is hardly representative is it! Even the famous EDP Poll with 90% (since reduced to 86%) wanting change destite an amiguously worded question only had just under 2300 votes - under 10% of the Season ticket community?

[quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Be Smart"]

Starting at the first game of the season lets make this lot know in no uncertain terms what we think of them[/quote]I would be grateful if you could give us all details of these "other offers" that have been turned down and also as you were obviously at yesterdays meeting, who exactly was trying to "get very very rich"?[/quote]Well I would have thought that after the AGM she stated that if she got back what she had put in to the club and money for players she would go that figure being £12 m and £8 m to buy players. The figured then went up to £56 m for her to walk.

As for other investment, I would be on very sticky ground if I named names etc and I am not going to do that, but big, big offers have been made and thrown out.

Its not about Norwich City FC its about Delia[/quote]If you are not prepared to ''name names'' then surely you shouldn''t be making accusations that you are not prepared to back up!

The £56m figure quoted included Cullums £20m for players and by his own admission was ''fair''.

Oops that will teach me to review before posting - hurrying through the last paragraph - repeated in English for the pedants...

Still it keeps the whinging doom-mongers here happy. The title of this piece is very apt "When will you lot learn that Archant''s prime aim is to sell newspapers and not run a football club?" There are never more than about 10 people viewing this site whenever I log on so it is hardly representative is it! Even the famous EDP Poll with 90% (since reduced to 86%) wanting change despite an ambiguously worded question only had just under 2300 votes - under 10% of the Season Ticket community?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Be Smart"]

Starting at the first game of the season lets make this lot know in no uncertain terms what we think of them[/quote]I would be grateful if you could give us all details of these "other offers" that have been turned down and also as you were obviously at yesterdays meeting, who exactly was trying to "get very very rich"?[/quote]Well I would have thought that after the AGM she stated that if she got back what she had put in to the club and money for players she would go that figure being £12 m and £8 m to buy players. The figured then went up to £56 m for her to walk.

Its not about Norwich City FC its about Delia[/quote]If you are not prepared to ''name names'' then surely you shouldn''t be making accusations that you are not prepared to back up!

The £56m figure quoted included Cullums £20m for players and by his own admission was ''fair''.

[/quote]

Naming names is absoloute bull and you know it, we are not having a cosy chat in the pub, we are on an open forum that anyone can view. It doesn''t matter who or where the offer of finance comes from (in the context of this conversation), it is the fact that the club claims to have explored all avenues and come up with nothing that simply is not true.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Be Smart,

As Lappin has said could you let "us lot" have more details so that we could make a more informed judgement.

I don''t understand high finance much but it would seem that the offer by Peter Callum as it stood was not technically legal. So if he refused to budge from that position then it was a " no no " from the start surely.

[/quote]

Jim, Peter Cullum is a very, very rich man who has a team of legal eagles around him 90% of the time. I very much doubt that he is not able to come up with a way around any legal issues.

Trust me on this one the problem legal or otherwise would come from NCFC and unrealistic demands and difficult clauses

[quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Be Smart,

[/quote]

Jim, Peter Cullum is a very, very rich man who has a team of legal eagles around him 90% of the time. I very much doubt that he is not able to come up with a way around any legal issues.

Trust me on this one the problem legal or otherwise would come from NCFC and unrealistic demands and difficult clauses

[/quote]

So his "team of legal eagles" could not get the better of a TV Chef? Well if that''s the case perhaps we are better off without "his man" on the Board.

You can only buy what someone wants to sell.

Pressure or not DS does not appear to want to sell.

Money is not a problem as DS has plenty enough for a nice life, so what could PC offer her.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Money is not a problem as DS has plenty enough for a nice life, so what could PC offer her.

[/quote]

Thats my point, she lied about anyone stupid enough and willing to invest could have the club and thats not true

The Club needs to come out and spill the beans today, we must know all the facts. By keeping up this wall of secrecy they are slowly but surely turning everyone against them.

[quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="The Butler"]

Money is not a problem as DS has plenty enough for a nice life, so what could PC offer her.[/quote]

Thats my point, she lied about anyone stupid enough and willing to invest could have the club and that''s not true[/quote]You just don''t get it do you BS, nowhere has she said she would give her shares away and that''s what Cullum was asking her to do !

This is all rather sad - it seems some are insistent on wanting others to think they know what they are talking about but it all boils down to them not having any more of an idea than the rest of us. 

The whole point in all this is that it seems (by his own admission) that Cullum wanted to invest £20m and get a controlling share of the club.  To anyone with any brain, this is a pile of horse manure.  For me, something never stacked up in all this, and imo a lot of people just got their heads turned by the EDP story from last week and can''t see anything more than the promised transfer fund (and will now be rabid in their moaning about the board)....as precisely was the idea, Cullum certainly seems to know how to play the game of getting people onside using the media.

I''m certainly not against Cullum or anything like that, and would have loved for the club to have come to some arrangement, but IMO something was not right about this from the very start.

Agree Branston - the vast majority of us do not know and will never know the full ''in''s and out''s'' of the offer or the conversation yesterday.

However I really feel Delia & MWJ have created a very big rod for their own backs now. They have failed to come to a deal with one of the top50 richest people in the UK and a person that met all the other stupid criteria they have mentioned in the past...Success in football 99 times out of 100 is down to money - who are NCFC more likely to have success under Delia Smith with her £20m or Peter Cullum with £1.7bn ?? - sorry regardless of the rights or wrongs, type of deal on the table etc - for me there is only one answer to that question.

Unfortunately it is very clear that regardless of what she says Delia likes her toy and doesn''t want to let any one else play with it - regardless of the potential for success for the team and us fans in the future. She has control and she wants to keep it - some of us with longer memories will remember that when she first came onto the board she made a catagoric statement that no-one would ever have a majority shareholding of NCFC again - but surprise surprise she has one and she is now not prepared to let it go.

I appreciate it isn''t as black and white as that as it all about disposable cash, offer on the table etc, and if Cullum really loved the club surely he would invest some money without a controlling stake....?? - but some deal should have been done

If we don''t get news of other "significant" investment over the next few weeks, and see some really good and exciting signings over the next month and have a good start the atmosphere against the board will be very hostile and rightly so in my opinion. Whether it is right or wrong expectations have been raised and people will want these met. We have one of the best supports in the division we deserve more success than our current board are really willing to try and get for us.

From what I heard...i believe Callum increased his bid to 45m and an a verbal agreement to renegotiate the rest with the current loanies, but the board still had objections to that, only wanting the 56m. They were not prepared to budge an inch. I pity them this season cause if she shows her face at Carrow Road..i''ll throw the first egg!!

Well it seems to me after reading all the opinions of the "knowledgeable ones" that Callum has achieved what he set out to do !

As I''ve said before I know nothing of high finance, but I have been in industry all my life with large companies and their main tactic in all negotiations was to split the opposition, DIVIDE and DEFEAT that''s Callum''s gambit.

He has submitted a proposition that has been viewed in different ways. Some such as "be smart" in this instance see only the £££££s and  another rod to beat Delia with, whilst others such as Lappin, sxcanaree and branston are prepared to recognise the pitfalls of the deal and are not totally in favour.

The deal was introduced into public domain by Callum via the local press, he went into a meeting knowing it would fail if he was intransigent then toddled off, the hook baited, the line cast and two now polarised groups at each others throats.

I believe we should act as one, look after the bird in the hand not the one in the bush, otherwise we are in danger of losing BOTH.

This thread is only for those who like to scratch their head and mutter/grumble about things changing the status quo - it is a thread for the ''We''re dead certs for relegation, but with the smaller crowds I''ll be able to spread my blanket out a bit further and enjoy my biccies without all that noise''. Brigade - the Head in the Sanders! 

[quote user="Steelsilver"]From what I heard...i believe Callum increased his bid to 45m and an a verbal agreement to renegotiate the rest with the current loanies, but the board still had objections to that, only wanting the 56m. They were not prepared to budge an inch. I pity them this season cause if she shows her face at Carrow Road..i''ll throw the first egg!![/quote]Isnt this a somewhat of a curve ballThe information here is different from that being generally bandied aboutIf true it puts the game into another ball park  This is saying that PC wants to take full control of the club and maybe with a consortium but wont meet the price.  Thats round 1 and more to go if right cos nobody offers and nobody sells on first offerIf not true then its very malicious and would have a very negative effect on all to do with the club especially fans and players

[quote user="Steelsilver"]From what I heard...i believe Callum increased his bid to 45m and an a verbal agreement to renegotiate the rest with the current loanies, but the board still had objections to that, only wanting the 56m. They were not prepared to budge an inch. I pity them this season cause if she shows her face at Carrow Road..i''ll throw the first egg!![/quote]

Where did you here that one then ? ? ? ?

...perhaps it was made up?  It seems most of the other stuff on these boards is.  I mean, first there was to be no meeting, then it was not for a while, then it was today, then it was next week.  It turns out it was yesterday.  How is it that no one knew it was happening but they now know precisely what was discussed?

[quote user="Steelsilver"]From what I heard...i believe Callum increased his bid to 45m and an a verbal agreement to renegotiate the rest with the current loanies, but the board still had objections to that, only wanting the 56m. They were not prepared to budge an inch. I pity them this season cause if she shows her face at Carrow Road..i''ll throw the first egg!![/quote]

Which wizard''s postman''s wife''s gimp did you hear that from then?

I genuinely believe if that was anything like what was on offer, the deal would have happened.