Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Quote me happy

Quote number 1 -

"The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad."

Quote number 2 - Taken from the Daily Mirror re the last AGM -

But when the board was criticised at this week''s AGM, she astonished the crowd by snapping back: "Anyone who can find idiots like us to put money in and get nothing back can have this club tomorrow."

Feel free to add your comments, for or against. 

Can Delia save face if an offer from Cullum is not accepted?

"Anyone who can find idiots like us to put money in and get nothing back can have this club tomorrow."That has echoed around my head numerous times. Especially it was AFTER Cullum made contact

To add the Mirror article also goes on to state -

And after supporter Keith Roads claimed the Canaries'' board was giving out "lots more spin" Delia, 66, fumed: "New investment would be very nice, but where are we going to find people to invest?

"With the Turners (fellow directors Andrew and Sharon Turner) we have invested £3.1million this year for nothing to come out.

"Nobody is queuing up to buy our shares. We have not been approached once"

Can Delia save face if an offer from Cullum is not accepted?

If Mr Cullum makes her an offer we may well see. At the moment Peter Cullum has not made any offer at all. He has simply said he wants to invets £20 million in players. If that was all he wants to do great, lets be having you''re cash. Unfortunately he wants control but does not appear to have made any offer for a controlling stake.

''We have not been approached once''    mmm

so why in her recent statement did she say;

“Over the last 12 years we have continually invited and sought new investment into Norwich City and have spoken to a number of wealthy individuals. Some have approached us, others we have approached.''

A pack of lies, now very publically Delia has been exposed for the fraud she is. If she had graciously accepted PC''s offer then she could have left with her integrity intact. She could have even stayed on to see the legacy she started come to fruition. But no, PC called her bluff and the club release a hostile statement effectively warning off investors. How PC does not fit into her criteria is beyond me!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]A pack of lies, now very publically Delia has been exposed for the fraud she is. If she had graciously accepted PC''s offer then she could have left with her integrity intact. She could have even stayed on to see the legacy she started come to fruition. But no, PC called her bluff and the club release a hostile statement effectively warning off investors. How PC does not fit into her criteria is beyond me![/quote]Let''s hope the groundswell of public opinion is enough to make her want to broker a deal with Cullum. Even if it takes a few months, as long as Cullum is allowed to invest then as far as I''m concerned she can stay at the club with her integrity intact. With Cullum''s money running the club and making it more successful, Delia wouldn''t be under any pressure from the fans I wouldn''t have thought. If, however, Cullum walks away from the table, Delia will be in a world of bother. She knows that. Here''s to hoping common sense prevails...

And still the pro-board people will defend her, you mark my words lol.  In fact I''m suprised they haven''t all been on here already [:S]

One thing I can''t and don''t tolerate, especially from people who hold positions of trust is deviation from the truth, and this board and her in particular have stepped over that very fine line.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

And still the pro-board people will defend her, you mark my words lol.  In fact I''m suprised they haven''t all been on here already [:S]

One thing I can''t and don''t tolerate, especially from people who hold positions of trust is deviation from the truth, and this board and her in particular have stepped over that very fine line.

[/quote]

Agree with all of that[Y]

I have a funny feeling that delias popularity with our supporters is going down the pan! Cant see her letting go of ncfc!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]A pack of lies, now very publically Delia has been exposed for the fraud she is. If she had graciously accepted PC''s offer then she could have left with her integrity intact. She could have even stayed on to see the legacy she started come to fruition. But no, PC called her bluff and the club release a hostile statement effectively warning off investors. How PC does not fit into her criteria is beyond me![/quote]

Or could it be that there is something in the company closet which would become public if PC was to get hold of the accounts !!! Beginning to look like this might be the problem, OMG...................its the Robert Chase saga again ?

I am very angry about all this. She has lied to us supporters and i believe she should go now and let Mr Cullum come in and turn this club around before it is too late. For her to lie about no investment approaching the club ( when obviously there was back in october when we were 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league ) makes me sick to the teeth. I and thousands of other supporters were having sleepness nights and bad days at work because of our position.

DELIA OUT NOW!

This thread is absolutely brilliant. Not only does it back up the points that so many of us have been making, it even has the direct quotes to make it undeniable.

It means there is simply no hiding place for Delia and simply no comeback or excuses for her supporters, of which I can''t believe there still are some.

We have been told nothing but a pack of lies, and it''s been going on for who knows how long.

This board has always prided themselves on their so called "transparency". They know where they can shove it.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Been there once, protested, got him out of the Club and would do it all again if I felt the need with our current board.

[/quote]

The Carrow Road riots stick firmly in the mind - happy days and happy to join you if the curent board carry on the same way. Want Delia to stay in the role Cullum proposed but if she doesn''t like this she''d better leave soon.

Can''t think how the current board can even contemplate walking into the directors box to face the barrage of abuse they''ll get first game of the season if we open with the existing threadbare squad having turned this potential lifeline down....... 

I wonder how all the fans would of felt if we had of been relegated, and then finding out delia had turned down 5 million!

[quote user="Chappers"]

I wonder how all the fans would of felt if we had of been relegated, and then finding out delia had turned down 5 million!

[/quote]

Nail on the head[Y]

I really must be missing something here. As much as I want this investment in our club I can''t see where this so called offer that Delia has supposedly turned down is coming from. Yes we have the Pinkun front page story about a £5 milllion offer last year.

Could somebody clearly in the know tell the rest of us exactly what the offer was that Delia turned down. It''s a bit like the £20 million offer this week I suspect, Front page cheap journalistic crap which actually is no offer to Delia or any other share holder. I for one would not hand over my shares for nothing however big the injection of cash into the players budget.

I would like to think Peter Cullum is serious about a takeover bid, unfortunately though the £20 million is nothing but stirring in the press. Lets hope he is actually making a serious offer to but the shares he needs.

Cullum quote taken from EDP -

“I made contact in October last year with City chief executive Neil Doncaster. Norwich were bottom of the league, five points adrift and in trouble. I had conference calls with Delia, Michael, Andrew Turner and Neil Doncaster about what I was prepared to do.”

An interesting point to note is that we were NOT 5 points adrift in October.  We were not 5 points adrift I believe until 10 November.  Was Cullum''s enquiry therefore made before the AGM or after?

Was it October and has he got confused with the 5 points adrift bit, or was it actually November?  I had to look this up, I could not have told you when we were 5 points adrift.

Either way, we could have gone down and have known nothing of the enquiry until now.

Are the board however obliged to reveal all enquiries? 

An interesting point to ponder.

Norfolk n good -

I don''t think the time is right yet for any action, now is the time to look, listen and learn as I did back then.  People can be hasty when fired with anger and disappointment, especially this kind of thing, when something you are emotionally attached to is being slowly torn apart.

Fans will reach a point when they say enough is enough, for me i''ve reached that point, but for others it might take longer.  We are all different, that''s what makes us humans so unique.

If I were in the boards shoes I would be worried sick about what the fans felt and the kind of reaction I would get, especially if I didn''t have anymore players added to an already threadbare squad, but that''s me lol not the board.

Below is the Championship table as at 10 November 2007, after that 3-0 defeat to Plymouth.  The first time we were 5 points adrift. -

1Watford161132512918+11362.25
2West Bromwich Albion15834513116+15271.80
3Charlton Athletic16844622215+7281.75
4Bristol City16763542120+1271.69
5Ipswich Town15744323122+9251.67
6Wolverhampton Wndrs16754751815+3261.63
7Coventry City157352420200241.60
8Plymouth Argyle16664632218+4241.50
9Stoke City166553422220231.44
10Barnsley16655452022-2231.44
11Burnley15564332120+1211.40
12Hull City16646432117+4221.38
13Sheffield United16565432322+1211.31
14Scunthorpe United16556551820-2201.25
15Southampton16628332433-9201.25
16Sheffield Wednesday16619342225-3191.19
17Leicester City15384571412+2171.13
18Blackpool15375311821-3161.07
19Colchester United163851227270171.06
20Cardiff City15366141923-4151.00
21Queens Park Rangers15366441424-10151.00
22Preston North End16367571520-5150.94
23Crystal Palace16286161620-4140.88
24Norwich City162311381026-1690.56

Having a look at "the code". It states this:"2.2 WHEN AN ANNOUNCEMENT IS REQUIREDAn announcement is required:—(a) when a firm intention to make an offer (the making of which is not,or has ceased to be, subject to any pre-condition) is notified to theboard of the offeree company from a serious source, irrespective of theattitude of the board to the offer;(b) immediately upon an acquisition of any interest in shares whichgives rise to an obligation to make an offer under Rule 9. Theannouncement that an obligation has been incurred should not bedelayed while full information is being obtained; additional informationcan be the subject of a later supplementary announcement;(c) when, following an approach to the offeree company, the offereecompany is the subject of rumour and speculation or there is anuntoward movement in its share price;(d) when, before an approach has been made, the offeree company isthe subject of rumour and speculation or there is an untoward20.5.06D3RULE 2 CONTINUEDmovement in its share price and there are reasonable grounds forconcluding that it is the potential offeror’s actions (whether throughinadequate security or otherwise) which have led to the situation;"(e) when negotiations or discussions are about to be extended toinclude more than a very restricted number of people (outside thosewho need to know in the companies concerned and their immediateadvisers). An offeror wishing to approach a wider group, for example inorder to arrange financing for the offer (whether equity or debt), to seekirrevocable commitments or to organise a consortium to make the offershould consult the Panel; or(f) when a purchaser is being sought for an interest, or interests, inshares carrying in aggregate 30% or more of the voting rights of acompany or when the board of a company is seeking one or morepotential offerors, and:(i) the company is the subject of rumour and speculation or thereis an untoward movement in its share price; or(ii) the number of potential purchasers or offerors approached isabout to be increased to include more than a very restrictednumber of people."2.3 says: "Before the board of the offeree company is approached, theresponsibility for making an announcement can lie only with theofferor. The offeror should, therefore, keep a close watch on the offereecompany’s share price for any signs of untoward movement."Taken from section on p66.See the whole copy here: http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/new/codesars/DATA/code.pdfReading into this, it would appear that if Cullum actually made a concrete offer before the AGM then information should have been released. That said, if the rumours (that seemed to be around) actually were being voiced by some, and affected Delia''s decision to raise the price of the shares, then an annoucement should have been made. That said I''d welcome anybody else to read it (or have read it) and give it a better analysis than mine.

[quote user="jbghost"]

I really must be missing something here. As much as I want this investment in our club I can''t see where this so called offer that Delia has supposedly turned down is coming from. Yes we have the Pinkun front page story about a £5 milllion offer last year.

Could somebody clearly in the know tell the rest of us exactly what the offer was that Delia turned down. It''s a bit like the £20 million offer this week I suspect, Front page cheap journalistic crap which actually is no offer to Delia or any other share holder. I for one would not hand over my shares for nothing however big the injection of cash into the players budget.

I would like to think Peter Cullum is serious about a takeover bid, unfortunately though the £20 million is nothing but stirring in the press. Lets hope he is actually making a serious offer to but the shares he needs.

[/quote]

You''re not missing anything jbghost. The people who for so long have wished to bury Delia have grasped on to this input like a gang of vigilantes with a rope. They are not interested in a "trial" where the facts may be allowed to emerge unless it''s a hanging judge that also has the same agenda as the angry mob. All they smell is someone else''s money that''s been dangled like a proverbial carrot. If the amount is one, five or twenty million or more, it''s inconsequential. The crowd smells blood and that''s good enough for them. 

Take some of the input on this thread for example:

"But when the board was criticised at this week''s AGM, she astonished the crowd by snapping back: "Anyone who can find idiots like us to put money in and get nothing back can have this club tomorrow."

It appears to me that most posters are reading this comment without thinking it through. If someone indicates that they want the club for peanuts that does not suggest to me an individual who is prepared to put money in without getting anything back. Hell, maybe I should have made that offer.

"One thing I can''t and don''t tolerate, especially from people who hold positions of trust is deviation from the truth, and this board and her in particular have stepped over that very fine line."

Put your real name up front and centre and attach it to a letter to Delia Smith and the newspaper along with your accusations. Then let a real court determine who''s stepping over which line.

"I and thousands of other supporters were having sleepness nights and bad days at work because of our position."

Good grief! What kind of an impact would it have on your lily-livered soul if you had a real problem in life to contend with?

I''ll tell you a personal anecdote of something that''s occuring on my very own street ( although I understand the angry mob could care less....so, in return, neither do I ):

I live in a nice neighborhood and an elderly lady on our street lost her husband this past winter. This year her yard in this pristine street does not quite conform to local standards. The lady probably will eventually sell her home but she is still going through an adjustment. One "kind" neighbor recently offered to buy her house for half of its market value because it will "take a lot to clean things up." Now technically, it''s true that an offer was made, but morally this offer was nothing more than an attempt to steal the value this lady and her husband  had spent years building up. 

Peter Cullum may come through but, so far, all that he has demonstrated is a desire to get the bloodthirsty mob onside and exert more pressure on those that own the shares. With respect to his overtures of last fall I would have to see the detail of that offer before I made a judgement on his motives and the reaction of the current principals. I go to my gut values when I''m trying to form an opinion and, I know one thing for sure, if I had been the major shareholder at NCFC at last years AGM and knew someone had approached me with what I considered an insulting offer to gain control of MY business, I would not have felt obligated to stand up and tell all and sundry anything about the matter whatsoever, particularly if that individual had access to significant financial resources and I wanted to see where the matter might lead.   

@norfolkbroadslim

As I said on another thread yesterday:

"What was the timeline for the offer, Was the offer made pre-AGM ?"

If we take words at face value, Cullum says he made the offer when we were "five points adrift" at the bottom of the table. That was after the Ipswich game - 4th of November.

AGM was 18th October.

However, Cullum is quoted as saying "“I made contact in October last year with City chief executive Neil Doncaster. Norwich were bottom of the league, five points adrift and in trouble."

We went bottom of the league (4 points adrift) on the 27th of October.

So either he got the number of points wrong or the month - clear as mud eh?

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]1. It isn''t solely HER business.

2. 32% of ''The business'' is owned by the very fans who want to get to the bottom of "this caper"
[/quote]

....and she and her husband own 60% or so which makes it their call. With respect to "caper", if you intend that to mean a ddishonest activity, I think you make my point for me.