Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Simon Lappin...

To have talks with Roeder on future...I think we should definitely be lookin to keep Lappin. He''s a very good backup at left wing, and while he never set the world alight he does have a good left foot and did whip in some good crosses. Would be good back up to Hoolihan or Hooever comes in...Lappin would be a good squad player..especially when our squad looks so thin at the mo..

[quote user="National Express super guard"]that goal against barnet will be the reason i think we should keep him[/quote]The one against Luton away also springs to mind. Good, versatile, technical player, well worth a place in the squad.

I personally feel he doesn''t have the physical ability to make it in the Championship. He is very easily pushed off the ball, he clearly tires towards the end of games and I feel doesn''t get tight on to players.

Our squad is too thin to get rid of Lappin.  He needs the benefit of the doubt... give him a season as asquad player and see how he goes.  He clearly wants to come back to the club and prove himself and we need players who have some hunger to succeed.

I know the Scottish league isn''t fantastic, and that successful players in that league don''t necessarily make it elsewhere, but he featured in a side which qualified for the UEFA Cup on league position. I think he deserves another chance, although I''m sure Glenn knows best...

squad man at best.. but takes a wicked set peice and has a good shot.. keep him here.. he''s not a bad player by any means

jas :)

Ideally, he should be sold back to Scotland - for me he doesn''t have the physical strength to compete in the Championship. However due to the small size of our squad, he should probably be retained, as he can cover for two positions and can play well on his day. For those that might say ''well Hoolahan isn''t the biggest player, yet we are after him'', I''d say that they are totally different in the way that they play. Anyone who has ever seen Wes play, will know that he more than makes up for his lack of height.

I wonder if his being sent out on loan was to get him away from the

almost poisonous atmosphere of losing that was pervading Carra Rudd at

the time? I agree that if GR wanted rid he''d have done it already so

will probably keep him for the squad, with the advantage that he''s had

games away from CR so remains fit and hopefully has had some time to

toughen up a bit mentally...? Just a thought?