Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Roeder's press conference/Hoolahan.

Why,when the press finally get to speak to Roeder after six weeks, did nobody apparantly think to ask "HAVE WE SIGNED HOOLAHAN?". You''ve got the bloke sitting there in front of you and while everyone is aware of the rumours that have been going around re: medicals having been passed a month ago and fifa transfer blockages etc etc, surely here was an opportunity to clear it up catorgorically?

I of course apologise if this was asked of Roeder, but reading websites and newspapers there doesn''t appear to be any mention of it at all.

if its the same interview thats on canaries world then nope nobody asked about him, they did ask about shola ameobi though.

The press seem almost scared to ask Roeder any truly probing questions..

[quote user="Caaanary"]The press seem almost scared to ask Roeder any truly probing questions..[/quote]

Isn''t it always that way though? In any case, perhaps the media are unable to reveal details about the transfer yet for some reason - or it''s still all up in the air. After all, you wouldn''t expect the club to be sitting on the news if it was possible to say anything.

I wouldn''t even class this as a probing question. I would have thought it would have been possibly the most blindingly obvious question that could have been asked at this point of the close season !

At the fans forum there was something Roeder said to the press, about that they had to be careful what they put in their papers. I cant remember what he said but maybe there is certain topics he doesnt allow to be mentioned.

This is a little bit off topic... but I didnt really want to start a new thread about it

Roeder keeps saying that we shouldnt worry because none of his targets have moved to other clubs, and that we arent losing out..

Thats all well and good, but he admitted to trying to get McCourt but failing... in the same article! So... does a player we put a bid in for not count as a target?

I see what you''re saying, Bucketman. However I think Roeder has a group of targets he''s had in his mind quite a while. It sounds as if McCourt really was a last minute thing and not really a long term target. Also, I don''t think he ever made a bid, just an enquiry. Although I might be wrong.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]

[quote user="Caaanary"]The press seem almost scared to ask Roeder any truly probing questions..[/quote]

Isn''t it always that way though? In any case, perhaps the media are unable to reveal details about the transfer yet for some reason - or it''s still all up in the air. After all, you wouldn''t expect the club to be sitting on the news if it was possible to say anything.

[/quote] It was the same with Grant and even Worthington until he was in the very final throes of his reign. Reality is, local press wherever you are are rubbish and full of have a go hacks and  Norfolk is no exception.  You would have thought  a regional  centre deserves better but here in Cambridge they''re even worse!!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I see what you''re saying, Bucketman. However I think Roeder has a group of targets he''s had in his mind quite a while. It sounds as if McCourt really was a last minute thing and not really a long term target.

Also, I don''t think he ever made a bid, just an enquiry. Although I might be wrong.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I dont claim to know it all! Now I suppose we just look onto the next signing then... whenever this may be!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I see what you''re saying, Bucketman. However I think Roeder has a group of targets he''s had in his mind quite a while. It sounds as if McCourt really was a last minute thing and not really a long term target.

Also, I don''t think he ever made a bid, just an enquiry. Although I might be wrong.
[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I think Roeder really wanted McCourt, and he was one of his intended targets.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I see what you''re saying, Bucketman. However I think Roeder has a group of targets he''s had in his mind quite a while. It sounds as if McCourt really was a last minute thing and not really a long term target. Also, I don''t think he ever made a bid, just an enquiry. Although I might be wrong.[/quote]

I might be wrong, but I think Roeder really wanted McCourt, and he was one of his intended targets.

[/quote]I read somewhere that McCourt wasn''t really on our radar until the recent scouting network shake-up. Basically our new guy in Ireland said that Paddy was on his way to West Brom, but we might want to have a go... We did, but alas Celtic were too much to compete with.

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I read somewhere that McCourt wasn''t really on our radar until the recent scouting network shake-up. Basically our new guy in Ireland said that Paddy was on his way to West Brom, but we might want to have a go... We did, but alas Celtic were too much to compete with.
[/quote]

Yeh that was my interpretation of the situation as well. I think he was identified pretty late on in the game and Glenn thought he might as well have a go.

If the club haven''t announced it yet, for whatever reason, why the feck would Roeder openly answer a question about it at a press conference? Maybe the journalists there knew it would be a waste of breath?

Maybe the press know something we don''t about hoolahan and maybe we have signed him but the press have been made to wait until they can print the story.