Ipswich Town
Bristol City
Norwich City
Preston
Watford
Plymouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Burnley

[quote user="PhatCanary"]The scum have signed a Dutch defender haven''t they?[/quote]

Yes along with a new international scout.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]and only one of those needs at least 8 players......[/quote]

More like 12 and a lot of backroom staff!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]You couldn''t make it up could you?[:''(][/quote]

In all honesty i can''t ever remember a team being in this position,with so few players and no backroom staff, i''m still positive though...i think..sort of...maybe.

Our situation is a little different from the other teams. We only have half a team. Where are all these premiership quality players Roeder was on about?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Our situation is a little different from the other teams. We only have half a team. Where are all these premiership quality players Roeder was on about?[/quote]

Still in the premiership!!

As has been said by others on other (very similar!) threads, please point me to all these fantastic signings that are being made by other Championship sides and I might perhaps start to worry.  The simple fact is that there have been very few transfers involving players who we would/should be interested in.  Though I''m starting to think that perhaps we should have bought one of them, just to stop this daft moaning....but then you''d just be moaning instead about why we signed [insert any name here], as he''s crap!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]and only one of those needs at least 8 players......[/quote]

More like 12 and a lot of backroom staff!

[/quote]

Hopefully we won''t need to rely on the lads from Easton College to help out when the new season starts, but you never know!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

As has been said by others on other (very similar!) threads, please point me to all these fantastic signings that are being made by other Championship sides and I might perhaps start to worry.  The simple fact is that there have been very few transfers involving players who we would/should be interested in.  Though I''m starting to think that perhaps we should have bought one of them, just to stop this daft moaning....but then you''d just be moaning instead about why we signed [insert any name here], as he''s crap!

[/quote]

Difference is that most of those other championship sides have a team! We dont

I''m starting to worry now, we need alot of players. If we only needed 2/3 I would say we can afford to wait for the qaulity players to become avalible, but we need back ups as well. Not every signing this season will be a star but we need to bring some in soon. None in by this time next week i''ll be a nervous wreck!

you have just hit the nail on the head

Look at leicester last year, rushed into it and messed things up! we will have signings soon, most of the people who have been linked with us are still waiting for an imminent move anyway, theres only earnmore i''ve seen go after we''ve been linked. Why worry now!, save it for July at least!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]The scum have signed a Dutch defender haven''t they?[/quote]

Yes along with a new international scout.

[/quote]Did they get him from the last Jamboree?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]Maybe we just want to avoid this kind of scenario BP, nothing personal here in dragging up this old post from 2005 of yours, the board is full of similar ones just thought a balanced comment like you made represents the situation well.  In 2005 we were worried about the level of transfer activity into the Club.At the time we had the better part of 10 million quids worth of strike partnership in Ashton and McKenzie yet we still couldn''t compete, Were things any better in 2006 or 2007, can anyone convince me we''ve strengthened the team since 2005?Can anyone convince me not to be more than a little worried about next season?[quote user="Branston Pickle"] (From August 2005)

[quote]Nope i say keep him he will turn the corner ,worthy in for me.[/quote]

Me too....Worthy is far from immune from criticism, but I can''t really see the point in him going at this point in time. 

My

biggest query of Worthy is is on transfers.  It is perhaps of little

surprise the team isn''t performing as a unit given that we shipped 10

out of last season''s squad in the close season (replacing fewer), any 5

of who would have been in the starting XI.  We then compounded this by

not even replacing the ''key'' leaver (Francis), which is just plain

stupid. 

However, balancing this is the fact that whilst we

haven''t been at our best in any game, we could have easily won each

were it not for the woodwork (other games) or just poor finishing

(yesterday) - I don''t think Leeds were particularly good, and on almost

any other occasion would have been beaten.  

IMO we still have plenty of time to sort things, and MUST give Worthy a chance - Id say at least until Xmas.

[/quote]

We can now make it 9 as Ipswich have signed someone.

Reading
Sheffield United
Bristol City
Norwich City
Preston
Watford
Plymouth
Sheffield Wednesday
Burnley