Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Clingan FREE, McCourt £150k....

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Fellas"]Trouble is with these bargians is often they are bargains for a reason. Whether that be on the pitch or off it or both. Sometimes you pick up a gem but in our recent history how often has that been? And tbh they don''t stay long even if they do well...  I''ve seen us pick up too many bargains over the seasons that have either been a waste of money or just sold on at a profit to fund the boards love affair with infastructure.[/quote]"We''re doomed, doomed I tell yee!" FFS!

[/quote]Well considering every player we have got on the cheap in recent seasons has been sh**e then I''m more than entitled to me opinion. I''m not a doom and gloom merchant, I''m just sick of the whole policy of bringing players in. I will see what roeder has brough in by the end of the summer but atm I''m keeping pessemistic so that I''m not p*ssed off when we have no players by the end of august as per usual seasons.

" I truely believe that by postponing bringing in players till the eleventh hour .......... "That is too silly for words. To suggest, as many on here do, that buying players is similar to picking up something from Argos is just as sillyAt the moment most clubs, agents and players will be haggling to get the best deal. Once an offer or even an enquiry has been made a story will be leaked, mostly to the lower end of the press in order to try and stir up interest or raise the price. Most clubs will set deadlines for both sides of the deal. If not to force the issue then to protect their negotiation position later. They don''t want to be seen to be a soft touch.If we are looking to fill a certain position what do we do, chase two or three players - or just the one and if that falls down then start over again with another player ? What happens if the third choice of the three agrees within days ? Do you sign him and forget the other two ? What happens if his offer is very short time limited ?There are so many variables to factor in that to conjure up this idea that it is all that simple beggars belief.I''m sorry to say (to fellow City fans) but after reading some of the stuff on here I do wonder how close to suffolk some of you live.

well for me it dosent matter what a player costs as most are over rated and priced anyway i mean 3.5 mil for ameobi no way  clingan a highly rated player on a free whats to moan about if they get the other guy mcload is it 150k a bargain i mean cant be that bad if wba want him  can he ? but there is one thing i do know and that is roader has an eye for a player so i for one am looking forward to seeing what happens over the nxt 4 weeks and im sure we will have a solid team out at coventry and just for he record i do love a RUMOUR !!! LOL cheers thumb180

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" I truely believe that by postponing bringing in players till the eleventh hour .......... "

That is too silly for words.

To suggest, as many on here do, that buying players is similar to picking up something from Argos is just as silly

At the moment most clubs, agents and players will be haggling to get the best deal. Once an offer or even an enquiry has been made a story will be leaked, mostly to the lower end of the press in order to try and stir up interest or raise the price.

Most clubs will set deadlines for both sides of the deal. If not to force the issue then to protect their negotiation position later. They don''t want to be seen to be a soft touch.

If we are looking to fill a certain position what do we do, chase two or three players - or just the one and if that falls down then start over again with another player ? What happens if the third choice of the three agrees within days ? Do you sign him and forget the other two ? What happens if his offer is very short time limited ?

There are so many variables to factor in that to conjure up this idea that it is all that simple beggars belief.

I''m sorry to say (to fellow City fans) but after reading some of the stuff on here I do wonder how close to suffolk some of you live.

[/quote]     Is lowestoft to close  for you??

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Fellas"]Trouble is with these bargians is often they are bargains for a reason. Whether that be on the pitch or off it or both. Sometimes you pick up a gem but in our recent history how often has that been? And tbh they don''t stay long even if they do well...  I''ve seen us pick up too many bargains over the seasons that have either been a waste of money or just sold on at a profit to fund the boards love affair with infastructure.[/quote]"We''re doomed, doomed I tell yee!" FFS!

[/quote]Nuff, I spotted your link and have to say I''m impressed with the chap you''ve discovered there... know of his music well or just a random find? Decent either way, shame I can''t find it to download... erm, legally, of course... ahem... [:|]

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"][quote user="xKevin82x"]

Come on money or not if we can get players of a high standard for free or close to nothing then theres nothing wrong with that at all means we will be able to bring in more additions to the squad rather then spend all our transfer budget (whatever that is) on 2 or 3 players.

Clingan on a free is a steal and McCourt if true for £150k owuld be fantastic.

Don''t start moanig least we are getting players in to the squad.

[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote] And just how can we be so sure that Clingan is class and a steal , he may just be another Andy Hughes , you more often than not get what you pay for thats why the wealthy clubs have the best teams,and why we have gone downhill the last few years. Have we any money to spend ? who knows if the striker we sign is Ameobi then the answer is probably yes , if its Andy Cole , well oh dear .

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Fellas"]Trouble is with these bargians is often they are bargains for a reason. Whether that be on the pitch or off it or both. Sometimes you pick up a gem but in our recent history how often has that been? And tbh they don''t stay long even if they do well...  I''ve seen us pick up too many bargains over the seasons that have either been a waste of money or just sold on at a profit to fund the boards love affair with infastructure.[/quote]"We''re doomed, doomed I tell yee!" FFS!

[/quote]Nuff, I spotted your link and have to say I''m impressed with the chap you''ve discovered there... know of his music well or just a random find? Decent either way, shame I can''t find it to download... erm, legally, of course... ahem... [:|][/quote]In fact, I was sitting there thinking "this guy sounds a lot like the singer from Easyworld" who I''d seen support the Bluetones at the Waterfront some years ago and whose album I have somewhere... after getting the track off iTunes it bugged me further until I just had to google it! And indeed it is he! How random... [:)]

McCourt reported to be holding transfer talks with Celtic today,hopefully this is just rumour as there are no direct quotes.

[quote user="peeceejay"]McCourt reported to be holding transfer talks with Celtic today,hopefully this is just rumour as there are no direct quotes.
[/quote]According to Birmingham Mail today, he is having medical at Celtic.