Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Cureton and Cole.

What are the chances that the front two next season will be the above mentioned pairing? God i''m starting to depress myself with all thes worrying thoughts.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]What are the chances that the front two next season will be the above mentioned pairing? God i''m starting to depress myself with all thes worrying thoughts.[/quote]

Does that worry you more than Dublin and Cureton ?

I''d be happy with Cureton and Martin up front if the partnership was successful.

Can''t see Cole coming to Norwich to be honest and frankly nor do I want him here.  I should like to see us sign someone with pace to partner Curo up front.  People seem rather anti Cureton, but I for one think he''s going to have a cracking season.

If we have 2 yoots playing next year up front and score 25 each, I would be happy. I doubt that is going to happen thou.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]If we have 2 yoots playing next year up front and score 25 each, I would be happy. I doubt that is going to happen thou.[/quote]

You''d just be happy? I''d be estatic!

How would you know if JC is not the problem (I presume you are talking about being a big time charlie etc). I''m not saying he is, but we do not know the ins and outs of our club, especially on the training ground. He could have a problem with his attitude, he was not adverse to that in his younger days and he could be back to his old tricks. I very much doubt it, but just playing devils advocate..........

[quote user="AndyJR"]Can''t see Cole coming to Norwich to be honest and frankly nor do I want him here.  I should like to see us sign someone with pace to partner Curo up front.  People seem rather anti Cureton, but I for one think he''s going to have a cracking season.
[/quote]

Fair play you to stand by Cureton but last season he was rubbish and I can''t see him improving on that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]What are the chances that the front two next season will be the above mentioned pairing? God i''m starting to depress myself with all thes worrying thoughts.[/quote]

Does that worry you more than Dublin and Cureton ?

I''d be happy with Cureton and Martin up front if the partnership was successful.

[/quote]

See your point blah but i just can''t get over how many chances Cureton missed last season, and Cole looked bloody awful and way past his best, at least Dublin had a bit of class still! Martin ( if he pulls his finger out) and Beckford would be more appealing, or even Martin and ERM.. UM.. I give up, just not Cureton he would be an ok sub at a push.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]I couldn''t care less if it was the chuckle brothers if they do the job.[/quote]

Barry has got a wicked left foot!!

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]How would you know if JC is not the problem (I presume you are talking about being a big time charlie etc). I''m not saying he is, but we do not know the ins and outs of our club, especially on the training ground. He could have a problem with his attitude, he was not adverse to that in his younger days and he could be back to his old tricks. I very much doubt it, but just playing devils advocate..........[/quote]

In a playing sense...............I mentioned nothing about off field antics by anyone..............there again, you may not even been talking to me!.[:$]

Whatever happens, at the moment its not looking good, will be interesting to see if we make a bid for Ameobi, his agent says he''s keen, Ipswich have agreed a fee and Roeder is a big fan. If we don''t make a bid then clearly the Board are not willing to back the manager with that much investment.

Now personally I don''t think Shola is worth that, 2 Million tops for someone who has had dodgy hips etc, but if Glenn sticks his neck out, what will happen?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="canaries in Bed"]How would you know if JC is not the problem (I presume you are talking about being a big time charlie etc). I''m not saying he is, but we do not know the ins and outs of our club, especially on the training ground. He could have a problem with his attitude, he was not adverse to that in his younger days and he could be back to his old tricks. I very much doubt it, but just playing devils advocate..........[/quote]

In a playing sense...............I mentioned nothing about off field antics by anyone..............there again, you may not even been talking to me!.[:$]

[/quote]

No mate, was thinking you were talking about off field antics. I agree JC does have the right attributes to do well for us, to be honest just like Cole, both, if provided with the correct service, will score a hat ful. I suppose I would like JC to do better as he loves the club as opposed to Cole, who does love his football, is more of a ''me'' man.

Should have ''quote'' you, normally don''t I get annoyed with reading repeats etc.

Do you think JC and GR have a bit of mutual dislike?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Jamie''s not the problem Phat , but sure as hell Cole would be!.[:@][/quote]

He will be a problem if he hasn''t got a decent strike partner this year.

Off topic but I went to a wedding last weekend and had a long chat with a close friend of Jamies. He said he''s really happy to be back, was dissappointed with some of the chances he missed but is determined to put it right this season.

Cureton is not good enough full stop , how the hell Colchester managed to mug us for the best part of a million for an old never been is amazing ,no wonder this club is skint.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Jamie''s not the problem Phat , but sure as hell Cole would be!.[:@][/quote]

He will be a problem if he hasn''t got a decent strike partner this year.

Off topic but I went to a wedding last weekend and had a long chat with a close friend of Jamies. He said he''s really happy to be back, was dissappointed with some of the chances he missed but is determined to put it right this season.

[/quote]

Cityangel, he had good strike partners last season in Ched and Dubs, his finishing was so poor at times last season it''s hard not to get a bit down on the fella, i hope if he is in the starting eleven next year he shows his determination and puts in better performances than he did last season, some of his misses were shocking!

Wouldn''t their average age be 68?  I know we had Dublin but I don''t think Cole would do so much for us in terms of influence, and if we get an old player someone with Dublin''s attitude would be better imo.  And we could get a younger player for the money as I bet you Cole will be on big wages.