Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Tv and radio peeps

Does anyone detest Alan Brazil as much as I do....? even though he''s been off TalkSport for a few years, I still hear his voice in nightmares - thankfully I never see his face..

I like both Mike Ingham and Martin Tyler as commentators

Might be controversial but I''ve been very pleasantly suprised by Stan Collymore as co-commentator, he''d be my no1 choice at the mo anyway. Suprised no-one else mentioned him.

Definitely James Richardson as Anchorman.

Have to say I think the talksport commentary is pretty dire, especially Nigel Pearson commentating,

Barry Davies was always a favourite of mine - no-one has his passion. No-one could say "LINEKER" quite like him (check out commentary on England v Poland in 86 World Cup). He also seemed to have a bit of a soft spot for NCFC whenever he commented on our games.

I used to love Peter Brackley and Ray Wilkins on Football Italia - they sounded like they were down the pub and having a real laugh!

Worst duo is surely Tyldlsey and Pleat on ITV at the moment. Awful - all Ronaldo has to do is walk on the pitch and its "out of this world".

Stan Colleymore is a surprisingly good commentator though! And switching sports, Bumble in the cricket is terrific

[quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]Hooray I thought I was going to be the only one.Jimbo rules [pi]** Pizza used as no ice cream smiley available [;)]

[quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

Yeah I like James Richardson, he''s good on the Guardian Weekly podcast but most of the others are berks apart from occasionally Guillem Balague, who is also pretty interesting, if a little crazy!

Jas - Afraid I missed the thing on Challenge TV, what is this wonderous show that features the amazing Stuart Hall?!

I quite like Gerry Armstrong who does some of the Liga games on Sky. He knows his football.

And although he doesn''t do the "in game" stuff I think Alan Hansen is excellent. Really really knows what he''s talking about. Maybe not everyones cup of tea but he knows his stuff.

Not so keen on Andy Gray, he has got clear favourites and players either do things his way or the wrong way.

Collymore is superb as a co commentater. He knoes his stuff and is surprisingly quite articulate. Shame I''m not....