Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Bunsen

signings in 3-4 weeks?? does that mean hoolihan was a wing up?

if roeder said expect signings in 3-4 weeks does this mean that the whole hoolihan thing was a wind up?? the binner said that he had already had his medical ect, if that is true then surely he would be announced before 3-4 weeks??? so was it a wind up?? do we have a lot of smelly egg on our faces????

Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.Maybe they''ve signed but Doncaster wants their current club to pay their wages whilst they''re on "holiday"?I''m sure he budgeted for that anyway [;)]

[quote user="Shazzakidd"]Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.
Maybe they''ve signed but Doncaster wants their current club to pay their wages whilst they''re on "holiday"?
I''m sure he budgeted for that anyway [;)]
[/quote]June 1st !

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shazzakidd"]Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.Maybe they''ve signed but Doncaster wants their current club to pay their wages whilst they''re on "holiday"?I''m sure he budgeted for that anyway [;)][/quote]June 1st ![/quote]I think that July 1st is when the transfer can officially go through (ie. Paperwork sent to Preston).But you can agree deals before, just wait until July 1st to finalize it.

[quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shazzakidd"]Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.Maybe they''ve signed but Doncaster wants their current club to pay their wages whilst they''re on "holiday"?I''m sure he budgeted for that anyway [;)][/quote]June 1st ![/quote]I think that July 1st is when the transfer can officially go through (ie. Paperwork sent to Preston).But you can agree deals before, just wait until July 1st to finalize it.[/quote]Can we PLEASE establish this. The transfer window is open. it opened on June 1st. Where the hell July comes into it is beyond me, but whatever, it is incorrect. THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN NOW.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shazzakidd"]Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.
Maybe they''ve signed but Doncaster wants their current club to pay their wages whilst they''re on "holiday"?
[/quote]June 1st ![/quote]

I think that July 1st is when the transfer can officially go through (ie. Paperwork sent to Preston).
But you can agree deals before, just wait until July 1st to finalize it.
[/quote]

Can we PLEASE establish this. The transfer window is open. it opened on June 1st. Where the hell July comes into it is beyond me, but whatever, it is incorrect. THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN NOW.
[/quote]

and as i have said in other posts, if the transfer window isnt open (im not sayin it isnt) we can still make signings but the player we sign cannot PLAY for the club untill the window is oopen

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shazzakidd"]Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.

I think that July 1st is when the transfer can officially go through (ie. Paperwork sent to Preston).
[/quote]

Can we PLEASE establish this. The transfer window is open. it opened on June 1st. Where the hell July comes into it is beyond me, but whatever, it is incorrect. THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN NOW.
[/quote]Totally correct KIO. For those who dont believe us......

Times online, June 1st,  "A new transfer window opens today with youth again in focus. Tottenham are on the verge of signing Giovani Dos Santos, 19, from Barcelona for £12.5m."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4039977.ece

[quote user="Shazzakidd"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shazzakidd"]Well in 4 weeks time it will be around about the1st July = official opening of the transfer window.

[/quote]

I think you`ll find that most players contracts end on 30th june and thats where the confusion about windows is happening.

The transfer window has been open since 1st June.

Nice to see that GR has not missed out on any of his targets...that should create some interesting responses....[:P]

[quote user="bass is best"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

(shame he didn''t post it here instead)

[/quote]

sorry

[/quote]

At least you read the article and understood it rather than go off on one by totally getting the wrong end of the stick like some people!

Some players contracts run until June some JULY.That''s where the JULY thing comes from. If their contract runs out in JULY, you have to wait until JULY. If you are buying a player, you can do so from JUNE

From ''''singings in 3-4 weeks'''' I think he meant that he will organise a few players to go sit in the Canray Store in the Mall for an afternoon and sign some auotgraphs for all the kids!!

(only joking, I am confident Roeder will sign a number of decent players to steer us higher up the league than last season)

[quote user="Dr. Bunsen"]if roeder said expect signings in 3-4 weeks does this mean that the whole hoolihan thing was a wind up?? the binner said that he had already had his medical ect, if that is true then surely he would be announced before 3-4 weeks??? so was it a wind up?? do we have a lot of smelly egg on our faces????[/quote]

it was all a wind up ..

hoolihan will never come to norwich,

we don''t just have smelly eggs in our faces but also greasey buns ..

thanks roeder, thanks alot

It''s signings in the next 3-4 weeks, not literally nothing til then, get a grip, we''ll be getting some people in.

he said next 3/4 weeks didnt he, meaning someone could join today, 3 next week, 2 the week after and the last 5 in 4 weeks.