Sign in to follow this  
Fraz

Matty Patterson - do you think he was a good signing?

Roeders First and only signing - do you think he was a good buy?  I think he is an avaerage squad player not worth £500k, especially with  Gorkss & Hoolahan available for the same money

Is this a sign of things to come, will it be the same as some of the over priced dead wood Worthy brought in.

As for matty so far he has produced little to nothing but has only been with us a short while I can only give part judgment on him.

sadly no!

He did ok in his loan spell but since signing for the club has shown lots of heart but little ability.. he is fast looking like the next Andy Hughes.

Can anyone remember when he last contributed something such as an assist or goal?

jas :)

Yeah, not bad. I feel he played his best on the left giving us stability down there. It didnt help him playin inside then out but hopefully this yr he will push on. I think he would make a great defensive midfielder. Just sit there, tackle and play it simple.

Elmo''s right: he crap.And - setting aside the fact that he was drunk when he did it - he also drives to work in his undercrackers. Unusual behaviour.

I think he has promise.   On loan, and at the end of the season (after the drink driving thing, oddly) he impressed.   In between, he fell away, but he''s young and may improve.  And we usually look more solid with him.  

Looked impressive in his loan spell so I didn''t complain about the signing. Theres no doubt he can tackle, but very questional passing/shooting. I get the impression him and Roeder can''t really work out his best position.

He was a good signing in my opinion. He plays with a lot of passion unlike 90% of footballers these days.

His form has been a bit patchy, he''s had some great games though. His passing is good, he runs his socks off and he''s a good tackle.

And lets not forget. He''s 21, and has only played 37 games in his whole career!!! He''s experienced and WILL get better. I think he could well be teh new Gary Holt (the promotion season version).

On loan, I thought he was superb and was going to be the saviour for our set pieces etc and his vision was good, but has one down a lot since, yes he plays with heart and runs alot, but I was hoping for more of him to be honset. Still we have next season to come.

Good signing, I think.

Not saying that he''s going to be the next Patrick Vieira or anything but at this level I think he''s got enough going for him to be a good player.

Sorry to nitpick but people are doing this every time now and its unnecessarily confusing: Matty PATTISON plays for us. Martin PATERSON plays for Scunthorpe and is a target. Both men have similar first names and both are related to NCFC currently so it helps to get this right!

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

Sorry to nitpick but people are doing this every time now and its unnecessarily confusing: Matty PATTISON plays for us. Martin PATERSON plays for Scunthorpe and is a target. Both men have similar first names and both are related to NCFC currently so it helps to get this right!

[/quote]

Maybe we''ve signed someone who is a combination of the two...