Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Gunn in charge of scouting.

Has Roeder not learnt from Grunts mistakes, Gunn was in charge then and look where his extensive contacts got us, Murray, Lappin, Strihavka......etc

Although I have the utmost respect for Gunny I must admit to being a little disappointed at this news

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Has Roeder not learnt from Grunts mistakes, Gunn was in charge then and look where his extensive contacts got us, Murray, Lappin, Strihavka......etc

Although I have the utmost respect for Gunny I must admit to being a little disappointed at this news

[/quote]

We''re ducked!.[:(]

[/quote]Fotheringham, Marshal, Otsemobor and probably had at least a part to play with Russell and Cureton.With the first four you can at least accept they are good players although I know some people have doubts about Cureton.

I have to say i''m not particularly convinced, but if you think of his contacts he should be ok, i doubt he had a huge say under grant, and rememeber he''s now the main scout.

Oh no! More lightweight Jocks coming our way. I''m a bit disappointed at this news as well. Sure Gunny has ambassadorial roles to play and does this well, but Chief Scout?

I just hope this summers targets, plus many backups are already identified.

I do think alot of the Scottish players were Grants finds, not Gunns.

I have no probs with players from Scotland, as long as they can do the job. Lets be honest Grant didn''t exactly have a great eye for a player and the ones we picked up probably just happened to be the worst of the worst.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I have no probs with players from Scotland, as long as they can do the job. Lets be honest Grant didn''t exactly have a great eye for a player and the ones we picked up probably just happened to be the worst of the worst.

[/quote]

Actually most of the Scots were Duffy''s finds. Gunn was responsible for bringing Cureton to the club. If you remember, Curo was in talks with Hull when Gunny rang to offer him a move to Norwich.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[/quote]

Actually most of the Scots were Duffy''s finds. Gunn was responsible for bringing Cureton to the club. If you remember, Curo was in talks with Hull when Gunny rang to offer him a move to Norwich.

[/quote]

Well lets hope he''s learned from his mistakes.

:-)

Havent seen that on the pinkun stories or did I miss it?

[/quote]

This has to be a windup?

[quote user="HUDDY "]I have to say i''m not particularly convinced, but if you think of his contacts he should be ok, i doubt he had a huge say under grant, and rememeber he''s now the main scout.[/quote]

Yes, he''s good friends with Mr Ferguson, in fact he used to babysit his kids.

They say it''s not what you know, but who you know [;)]

If anyone else was at the Bryan Gunn charity dinner then you will know what I''m on about.

Gunny wasn''t responsible for all the signings he was only a liaison officer, 1 deal he worked very hard on was to convince Fergie to loan us Ryan Shawcross only to fall through cos grant wouldn''t guarantee first team football, what a balls up that was cos he had a fantastic season with stoke and scored nearly 10 goals not bad as hes a defender.