Sign in to follow this  
gary

so what does archant say now about earnshaw

Last night they appeared convinced Earnshaw was on his way , with confirmation of a stay at a hotel used by the club , therefore  etc etc

As he has signed for Forest today , what will Archant be saying tonight

Do they ever go and get their own stories, most of them come from rumours from other websites and messageboards. Also you get these silly stories about Earnie building our hopes up just because he stayed in Norfolk this week. Maybe David Beckham visited the Chapelfield yesterday?

[quote user="gary "]

As he has signed for Forest today , what will Archant be saying tonight

[/quote]

That he''s going to Forest I imagine...

I don''t understand our diminutive friend''s reticence, though. Why did he feel the need to be so cagey when asked if he was in talks with NCFC - he could have just said no, surely? Unless of course he was in talks with us, but they rapidly broke down when he had a far better offer from Forest?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

but they rapidly broke down when he had a far better offer from Forest?

[/quote]

What the hell does that say about our board?.............

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Its sounds like the usual crap to me,  first choice players slip through our fingers cos we don''t offer enough.

Nothing - because you and I and everyone else on this board have no idea what happened!I acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their point of view but when you use speculation as fact then you are going to lose any respect for your opinion.Personally, I suspect that we never even spoke to Earnie since Roeder wouldn''t want to spend that much on one player, but it is a suspicion only, and I certainly wouldn''t try and use it to draw conclusions about the board, the transfer budget, the size of Earnie''s car, or anything else.

[/quote]

[/quote]It says that they listened to what you said yesterday wiz......

''''There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.''''

Damned if they do, damned if they don''t !   [:S]

Ok well lets assume that earnie did have talks with us.  Firstly we all know that Forest made the first bid, so he would have talked to them first.  So then he comes here and talks he has played here before so he knows what the place is all about and maybe he just didn''t fancy it.  Besides Forest give him the option of not moving again and playing in the championship with a big stadium and big plans for the future, I believe they want to build a new stadium.

Think of it like this you go to job interview and get a really nice offer and ask for a few days to think it over.  In the meantime another company invites you to another interview you go to hear them out, but you are really sold on the first offer.  Therefore unless something happens like three times as much money he will choose the first offer.  It''s even possible we offered more money, but he just wanted to stay in the midlands.  There a plenty of other good forwards out there. 

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Nothing - because you and I and everyone else on this board have no idea what happened!I acknowledge that everyone is entitled to their point of view but when you use speculation as fact then you are going to lose any respect for your opinion.Personally, I suspect that we never even spoke to Earnie since Roeder wouldn''t want to spend that much on one player, but it is a suspicion only, and I certainly wouldn''t try and use it to draw conclusions about the board, the transfer budget, the size of Earnie''s car, or anything else.[/quote]Yeah, but Archant sells plenty of papers on the back of speculation.  And they continue to do so, whether they make it all up or not.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quit moaning, you don''t even know that he talked to the Board. Someone posted elsewhere that he has family and property ties in this area it was probably (on reflection) to do with either of those.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quit moaning, you don''t even know that he talked to the Board. Someone posted elsewhere that he has family and property ties in this area it was probably (on reflection) to do with either of those.

[/quote]My money is on Archant making it up and its caused the mother of all **** stirring.

Can I just ask what hotel it was that he was staying in?Perhaps, just perhaps, he was down here on personal business and the hotel in question happens to be a decent place to stay.   You know, he''s got a bit of cash - he isn''t go to stay in a little B&B is he?