Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Can we compete with that BIG club called Burnley?

Burnley have the famous Alastair Campbell as a loyal supporter.....He could be spinning and giving the impression that Burnley, (average crowd 12,000+) are bigger than Man Utd and Chelsea.....and are absolutely minted.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Burnley have the famous Alastair Campbell as a loyal supporter.....He could be spinning and giving the impression that Burnley, (average crowd 12,000+) are bigger than Man Utd and Chelsea.....and are absolutely minted.

[/quote]

He might be, but only a complete fool would believe that.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

He might be, but only a complete fool would believe that.

[/quote]

There were sufficient ''complete fools'' to vote Blair in for a second term.....When in reality, who was really pulling the strings?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]Firstly how do you know that he isn''t just spinning that up? He could be a Chelsea fan and just using that as cover as to not sully his already dodgy reputation.To add to that I wouldn''t put "loyal" and "Alastair Campbell" in a sentance together, spin masters go to the highest bidder.

Yes. Burnley have no more chance than us currently of being involved in the play offs next season. They get gates of half that we do. We have a higher profile management team and a more "successful" recent history. Against that, Burnley are in a stronger football area and are not so out of the way with the likes of Manchester and Liverpool on their doorstop.

I think Canary Nut is alluding to the fact that Burnley seem to be bidding for good players again- Paterson, Cole, Russell- none of them cheap. Unlike us they have had no £34m tv money, no big player sales (Lafferty`s gone nowhere yet) and attract gates less than half ours.  Maybe their off-pitch revenue is vastly higher than ours......!!

I was chatting to a Forest fan at work earlier who says that they have made concrete offers for Earnshaw and Leon Best to the tune of £3-4million combined.  When i asked where the club got the money, he stated that the chairman, whilst not being mega-wealthy, "is a proper supporter and has probably put some money in".  Isn`t that the sort of people we`re supposed to have on our board.....? [^o)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I think Canary Nut is alluding to the fact that Burnley seem to be bidding for good players again- Paterson, Cole, Russell- none of them cheap. Unlike us they have had no £34m tv money, no big player sales (Lafferty`s gone nowhere yet) and attract gates less than half ours.  Maybe their off-pitch revenue is vastly higher than ours......!!

I was chatting to a Forest fan at work earlier who says that they have made concrete offers for Earnshaw and Leon Best to the tune of £3-4million combined.  When i asked where the club got the money, he stated that the chairman, whilst not being mega-wealthy, "is a proper supporter and has probably put some money in".  Isn`t that the sort of people we`re supposed to have on our board.....? [^o)]

[/quote]

I encourage all readers of Mr. Carrow''s input to see it for what it is, simply an attack on those responsible for NCFC by comparing our club to hearsay POSSIBILITIES of what exists at other clubs. Not facts, not transfers or acquisitions that have occurred, simply rumours of what could be. To use an analogy, imagine a parent comparing the inadequacies of their own child by comparing that child to the POSSIBILITIES of the children of others. In that example it would be difficult to accept that true love of one''s own child is at the heart of the misguided parent.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I encourage all readers of Mr. Carrow''s input to see it for what it is, simply an attack on those responsible for NCFC by comparing our club to hearsay POSSIBILITIES of what exists at other clubs. Not facts, not transfers or acquisitions that have occurred, simply rumours of what could be. To use an analogy, imagine a parent comparing the inadequacies of their own child by comparing that child to the POSSIBILITIES of the children of others. In that example it would be difficult to accept that true love of one''s own child is at the heart of the misguided parent.

[/quote]

That''s because in my friend Mr Carrow''s [8-|][*] world....

Life is never what it seems,
He’s always searching in his dreams,
To find those little castles in the air!
When worry starts to cloud his mind,
It''s hard to leave it all behind,
An'' just pretend he hasn''t got a care!

There''s another club in his imagination,
He wishes that we were standin'' in their shoes
He''d change our board without much hesitation
But would he if he really had to choose?

So, don''t look around,
Get your feet on the ground,
It''s much better by far
To be just who we are!

The other man''s grass is always greener,
The sun shines brighter on the other side!
The other man''s grass is always greener,
Some are lucky, some are not,
Just be thankful for what we''ve got!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The key words in my post are "again", ie. it`s been happening over a number of years and "concrete offers", ie. offers publically acknowledged by both clubs.  Nothing to do with possibilities, just reality.  A better effort than usual though.......[Y]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The key words in my post are "again", ie. it`s been happening over a number of years and "concrete offers", ie. offers publically acknowledged by both clubs.  Nothing to do with possibilities, just reality.  A better effort than usual though.......[Y]

[/quote]

Maybe Nigel is correct Mr. Carrow and you are deluding yourself with "castles in air". If your post input has  nothing to do with possibilities then why do you use terminology like "seem to be?" You really must try harder.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe Nigel is correct Mr. Carrow and you are deluding yourself with "castles in air". If your post input has  nothing to do with possibilities then why do you use terminology like "seem to be?" You really must try harder.

[/quote]

YC, Burnleys bid for Paterson has been declined publically by Scunthorpe, and Cole has turned down a contract offer as publically stated by the club.  Russell is a rumour. So that`s two facts and one possibilty.  Why don`t you research these things before making yourself look silly?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Pretty much explains why the club were sat in league one for a few years then... bankrupt.

[quote]

YC, Burnleys bid for Paterson has been declined publically by Scunthorpe, and Cole has turned down a contract offer as publically stated by the club.  Russell is a rumour. So that`s two facts and one possibilty.  Why don`t you research these things before making yourself look silly?[/quote]

They haven''t actually bought anyone yet though, have they ?

Mr. Carrow, my input is always well thought out, which you would realise if you pay attention. My comments were focused on YOUR input, YOUR words ( "seem to", "chatting to a Forest colleague at work", bigging up the POSSIBLE spend of others when they haven''t actually spent it and then offering up "these are the sort of people we want on the Board at NCFC" ). I do not say this lightly but, please tell me, why don''t you actually find one of these other clubs you admire so much and then support them. You could then spend your days filled with positive input, thereby feeling good about yourself, your environment, fellow fans. Life would be wonderful as compared with this cloud of doom that you dwell under, while feeling duty bound to share your doom and gloom with as many NCFC fans as frequently as you can. Are you Barry Skipper in disguise? You do appear to have a behaviour toward the NCFC board that is malevolent compared to the average discontented poster.   

It is a bit misleading saying we cant compete... Burnley have bid 500k which is 300k less then what we bid in the summer. Maybe Roeder has just gone off it.