Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Interesting figures!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I assume it`s every clubs total wage bill nutty, if it`s not then the disparity would be even greater.  What the figures prove is that wages have gone up nowhere near as much as income in recent years, and as we all know that extra income hasn`t gone on transfer fees the only question to ask is what it was spent on.

As for parachute payments, we were told the players had tiered contracts- one level for Prem, one for parachute payments and one for when they run out- so that shouldn`t come into it.

To be fair though, blah is right that the wages/turnover percentage will be higher in this financial year without the parachute payments, but it lends a lie to claims that the board were trying to be competitive on the pitch in the two years we had them- particularly bearing in mind the big transfer profits in that period.

[/quote]

I assume it would be every clubs total wage bill too Mr Carrow. But surely we only know the breakdown of our clubs staff costs so any comparison with other clubs is only guesswork. And I still feel that the only fair comparison to make on these figures would be between us, Southampton and Palace. My point about the parachute payments was that they increase the turnover figure and not about wages. As you and Blah rightly say the percentage should  be much higher in the financial year that ends this weekend.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Percy Negative"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="bunny"]Funny that, really ties in well with the "We''re close to administration" crowd.....[/quote]

Lol there will be tons of people on this website with egg on their faces come the start of the season, [/quote]

Only person wearing egg on his face has to be Mr. Doncaster who perpetually tells us we''ve no money.

You two seem pleased that we''ve made a 10% profit, I''m not!

Imagine where we''d be if we had reinvested the bulk of this 10%  profit in the playing team each year?

The only winners when we make a profit are the Revenue and erm The shareholders.

[/quote]

great post!

So come on then ellis and Bunny... why does our rubbish squad, mismanagement and spiffing Hotel mean we were in a relegation fight last season?

It doesnt matter how much money u have its how u use it!

jas :)

[/quote]

I won''t answer your question because that''s not what this topic is about, you seem to have gone off on somewhat of a tangent. I merely pointed out that we (judging by those figures) are in a very healthy financial state and nowhere near administration as some believe.

[/quote]

And I was merely pointing out that last Summer we could for example have offered the full asking rate for a million pound striker and paid his wages for the rest of the financial year with that £1.9 million profit and still broken even.

Maybe this time next year we''ll still be here arguing that 2008''s profit would have paid for Martin Taylor, who knows? But it is fact that every time we''ve made a profit we''ve let effectively a "free" player slip away.

The reason we''re making a profit is that we are so reluctant to spend on the pitch. I''m not advocating throwing millions upon millions at playing staff but a steady percentage would be nice.

but profit isnt realy much to go by

eg

£100 + 10 % profit = £110 = 10 pounds more

£1 000 000 + 10% = £1100000 one hundred thousand more

my point is if you dont have much in the first place your profet dosnt really matter

[quote user="The Great Revival. "]

NCFC in profit. An article from today''s newspaper.

Rank              Club             Operating profit ''06/''07  Margin

1                  Man Utd         66.0                                31%

2                  Arsenal           33.1                                 19%

3                  Spurs              29.7                                29%

4                  Liverpool         20.7                                15%

5                  Reading           10.1                               20%

6                  Sheff Utd         5.3                                 14%

7                  Watford          3.1                                 10%

8                  Newcastle      2.6                                   3%

9                  NORWICH   1.9                                  8%

10                Sheff Wed      0.6                                 5%   

Overall  NCFC were the twelfth  most profitable club over a five year period with a 10.9% PROFIT margin.                                     

[/quote]

Could everybody print this off and send to the Board (on a daily basis) with accompanying letter requesting some money be spent on the squad for next season!

That operating profit figure (the £1.9m) doesn''t include our interest payments and several other things.  After you take those into account our actual profit was £90,529.  Which gives a rather more accurate figure of how much profit we make (i.e. effectively nothing)

[quote]After you take those into account our actual profit was £90,529.  Which gives a rather more accurate figure of how much profit we make (i.e. effectively nothing) [/quote]

Funny how Mr Carrow has the accounts, and has never felt the need to mention this.

Guess it doesn''t fit with his world-view ?

source http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_norwich.htm

2006/07 results for the club released in September 2007 showed that Norwich City Football Club finances were heading into a "challenging" period after profits fell from £2.4m to £100,000 despite £8.4m from the Football League and Premier League ''parachute'' payments given to relegated clubs. However, the latter ends this season, leaving Norwich facing a reduction of £7m in their income for 2007/08. "We are now in an extremely challenging position," said Norwich City''s chief executive Neil Doncaster. "The environment for clubs, like ourselves, who are trying to compete with in the Championship without these parachute payments is very difficult indeed." NCFC turnover was posted at £23.8m, while gate receipts increased by £100,000 to £7.7m due to increased season ticket revenue. Profit on player trading fell from £6.2m to £2,5m, but wage bill for the squad was cut by £1.6m.

So the truth is that with a full house each week, £7m parachute payments, £1.6m reductions in wages and a £2.5m profit from player sales we made approx £100,000 profit in 2006-2007 as confirmed by Mr. Carra.

Can anyone else see the potential for disaster when you remove the £7m, the £2.5m and the £1.6m from the equation for year 2007-8?

What have we plugged the gap with?

£2m loan from the Turners. £400k from the restaurant, bugger all from the hotel, bugger all from land deals, a small profit on player trading and a further tightening of the belts all round. (Well nearly all round) all helps but cannot possibly be nearly enough.

£20,000,000+ in debt and likely making a substantial loss this year, it''s little wonder the kitmans packed his bags for the last time.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]After you take those into account our actual profit was £90,529.  Which gives a rather more accurate figure of how much profit we make (i.e. effectively nothing) [/quote]

Funny how Mr Carrow has the accounts, and has never felt the need to mention this.

Guess it doesn''t fit with his world-view ?

[/quote]

Rubbish. Evidence please?  The club have made a combined POST-tax profit of about £9m in the last three financial years and that is after interest payments etc. have been taken out.  As the club made another big transfer profit in `06-`07, sold out of season-tickets, had a wage bill way below average and received £8.4m tv money maybe people like you should start focussing on what on earth the club did with all that extra income to turn such a tiny profit......?

[quote user="Percy Negative"]

source http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats2/eng_norwich.htm

2006/07 results for the club released in September 2007 showed that Norwich City Football Club finances were heading into a "challenging" period after profits fell from £2.4m to £100,000 despite £8.4m from the Football League and Premier League ''parachute'' payments given to relegated clubs. However, the latter ends this season, leaving Norwich facing a reduction of £7m in their income for 2007/08. "We are now in an extremely challenging position," said Norwich City''s chief executive Neil Doncaster. "The environment for clubs, like ourselves, who are trying to compete with in the Championship without these parachute payments is very difficult indeed." NCFC turnover was posted at £23.8m, while gate receipts increased by £100,000 to £7.7m due to increased season ticket revenue. Profit on player trading fell from £6.2m to £2,5m, but wage bill for the squad was cut by £1.6m.

So the truth is that with a full house each week, £7m parachute payments, £1.6m reductions in wages and a £2.5m profit from player sales we made approx £100,000 profit in 2006-2007 as confirmed by Mr. Carra.

Can anyone else see the potential for disaster when you remove the £7m, the £2.5m and the £1.6m from the equation for year 2007-8?

What have we plugged the gap with?

£2m loan from the Turners. £400k from the restaurant, bugger all from the hotel, bugger all from land deals, a small profit on player trading and a further tightening of the belts all round. (Well nearly all round) all helps but cannot possibly be nearly enough.

£20,000,000+ in debt and likely making a substantial loss this year, it''s little wonder the kitmans packed his bags for the last time.

[/quote]

It  would appear that we dealt with the potential for disaster better than Southampton though. Does anyone know if Palarse have dealt with it?

This just proves what I''ve been saying for a while now - We are very well run in every department except the football side which is what we all want more than anything!

Get the football side right and then watch the club take off!