Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

which is bigger the club or the player?

Right, I know people have opinions on this, and its a message board, but hucks has gone, and no matter what we say about how he was treated or why he should''ve stayed, is that fact gonna change.people are getting distracted about this, and its beginning to look like people care more about hucks than what the team does from here.I know I''ll get comments now saying I''m an idiot, and frankly I am, supporting norwich for 27 years does that to you, but please consider, is hucks bigger than the club? we''ll all still be there in august, like the silly prats we are, and should be getting behind the boys, now, then and in the future.

Totally agree with the sentimentality of this post.  No one player will ever be bigger than the club. At the end of the day, Huckerby has moved on - and Roeder has done it for the good of Norwich City FC.

Only time will tell whether this is the case.

This is not a case of a player being bigger than the club, more the club being big enough to give him the send off he deserves, but i put this too you is the board bigger than the club, because the fans will still be there when this lot have gone.

[quote user="National Express super guard"]Right, I know people have opinions on this, and its a message board, but hucks has gone, and no matter what we say about how he was treated or why he should''ve stayed, is that fact gonna change.
people are getting distracted about this, and its beginning to look like people care more about hucks than what the team does from here.
I know I''ll get comments now saying I''m an idiot, and frankly I am, supporting norwich for 27 years does that to you, but please consider, is hucks bigger than the club?
we''ll all still be there in august, like the silly prats we are, and should be getting behind the boys, now, then and in the future.
[/quote]

Totally agree with what you''re saying.

[quote user="National Express super guard"]the board are annoying little gits with the money to make changes, I don''t, so alas I''ll just be sitting there in august giving the club more money, just ride out the bad times, if they go!!!
[/quote]

Those "annoying little gits" as you call them have invested millions of pounds into the club and you should be grateful that they have and there is every chance that without them there would be no club!

Yes they may make mistakes, and show me a club where this hasn''t happened, but they also gets things right.

As for Huckerby, I''m not sorry to see him go. He was an OK player but with his injury problems, lack of pace and large wage packet, it was the right decision to dispense with him.

I don''t think anyone in the right mind here thinks Huckerby is bigger than the club itself, the majority of City fans have made a big deal out of him leaving the club because of his quality, passion and comitment for the club, of course it will blow over soon but if anyone deserves to be made a fuss of it''s him.

Always the club, players come, players go but, normally the club is still there. I see peopl will use the board are crap in every post. Lets Milan in, done well at Leicester ain''t he?

The concern is not just about Hucks but about the club - what does his departure and the way it was handled say about the way our club is being run and our hopes for the future?