Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Interview with Darren Huckerby

Darren Huckerby is the best player we have had since Martin Peters. He was our only real match winner and  is still a star in the league we are stuck in. Of course he''s had some off days who hasn''t? The fact is that he is irreplaceable for a club like us.If Darren chose to, he could go to virtually any club in the Champonship and you can be sure he''d tear us to shreds next season. We need to thank our lucky stars that he doesn''t want to do that to us.I believe that Glenn Roeder has made

a huge error of judgement.This is the worst decision since Worthy sold Malky and it leaves the same nasty taste in the mouth.Can Roeder avoid relegation next season too? It''s a terrible start and he''s going to have to work some miracles at this rate.Martin

He did look very distant in that interview....and if he really does check these boards then I want to say:

Thank You Darren, for 5 great years!

I''ve listened to loads of people say ''He''s been rubbish this season'' etc, but people have to remember he has struggled with a hip/groin injury since pre-season. Plus he could have left us on numeous occasions for a number of clubs but he said no and stayed with us and remained loyal to us...which is more than can be said for some ex-players who have jumped ship as soon as they got a better offer.
I just hope Glenn knows what he''s doing releasing Hucks

[quote user="Natalie "]

He did look very distant in that interview....and if he really does check these boards then I want to say:

I''ve listened to loads of people say ''He''s been rubbish this season'' etc, but people have to remember he has struggled with a hip/groin injury since pre-season. Plus he could have left us on numeous occasions for a number of clubs but he said no and stayed with us and remained loyal to us...which is more than can be said for some ex-players who have jumped ship as soon as they got a better offer.I just hope Glenn knows what he''s doing releasing Hucks

[/quote]He''s not the player he was.  He''s not part of the future of Norwich City.  He was a great player when he came here but age and the game has taken it''s toll.   God, if you lot were in charge of City, we''d still have Peters, Paddon, Stringer et al playing - because they were great servants to the club.Yes his exit hasn''t been handled in the best of fashions but this hysterical reaction to his departure really grates and makes a lot of the posters on here look really rather silly.

Dear DarrenYou won me a fair bit of money back in 2003 when, against the odds, you signed from Man City. Even better was the fact that you assisted in us in winning the championship, which paid out well for the bet I had put on in October. Your moments of magic are far too many to list but for me your goal against Birmingham has to be one of my absolute favourites, especially as my partners Father is a Blues fan.My Mum too, is totally gutted about the way your departure has been announced and we came close to telling them to stick the season tickets. Carol has sent you a card c/o NCFC, she works in a card shop in Holt so perhaps you could say hello to her the next time you are in Holt!? She needs cheering up!I am still hoping that Glenn realises that he has made a monumental mistake and that you sign for another season. Best wishesChris

I can still remember boxing day. There were so many rumours that Hucks was not coming, me and my mate were walking to the ground and it was like this buzz went around the streets that he had, I still did not want to believe it. Then we heard it on the radio, I think. Got into the ground and was a special night.

It is like Liverpool signing Torres and Chelsea signing Lampard, he was that good and that important.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"][quote user="Natalie "]

I''ve listened to loads of people say ''He''s been rubbish this season'' etc, but people have to remember he has struggled with a hip/groin injury since pre-season. Plus he could have left us on numeous occasions for a number of clubs but he said no and stayed with us and remained loyal to us...which is more than can be said for some ex-players who have jumped ship as soon as they got a better offer.I just hope Glenn knows what he''s doing releasing Hucks

[/quote]He''s not the player he was.  He''s not part of the future of Norwich City.  He was a great player when he came here but age and the game has taken it''s toll.   God, if you lot were in charge of City, we''d still have Peters, Paddon, Stringer et al playing - because they were great servants to the club.Yes his exit hasn''t been handled in the best of fashions but this hysterical reaction to his departure really grates and makes a lot of the posters on here look really rather silly.[/quote]"Peters, Paddon, Stringer et al" - Ah! you must mean all the other

great players who played beyond the age of 31, surprised you didn''t

throw Dion''s name in there as well. What''s that you were saying about 

posters looking rather silly?

I think most of us agree that we did want him to sign, but most of the people are upset of his treatment. The proof of the pudding as they say, will be in the new left winger. I hope for our, the clubs and GR''s sake, he does not just rely on Patty and Eagle. I have said before that GR likes to have a 4-4-2, but he likes to have one of the wingers pull in to the centre and make a 3.

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"][quote user="Natalie "]

I''ve listened to loads of people say ''He''s been rubbish this season'' etc, but people have to remember he has struggled with a hip/groin injury since pre-season. Plus he could have left us on numeous occasions for a number of clubs but he said no and stayed with us and remained loyal to us...which is more than can be said for some ex-players who have jumped ship as soon as they got a better offer.
I just hope Glenn knows what he''s doing releasing Hucks

[/quote]

He''s not the player he was.  He''s not part of the future of Norwich City.  He was a great player when he came here but age and the game has taken it''s toll.   God, if you lot were in charge of City, we''d still have Peters, Paddon, Stringer et al playing - because they were great servants to the club.

Yes his exit hasn''t been handled in the best of fashions but this hysterical reaction to his departure really grates and makes a lot of the posters on here look really rather silly.
[/quote]

Please dont use Graham Paddons name to have a cheap shot at City fans

Hang on a minute, I replied to Archer and gave him a challenge.

Wonder of wonders - he''s billy big boy''d a load of nonsense about Hucks.Obviously is a thick binner and hasn''t replied to my response to his nonsensical comments.

Come on big mouth - How''s about bit Double Prat!!!

Oh bgtw Plastic Scouser. Your signature at the end of your pathetic messages is a threat to my privacy.

Please let me know what all that is a about and i will meet you personally to sort the problem.

Prat!

all i want to say it that, i goin to miss u darren huckerby

i loved watchin u at the training ground me and melanie was always up there also im was very fankfull for u givin me and melanie a hot cocolate that day it was freezing cold

u were and always will be the best, the happy one and a great person all the sweet memories i will neva forget  lousie XX

I was finking. If you''re that upset you could come and watch me at work. I''d give you more than a hot chocolate! You could have an ice cweam as well. How fankfull would you be then??

[quote user="komakino"]On arrival, Huckerby was brilliant and that will never be forgotten [and through no fault of his own consequently made Drury from being one of the best full backs in the league, to one of the worst]. [/quote]

Drury was never one of the best full backs in the league, and never will be either.

[quote user="FatboySlimfast"]I was finking. If you''re that upset you

could come and watch me at work. I''d give you more than a hot

chocolate! You could have an ice cweam as well. How fankfull would

you be then??[/quote]

Ha ha, good post [:)] Hot chocolate and cream work very well......

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh bgtw Plastic Scouser. Your signature at

the end of your pathetic messages is a threat to my privacy.

Please let me know what all that is a about and i will meet you

personally to sort the problem.

Prat![/quote]

err, are you for real? Why is his signature a threat to your privacy? Does anyone who disagrees with you get offered out? [:^)]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oh bgtw Plastic Scouser. Your signature at

the end of your pathetic messages is a threat to my privacy.

Please let me know what all that is a about and i will meet you

personally to sort the problem.

Prat![/quote]

err, are you for real? Why is his signature a threat to your privacy? Does anyone who disagrees with you get offered out? [:^)][/quote]I think you will find Bury Yellow was offering Plastic Scouser out, not because he''s necessarily a threat, he was offering him out because he''s a prat, that''s if I read the post correctly, obviously I could have read that wrongly and Plastic Scouser could be a threat as well as a prat

That Danasoft image is pretty harmless,the script is generated from the danasoft site and is to show what sort of information your computer exchanges everytime it views an embeded image.

Go to http://www.danasoft.com/ for more info, unless you''re paranoid in which case disconnect the computer from the wall and challenge the nearest person to a fist fight.