Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Are you ok City Angel?

I just hope the emotion of Huckerby going round the pitch for one last time (potentially) wasn''t too much for you! Did yoiu have the tissues on standby?!

It will be a shame if that is the last we see of Huckerby, i still think he has enough to offer and am hoping that now we are safe Roeder gets the contracts sorted

All together now CA....

12 HUCK-ER-BYS.....

he''ll be back next season.... with Sunderland... might even stick some cash on him to skin Semmy and score the winner ;) :p

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he''ll be back next season.... with Sunderland... might even stick some cash on him to skin Semmy and score the winner ;) :p

[/quote]

No chance

One thing i''m sure of is that he''ll never ever play against us again.

I think the US beckons.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Also Sunderland appear to be staying up, so I wouldn''t put any money on that game happening.

Yes I''m fine Huddy, glad that we won and glad that we''re safe but a bit upset to seeing Hucks look so dejected after the game. I hope they offer him another year but from his body language would guess that our love affair with him is over.

Shame because I think he''s got another year left in him but what do I know [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes I''m fine Huddy, glad that we won and glad that we''re safe but a bit upset to seeing Hucks look so dejected after the game. I hope they offer him another year but from his body language would guess that our love affair with him is over.

Shame because I think he''s got another year left in him but what do I know [:D]

[/quote]

Gone, but certainly not forgotton i''m sure!

I agree, he''s certainly worth another year.

No Jas, I don''t think he will stay but I also don''t think he will go to Sunderland, and even if he did go there I reckon Sunderland are staying up so I wouldn''t put a bet on it if were you.

todays performance is why we HAVE to sign him up! he was back to his dazzling best and if he goes he will be extremely difficult to replace at this level.

If anyone with within the management team can come up with a better replacement, then I for one, will be really looking forward to next season.

In reality they can''t and the board would be unlikely to fund anyone who could come close to Hucks. Still, eh, what do we the mere fans know. I am glad we were able to at least see him play his part in a very good game and make some of his classic runs. We are going to miss you Hucks.

Part of me wonders, will he be able to stay - I am convinced he will if he''s asked.

CA, don''t give up. We the fans sent out a strong message today. If the board want to have someone committed, back to fitness and a player full of inspiration and commitment then they know what to do. If however they want to play the loan game then I guess it''s all over for Hucks.

He looked really down, yes, but then we don''t know for sure there won''t be some talking in the weeks ahead. And what do you mean what do you know? A hell of a lot more than some of his detractors, that''s for sure.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]CA are you also jealous that somebody in the snake pit got his t-shirt today :D[/quote]

Not really because I have a shirt with his name on the back which he signed at the last fans forum ''''with love from Darren xxx '''' which I''ll treasure forever. [:D]

Hear what you say Gazza but I''m not holding out much hope if I''m honest.

Id like to send out a big well done to the Snakepit for keeping the Huckerby chants going as much as you did! One of the best parts of the whole game experience for me was during the lap as Hucks came past our side of the Barclay and the Snakepit gave it a Zulu-esque ''One more year, one more year'' chant...

I think he has to stay, if not to play a major part- whih I think he will- then to be there to get a proper send off. Couldnt really be helped but most of the light was shed on Dion today

The fans have done all they can short of a protest... now we have to see if they listen

why do you all assume he will go?he does''nt know, he thought he is because they have not offered him a contract, because we may have been in league 1,where hux would be too expensive, and if he leaves, it will definitely be to the US

It would certainly be a big boost for the fans if Roeder came out next week and said that Huckerby had been signed up for another year.  There is no doubt that when fit he is a big player at Championship level, and would enhance our chances of getting to the play offs next season.  My biggest worry is that Roeder / the club will want him to take a big pay cut, and that ultimately will influence whether he is here next season.

It was sad to see Huckerby in the shadow of Dion yesterday when the players paraded round the pitch.  I know Dion has been a class player over a long period and deserved his send off,  but Huckerby has been at the centre of everything that has been good at this club over the last few seasons, and if he has to leave, then he more than anyone deserves a chance to say farewell properly.  Hopefully common sense will prevail and we will get to see his unique skills in a Canary shirt next season. Oh Huckerby, Hucker , Hucker, Huckerby!!

Huckerby wasnt in the shadow at the jarrold, he came over after dion had, and got the same ammount of respect,but hes not going to leave

[quote user="HUDDY "]

I just hope the emotion of Huckerby going round the pitch for one last time (potentially) wasn''t too much for you! Did yoiu have the tissues on standby?!

It will be a shame if that is the last we see of Huckerby, i still think he has enough to offer and am hoping that now we are safe Roeder gets the contracts sorted

All together now CA....

12 HUCK-ER-BYS.....

[/quote]

Now that I''ve slept and thought about events I''m not happy Huddy. Gibbs ahead of Russell, his team selections of late and all this no talking about contracts have pissed me off tbh.I want to look forward to next season but will it just be a team of loanees from Arsenal and like plus loads of free Bosman transfers.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="HUDDY "]

All together now CA....

12 HUCK-ER-BYS.....

[/quote]

Now that I''ve slept and thought about events I''m not happy Huddy. Gibbs ahead of Russell, his team selections of late and all this no talking about contracts have pissed me off tbh.I want to look forward to next season but will it just be a team of loanees from Arsenal and like plus loads of free Bosman transfers.

[/quote]

Calm Down CA! I sympathise with your grief. Lets give Glenda a chance to get hucks signed if he doesnt then i''ll moan. I''m a bit concerned we''ll rely to heavily on loans, but if he does what Brum did last season with Larson, Muamba and Bendtner i dont think me, u or any other fan will have much to complain about.

[quote user="silver fox"]

It would certainly be a big boost for the fans if Roeder came out next week and said that Huckerby had been signed up for another year.  There is no doubt that when fit he is a big player at Championship level, and would enhance our chances of getting to the play offs next season.  My biggest worry is that Roeder / the club will want him to take a big pay cut, and that ultimately will influence whether he is here next season.

It was sad to see Huckerby in the shadow of Dion yesterday when the players paraded round the pitch.  I know Dion has been a class player over a long period and deserved his send off,  but Huckerby has been at the centre of everything that has been good at this club over the last few seasons, and if he has to leave, then he more than anyone deserves a chance to say farewell properly.  Hopefully common sense will prevail and we will get to see his unique skills in a Canary shirt next season. Oh Huckerby, Hucker , Hucker, Huckerby!!

[/quote]

I desperately hope he isn''t off but, if he is, I agree with you that yesterday was a pretty crappy way for him to bow out. As you say, yes Dion is a great player and has been invaluable for us at points in the last couple of seasons but Huckerby is a genuine City legend!! I just hope that he is here for another year, and not just for sentimental reasons - I think we''d be completely mental to willingly get rid of a player of his class at the age of 32.  

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]He has at least another two years in him CA.  We can all see that, yet the management can''t.  Best of luck to him at Sunderland I say and at least we won''t have to worry about him scoring against us as we have no chance with this board and management in charge of ever getting to the prem.I love this club but the way he has been treated is disgusting.