Sign in to follow this  
I Know Things You Dont

Is Norwich a BIG or a small Club?

we''ve had this discusion before

likes norwich are in the band i would call the middle club

we arent big clubs, nor are we small clubs like crewe etc...

what defines big club? stadium, attendence, age stadium, league your in, percentage of stadium filled, players, fa cup run, history, recent leagues

would you say norwich are bigger than wigan? i wouldnt say they are as if player has choice either club he will choice wigan

i would say norwich have more tradition etc... does that make them bigger nowadays? or is it mainly about money

I know things you don''t: You clearly DON''T KNOW that this topic has been done to death - if you want to know thoughts on this then try the search function.

To me you''re only as good as your last season.

If you get 50 fans or 50 thousand fans, where you finish in the league is the only judge as that will tell you how consistent you have been.

To a degree, anyone can win a cup, but it''s no surprise it''s usually the big 4 as they''re the 4 biggest clubs!

[quote user="we8wba"]

what defines big club? stadium, attendence, age stadium, league your in, percentage of stadium filled, players, fa cup run, history, recent leagues

would you say norwich are bigger than wigan?

blahblah balh blah blah jibber jabber jibber jabber i talk a load of rubbish blah blah blah jibber jabber why am i even posting here blah blah wolves are great zzzzzzzzzzzzz 

i would say norwich have more tradition etc... does that make them bigger nowadays? or is it mainly about money

[/quote]

I might have known you would have been the first person to reply to this topic

Norwich City football club has the potential to be a top 10 Premiership outfit on a regular basis.

Our fanbase and regular big crowds home and away have been amazing considering we''ve not had a really good season and league finish since the Championship campaign in 2003/04. In the future when funds allow we definately should be looking to increase ground capacity to at least 35,000 cause we''d certainly fill it during successful times.

The whole club on the non football side is run really and is geared for the Premiership. The only thing thats been missing is a little bit of ambition on the footballing side. We''ve held back and/or made bad decisions on numourous occasions which has cost us badly, eg,  not giving O Neill funds not spending money on Peter Crouch or Ashton at the start of the Premiership season, keeping Worthy a year too long etc.

Its long been a stereotype to label Norwich as a small club while others who''ve not got our fanbase are seen as being bigger clubs!

I hate it when we are described as a small club cause that isn''t the case at all. Apart from the big 4 and about 6-8 more maybe there is no club bigger or with our potential. Bankrolled clubs like Blackburn, Wigon, Fulham and Readin maybe bigger in terms of league status and currently having better teams, but no way when you look at the potential and fanbase are they big enough!

It annoys me when with no disrespect clubs far smaller than us are bankrolled yet we never have been to that extent even though we have more support and more potential of a return on the millions. 

In the article she said "Smaller clubs like Norwich....." in the context of the top Prem teams. And that is a fact, unfortunately for those who like to carp and quibble. We have fewer fans, smaller stadium, lower turnover, smaller catchment, fewer trophies, fewer seasons in the top flight, fewer players, fewer toilets than each of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool. What a scandal.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Seems to me it rather depends upon whether you look at it through the eye of a pussy or the eye of a tiger.

[:^)]

OTBC

[/quote]

I thought your pussy eyeing days were long over Bly.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Seems to me it rather depends upon whether you look at it through the eye of a pussy or the eye of a tiger.

[:^)]

OTBC

[/quote]

I thought your pussy eyeing days were long over Bly.

[/quote]

No, no, Ricardo. My eyes still light up from time to time. And then again sometimes I still get all bushy tailed again.

Just like the tiger!

[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="we8wba"]

would you say norwich are bigger than wigan? i wouldnt say they are as if player has choice either club he will choice wigan

[/quote]Hmmmm. I wouldn''t say that the players choose Wigan over Norwich because of the size of the club - infact last season Jewell and some of the players were publicly complaining that not enough of the locals were turning out to support them and help them. 13,000 or similar against Arsenal is an embaressment.I think its one of these Big questions where you need to think about varying factors. For example for a club to be big, do they have to be successful? Thats one of the hardest questions and in most cases is reflected by the league. But then you would have to point out the odd ones out like Wigan whose success is only recent - over say Wolves and Norwich who have had a higher league standing for much longer.Its not an easy question to answer which is why I personally find it so hillarious that people like to bicker over it - especially where Delia is concerend where a fair few numbers of years have past since she said it . . . .