Sign in to follow this  
ruddster

Chris Sutton

Anyone know what the situation is? I heard at the weekend he was playing locally again but thought he had retired for good?

Buddhaboy what team d''you play for, Im not sure if Chris has  been to winter nets, cuz i havent, but i think hes playing again this season. As far as im aware he hasnt been playing any competetive football recently.

Seen Sutty about the place in his car...

really wish he had ended his career here before the eye trouble... he''d of scored some goals!

He never wanted to leave and has said as much in interviews.. Chase sold him behind John Deehans back, along with selling Fox, Ekoku and Robins.. there was only one way we were ever going to go after selling 4 of our best players... oh what could of been!

jas :)

I''m not sure if this is generally known or not, but I see no reason why it can''t be in the public domain. I was talking to an ex City player and manager at the weekend and it was told that Sutton was on the verge of leaving City for Man Utd in a £4M + Dion Dublin deal just before Dion broke his leg. This ended the deal, and Sutton went to Blackburn as we all know for £5M. I wonder what impact Dion would have had at City then, and whether he''d still be here now if we''d have signed him back in the mid 90s!

[quote user="HUDDY "]who do you all play cricket of then[/quote]

Norwich Union, although with Pinebanks closing I got no idea what the plan for next season is!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Seen Sutty about the place in his car...

really wish he had ended his career here before the eye trouble... he''d of scored some goals!

He never wanted to leave and has said as much in interviews.. Chase sold him behind John Deehans back, along with selling Fox, Ekoku and Robins.. there was only one way we were ever going to go after selling 4 of our best players... oh what could of been!

jas :)

[/quote]

Chris may well have said he never wanted to leave Norwich, but I''m sure he has no regrets about being one half of the deadly SAS partnership which helped Blackburn to the Premiership title in 1995. Also, I doubt if he has any regrets about the opportunities to play for Celtic and Chelsea. I think players give different answers to journalists questions, depending on which region of Britain they are in at the time. He won trophies at Blackburn and Celtic - something which would have been fairly unlikely if he had stayed on at Norwich.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="HUDDY "]who do you all play cricket of then[/quote]

Norwich Union, although with Pinebanks closing I got no idea what the plan for next season is!

[/quote]

Its a disgrace.

Norwich Union''s busy bodies help Ipswich, and then they close sport in Norwich, they really should get their priorities right!

tas valleys ground is a strange one if i remember rightly? isnt it a new(ish) club or something? memory is stetchy