Sign in to follow this  
The Huckerby Delusion

New England kit - Thoughts?

Just wondering what are peoples thoughts on the

new England away strip? I''ve got to admit I''m not too impressed, thought it looked

like  some kind of 1980''s throwback, just wondering if thats the reason

behind Roony''s dodgy barnet?[*-)]

the 80''s is cool again, it''s a retro look, I quite like it actually, in fact I hope the next time England play they all have perms and floppy fringes (remember Waddle and Hoddle - diamond lights)

Last nights game was spoilt for me by England playing in red shirts and white shorts and the opposition in white shirts, red shorts. Surely more of contrast of colours would been bettter. The players seem to have problems too judging by the amount of passes going astray.

Rant over.

[quote user="Marty"]the 80''s is cool again, it''s a retro look, I quite like it actually, in fact I hope the next time England play they all have perms and floppy fringes (remember Waddle and Hoddle - diamond lights)[/quote]I hate to say this but the ''80s were never "cool".There are two "good" periods of the ''80s. The first was the overhang from the ''70s which the weird David Bowie kinda New Romantic style stuff and then the end of the ''80s when people realised that for a few years there oversized shoulder pads and shell suits were really, really popular when they should never have been allowed to!Seriously - the ''80s were awful mainstream fashion wise. Weird barnetts like Mullets!The problem with the new away kit is that weird navy blue thing going on just bellow the weird white things going on at the collar bone! I will not be getting one that''s for sure!

I think its rubbish

Also dont think that Bentley being one of the main models isnt right because he should be too tired to do that, right?

Get a better kit for the love of life, do we really have to stick with umbro? Just because theyre English?

[quote user="Happyhammer Andy"]More money, that families have to fork out, because Jonny round the corner has got it.[/quote]Nobody has to fork out anything. Say no. Does ''em good.Horrible kit though I applaud the switch to red and white, never understood the Navy and white..... anyone know why it was our first kit for so long?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Marty"]the 80''s is cool again, it''s a retro look, I quite like it actually, in fact I hope the next time England play they all have perms and floppy fringes (remember Waddle and Hoddle - diamond lights)[/quote]

I hate to say this but the ''80s were never "cool".

There are two "good" periods of the ''80s. The first was the overhang from the ''70s which the weird David Bowie kinda New Romantic style stuff and then the end of the ''80s when people realised that for a few years there oversized shoulder pads and shell suits were really, really popular when they should never have been allowed to!

Seriously - the ''80s were awful mainstream fashion wise. Weird barnetts like Mullets!

The problem with the new away kit is that weird navy blue thing going on just bellow the weird white things going on at the collar bone! I will not be getting one that''s for sure!
[/quote]

Tell you what, that would be an interesting choice of kit, a David Bowie inspired ziggy stardust kit!

Who cares about the kit? Its the guys inside them that counts. Last time I saw them play they were a bunch of overpaid.............................well, you can guess the rest!