Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Player Ratings - Norwich v Leicester

[quote user="sam"]

i wasn''t at the game today so maybe i am not as correct as some of you, but:

• If it was a 0-0 draw, how did norwich get so many good ratings??
  • Fotheringham has got 7''s all round, despite the fact that most people are saying it wasn''t one of his best games!!
  • If Dublin missed all these chances, how does he get 7''s and 8''s??

the fact is norwich didn''t win 3 or 4 nil, because they have no strikers with a killer instinct to stick most of the chances away, i''m not having a go here but can someone enlighten me??

[/quote]My lord what a pathetic post. So you werent at the Leicester game, what a surprise. And what ridiculous comments you have made.If you were at the game saturday you would have seen the best 1st half of the season and the most dominant 90 mins weve played since the 5-1 drubbing of Barnsley last season. Regardless of the 0-0 scoreline.Please dont post again, unless you have actually attended a Norwich City football match and can make a sensible contribution to the posts.

[quote user="sam"]

bloomin heck, it sounds like norwich might have given man utd a game today the way you lot are talking them up

i see words like phenominal and breathtaking but yet you didn''t score, oh dear

[/quote]Finally the truth is revealed. You arent actually a Norwich fan are you? That explains it, didnt go to the Leicester game, doesnt rate Fotheringham. Your a bloody binner arent you?

[quote user="BarclayMan artist formerly known as BarclayBoy"]

Thanks Sing Up The River End for finally giving an accurate rating for Fozzy, i thought he was superb, all Croftys good work was engineered by Fozzy, and Semmy. As usual was involved in every 50/50 goin and kept the ball for us, kept the tempo high with a great mixture of simple keep-ball passes mixed with creative forward passes. Fotheringham was excellent on saturday, thats the best i ve seen him play, and the 1st half was the best Norwich have played all season, and it was all down to Fozzy and Crofty. Got stuck in played it simple to maintain possession where necessary and took a risk with a creative forward pass when the time was right. Great passing, great tackling, great corners and as usual 110% energy and committment.

Where Fozzy excels is 90% of the time the decision he makes and the pass he chooses to make is the right one, whether it be a 5 yard pass to Semmy, back to Doc or a creative forward pass into the channels, he is really dictating how we play now and taking games by the scruff of the neck.

I guarantee 100% if it werent for Fozzy we wouldnt have been half as good on saturday. He gets the best out of our attacking players, and demands that we play a high tempo with quick passing, utilising our quick wingers Crofty and Bertrand.

Isnt he such a better captain than Shackell and Drury ever have been?

[/quote]

I was really impressed with Fozzy on Saturday and the fact that Glenn has made him captain shows you exactly the type of football he wants us to be playing. Having a player such as that in the middle goes some way to ensuring that you play they type of crisp and sharp passing game that has been missing from Carrow Road for far too long. Hardly ever gave the ball away and was always available for a pass from his team mates. I had not seen a huge amount of Fozzy before Saturday but I was very impressed and hope he keeps up those standards.

Now on to the negatives, come on there has to be some [;)]. If we''re to pose more of an attacking threat I think we need to do one of two things. We either need to push Fozzy ten yards further forward so his crisp and incisive passing can be done nearer the oppositions goal, or we need to find a goalscoring midfielder in the Francis/Etuhu mould to partner him. Darel Russell''s a trier who always gives 100% effort but he''s very rarely offers a goalscoring threat. If Fozzy played further forward and offered this threat himself then that wouldn''t be a problem but he seems to have settled in into the role of of the link man between defence and attack, often playing 10-20 yards either side of the halfway line. He clearly excels in this role but we need to get one of our central midfielders in the penalty area more often. Especially if we''re playing with two wingers such as Croft and Bertrand who are looking to get crosses into the box.

I was seriously impressed with Bertrand as well by the way, he is going to turn into to some player. Is he here for the rest of the season?

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

He''s a Leeds fan isn''t he?

[/quote]You know, that explains SO much.[/quote]Big Fat DITTO

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I was seriously impressed with Bertrand as well by the way, he is going to turn into to some player. Is he here for the rest of the season?

[/quote]

Yep.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="BarclayMan artist formerly known as BarclayBoy"]Thanks Sing Up The River End for finally giving an accurate rating for Fozzy, i thought he was superb, all Croftys good work was engineered by Fozzy, and Semmy. As usual was involved in every 50/50 goin and kept the ball for us, kept the tempo high with a great mixture of simple keep-ball passes mixed with creative forward passes. Fotheringham was excellent on saturday, thats the best i ve seen him play, and the 1st half was the best Norwich have played all season, and it was all down to Fozzy and Crofty. Got stuck in played it simple to maintain possession where necessary and took a risk with a creative forward pass when the time was right. Great passing, great tackling, great corners and as usual 110% energy and committment. Where Fozzy excels is 90% of the time the decision he makes and the pass he chooses to make is the right one, whether it be a 5 yard pass to Semmy, back to Doc or a creative forward pass into the channels, he is really dictating how we play now and taking games by the scruff of the neck.I guarantee 100% if it werent for Fozzy we wouldnt have been half as good on saturday. He gets the best out of our attacking players, and demands that we play a high tempo with quick passing, utilising our quick wingers Crofty and Bertrand. Isnt he such a better captain than Shackell and Drury ever have been?[/quote]

I was really impressed with Fozzy on Saturday and the fact that Glenn has made him captain shows you exactly the type of football he wants us to be playing. Having a player such as that in the middle goes some way to ensuring that you play they type of crisp and sharp passing game that has been missing from Carrow Road for far too long. Hardly ever gave the ball away and was always available for a pass from his team mates. I had not seen a huge amount of Fozzy before Saturday but I was very impressed and hope he keeps up those standards.

Now on to the negatives, come on there has to be some [;)]. If we''re to pose more of an attacking threat I think we need to do one of two things. We either need to push Fozzy ten yards further forward so his crisp and incisive passing can be done nearer the oppositions goal, or we need to find a goalscoring midfielder in the Francis/Etuhu mould to partner him. Darel Russell''s a trier who always gives 100% effort but he''s very rarely offers a goalscoring threat. If Fozzy played further forward and offered this threat himself then that wouldn''t be a problem but he seems to have settled in into the role of of the link man between defence and attack, often playing 10-20 yards either side of the halfway line. He clearly excels in this role but we need to get one of our central midfielders in the penalty area more often. Especially if we''re playing with two wingers such as Croft and Bertrand who are looking to get crosses into the box.

[/quote]Really good point made Shack Attack, Russell does put in 110% but he just isnt a scorer, which is strange because he got a few for Stoke in his time there. I cant help but think how better we''d be with Fozzy and Francis. We really do need more goals from centre midfield. And the rest of the team for that matter, that might take a bit of pressure off the forwards.Altho having said that they should be able to handle the pressure, i play up front for my team and i know im the one expected to score the goals, i dont expect any help from the rest of my team at all, which is just as well cause they never bloody chip in!, but our strikers know there job too and there not really doing the business so we need the rest of the team to chip in. Starting with centre midfield.Look at how many premier league teams score goals from midfield? Ronaldo, Gerrard, Lampard etc. We need to start doing the same.

[quote]
Look at how many premier league teams score goals from midfield? Ronaldo, Gerrard, Lampard etc. We need to start doing the same.
[/quote]

Well hopefully GR is lining up an attackign midfielder. I don''t see Fozzy as a huge goalscoring threat, to me he''s similar to Safri who (other than the odd 30 yarder) didnt threaten the scoresheet but was usually deeper spreading the play. Russel and Pattison are both industry midfielders, so our winger(s) (Croft in this form) is the only midfielder comfortable going into the box. Etuhu showed flashes but we havent replaced Francis for this. I don''t think GR is a "square pegs round hole" manager; cant see him trying to mould Fozzy into something he''s not when he''s been so good making us tick, as you say.

[quote user="sam"]

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Croft   8   Ive been his biggest critic

[/quote]

i wouldn''t be to sure about that, i don''t rate him at all and one good performance won''t change my mind about him, i think he is very poor (not in the sense that he doesn''t have lots of money)

[/quote]

Once again, you haven''t seen him this season so why do you think anyone is interested in this drivel?  

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Fellas"]

Doherty - 8 - Very good. Not a fan of the docs, but he played very well today

[/quote]

In my opinion he''s as good as any centreback in this league at the moment.

[/quote]

slight exaggeration he has improved greatly but is nowhere near as good as shawcross, cort amongst others

[quote user="macdougall''s perm"][quote user="sam"]

Once again, you haven''t seen him this season so why do you think anyone is interested in this drivel?  

[/quote]

er, yes i have actually, just because i gave up my season ticket doesn''t mean i still don''t go to some of the games, also i saw him last season, and he was awful, what about that miss at Chelsea in the FA cup, oh dear

[quote user="Adam_Newcastle_Fan"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Fellas"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

slight exaggeration he has improved greatly but is nowhere near as good as shawcross, cort amongst others

[/quote]

"Nowhere near as good as Shawcross, Cort..." is what you''d call an exaggeration

If Shawcross was anything special how come Man Utd weren''t too fussed about letting him go?

And although I''ve always liked Leon Cort the fact he can only get a move sideways rather than up suggests he''s at the right level for him.

Gary Doherty has played more games at a higher level than both of those two put together. That should tell you something.

[quote user="Adam_Newcastle_Fan"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Fellas"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t say if he is much better than Cort or Shawcross etc, as I have not seen them play, apart from fleeting appearances on TV, I''m pretty sure you would not have seen too much of any of them, how would you know if the Doc is better? Do you watch him? Or do you rely on what is said here and other sites?