Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

What a nice gesture

David Murphy, Birminghams new £1.5 million left back has donated his signing on fee to Hibs as thanks for the last 3 years at the club.

What a refreshing change in these days of greedy, self-indulgent prima donnas. And he''s not even Scottish. He''s English.

Brightened my day reading something like that. Nice 1 David. 

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]what a nice bloke........Do you know how much it was?[/quote]

About £150,000. Full story on news now football. (Type in murphy in the search)

yep wonderful bloke...

greedy Tosser why have a signing on fee in the first place?!?!?! ok so he has left it to his old club.. why not a kids home or a chairty? why do footballers need a signing on fee? is it really that hard to pick up a pen and write your name....

jas :)

Makes a refreshing change to the likes of John Terry moaning that he isn''t the highest paid football in Chelsea, I''d like to slap some since into him, my mum is a full time carer for my brother who has learning disabilities and she hardly gets £8,000 a year!

Damn some footballers!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yep wonderful bloke...

greedy Tosser why have a signing on fee in the first place?!?!?! ok so he has left it to his old club.. why not a kids home or a chairty? why do footballers need a signing on fee? is it really that hard to pick up a pen and write your name....

[/quote]Originaly it was to compensate for moving home etc (I''m that old I remember)..... but as the fees have become a tad excessive (by about a factor of 10) the 10%''s have become more and more obscene

Come on, it still is about fees for moving home.  Have you seen the size of the mansions they live in recently.  That Jermain Defoe''s house featured on A Million Pound Place In The Sun would easily have mopped up his signing on fees in agency costs and stamp duty etc!  How I laughed at the end of the show when it was announced he had split up from his girlfrind!

[quote user="shefcanary"] How I laughed at the end of the show when it was announced he had split up from his girlfrind![/quote]Ashamed to say I watched that. Wasn''t she an absolute tw*t? Funniest moment on TV this year

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="shefcanary"] How I laughed at the end of the show when it was announced he had split up from his girlfrind![/quote]

Ashamed to say I watched that. Wasn''t she an absolute tw*t? Funniest moment on TV this year
[/quote]

I remember seeing Defoe on Football Focus last tear talking about his religion, he''s a devout Christian if I remember rightly.

They must have missed out "Thou shalt leave your fiancee for the first big breasted glamour model that comes along" when I was at school [;)].

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="shefcanary"] How I laughed at the end of the show when it was announced he had split up from his girlfrind![/quote]

"Thou shalt leave your fiancee for the first big breasted glamour model that comes along"

[/quote]

That was my school motto!

[quote user="Beaker"]whoop dee doo[/quote]I''m beginning to think you only want to get rid of we8wba so that you can take over the role of ''most annoying person on forum''!!

I seem to remember that Lee Cook did the same when moving from QPR to Fulham. He is a QPR fan which was given as to one of the reasons why as well as the fact that at the time QPR were looking down the back of the directors soafa for loose change!Instead of the change they seemed to find some magic portal that shot out mega-billionaires out at them who then spontainiously showered the club in golden coins.