Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

January 31st 2008

I am dismayed by the lack of rationality and brain cells being displayed by the usual suspects over a player who never sounded keen to come here permanently in the first place.

The transfer window closes on January 31st 2008.  Midnight February 1st 2008 is the time for praise or condemnation.  We will know then who we have in the squad and can make a reasonable judgement on the funds available and how they were spent.  Until then, you can carry on running round in circles proclaiming that the sky is falling over the departure of an only slightly committed centre-half, but you''re only making yourselves look like hysterical idiots.

On the ball, City.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I am dismayed by the lack of rationality and brain cells being displayed by the usual suspects over a player who never sounded keen to come here permanently in the first place.

The transfer window closes on January 31st 2008.  Midnight February 1st 2008 is the time for praise or condemnation.  We will know then who we have in the squad and can make a reasonable judgement on the funds available and how they were spent.  Until then, you can carry on running round in circles proclaiming that the sky is falling over the departure of an only slightly committed centre-half, but you''re only making yourselves look like hysterical idiots.

On the ball, City.

[/quote]

I am in agreement with you that end of January is the time to praise or condemn.

Yet, you comment about the fans reaction to the loss of a slightly commited centre-half, he was certainly the best one we''ve had here for many a year!

I would have agreed, but reading the official site version provides some very interesting insights. I think everyone comes out of it well - except Brum, but they''re only looking after their own interests, quite naturally. Could it be a Hux situation? You never know your luck .......

I must say, though, some posters do seem to have been culled from daytime TV/ panto audiences

I understand your accusations towards the usual suspects, but it might be worth engaging a few more of your own brain cells and read the story on the official site.  It would appear Taylor VERY MUCH wants to be a Norwich player - so draw your own conclusions about the bid QPR put in.

On the ball, City.

[/quote]

On the ball, City.

[/quote]

Have you read the news today??  It seems he had his heart set on moving here.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1189875,00.html

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2179

On the ball, City.

[/quote]

Roeders comments on the Canary site give a very different view to the idea that Taylor didn''t want to come. Seems like Karen Brady just wants more money and the what the player wants is irrelevant.

[quote user="JC"]

I understand your accusations towards the usual suspects, but it might be worth engaging a few more of your own brain cells and read the story on the official site. 

[/quote]

So the Canaries official site is all spin and dishonesty, until they publish something you happen to agree with?  Wake up.

And the quote you refer to is hardly inspiring.  It basically says he came on loan, then the manager at Birmingham changed and he wanted to return, Birmingham said "no point, mate," and only then did he start to think about joining City.  He''s always been coy about it, look back through the quotes.

If its true that Taylor DID want to come here, then our only chance now is he doesn''t go to QPR (Due to not wanting to go there as reported), Birmingham become desperate and drop the price for him to come here.

This however is a long shot of some distance.

" its always the nice Percy Positives who start the name calling just because some of us dare question their perfect board "The name calling almost invariably derives from those who seem to trawl the whole media waiting for something to attack the board with.Any scrap of gossip, invented tittle tatle, baseless rumour is enough to set off theis bunge of terminal whingers.As to Taylor you don''t know the full story, you appear to have no sense........ perhaps I''ll leave it at that.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

On the ball, City.

[/quote]

Have you read the news today??  It seems he had his heart set on moving here.

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1189875,00.html

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=2179

[/quote]

Kind of sets the scene for a cheaper bid in January, if (big word for only 2 letters) Taylor refuses to move to QPR then ?

Time for a bit of player power from Tiny!! 

Despite what is suggested on My Football Writer, Brum cannot sell Tiny to QPR without his consent, cos if he refuses to sign a contract with QPR he isnt their player.  If he definitely doesnt want to live in London and is such a family man, and knows we are still interested he can insist on a deal with us a la Hucks. 

Seems to me a bit of game of chicken, see just how much Brum want to get rid of Taylor once we get to the 2nd/3rd week of January.  If we can get him for the next 2 or 3 years then a few weeks of waiting may be worthwhile.

[quote user="ricky knight"]note, its always the nice Percy Positives who start the name calling just because some of us dare question their perfect board.[/quote]

I do recall a certain pairing declaring how they will mock and ridicule anyone who doesn''t show up to their protests or hate the board as much as they do.

Karren Brady self confessed hard ass is proud of her reputation as being difficult to deal with, a trait with so many women in business, think they have something to prove.  Lets wait and see where Tiny ends up.

Really thought our Board would try to invest funds to keep us from Div 1, unless they haven''t noticed we are only a point from the bottom 3.

It must be pretty gutting to be a QPR fan in all this..! Would they still want him now given he doesn''t really want to play for them?

If the board do end up signing Taylor for 250k - 500k less than now is that prudence with ambition? [:$]