Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

chedders and curo - potentially great partnership???

both these players are smallish, but play with great heart and surprisingly win their fair share of headers, especially chedders who seems able to give flick-ons to curo where brown couldn''t.  they seem to be forming a good partnership, and are linking up well with each other.  both are natural finishers and are quick to react.  before the blades defender could even think about it yesterday, chedders was onto it in a flash, and the ball nestled in the net.  this must worry defenders, knowing they can''t afford to relax else the damage is done.  what do others think???

Great?  No.  Potentially useful, but that''s more to do with the fact Evans is obviously an unpolished gem.  I don''t think Cureton will ever be "great", he''s a useful goalscorer with a confidence problem and lacks pace.  Evans and Martin, now that might be interesting.  Good to see Martin on the bench yesterday.

all comments noted, but interestingly, what defines a ''great partnership''?  for defenders, probably its goals conceded, while forwards - goals scored.  i''d say a goal a game for a partnership probably makes it great - or 1 in 2 would be good??? dunno - any suggestions???

Its a matter of how they linked upat how many goals their partnership is worth.  I think everyone is being very harsh to Jamie, yes he has missed a few chances of late, but he is quality player who loves this club and was the championships leading scorer last year.  He had a good game although he didn''t score he chased everything and worked so hard for the cause and I know if he keeps that up the goals will flow.

cureton has been awful this season, alright to be fair under the grant reigeme he didn''t have much to feed off but now he is getting 2/3 chances per game and im sorry cureton fans but he just can''t convert them, i think dion should start with evans, but the thing with dion is the fitness we need him 100% every game he plays, what has happened to brown and strihavka, they can''t even get on the bench anymore??

I would play Dave ahead of Cureton , lower league level all his career and well out of form also , we just cannot afford to keep missing open goals .

Cureton is suffering from lack of confidence...

Also the fact that he''s crap. The guy can''t keep on-side, he''s slower and his finishing touch has gone.

Play Dion with Chedder cheese and in the January market get a new targetman in (Brown & Striker out)

[quote user="The Drop"]

I would play Dave ahead of Cureton , lower league level all his career and well out of form also , we just cannot afford to keep missing open goals .

[/quote]we can''t afford to keep missing open goals,what have his misses cost us so far?

I really wanted Jamie to do well but I think it was a mistake for him to come here at this point in his career. A one off season at Colchester and can only be rated as a bit part squad player here. Agree, another striker required in January. Hopefully we will be further up the league and in a better position to attract a quality player.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]I think the cheeseboard thread may make a comeback ....[/quote]Evans played well on Saturday, but in Sunday''s match report, I red leicester are trying to sign him and was sad.  Stil,tonight I feel much better.