Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

SMUDGER, CLUCK, WHITTLE, RICKY, TWO SHEDS AND THE REST.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

And the award for Most Pointless Post Of The Week goes to....lappinitup

I am not sure exactly what the people you list have said that is that wrong, PG was not up to the job, we are bottom of the league, we lack quality in key areas of the team, prudence has reigned over ambition.........you will be telling me next that you have seen the mythical £7m "blackhole" in our finances.

[/quote]

And this must be the most pointless post reply of the week

[quote user="HighlandLass"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

And the award for Most Pointless Post Of The Week goes to....lappinitup

I am not sure exactly what the people you list have said that is that wrong, PG was not up to the job, we are bottom of the league, we lack quality in key areas of the team, prudence has reigned over ambition.........you will be telling me next that you have seen the mythical £7m "blackhole" in our finances.

[/quote]

And this must be the most pointless post reply of the week

[/quote]

Think you will find that you have just won that accolade HighlandLass....[:P]

As per usual SOB sees logic through all the comments made by those without an ounce of common sense.... [;)]

Arthur and Ricky are genuine fans who have, to their misfortune, allowed themselves to get into bed with the wrong types.

As for Two Sheds, he too is a genuine fan but needs to avoid being sucked into the trap of a spiral of negative threads out of which there is only eternal damnation or an embarassing 1st Wiz style U turn.

Can I ask all the people named in the title of the thread whether they will be joining Smudger in cheering any goals that Ipswich score today? Or is he on his own?

The real question is....does it matter?

Nothing has changed from a week ago...and whether we lose 4-0 to Ipswich or get a a freak result it doesn''t reduce our debt...get rid of the Board or make the squad any better.

So to coin a theatrical phrase...."Quite frankly my dear....I don''t give a damn".  We have far bigger fish to fry than simply beating a very ordinary team from a town 40 odd  miles away.  It''s all about priorities...and winning or losing to Ipswich isn''t one of mine I''m afraid.

[quote user="CLUCK"]

Nothing has changed from a week ago...and whether we lose 4-0 to Ipswich or get a a freak result it doesn''t reduce our debt...get rid of the Board or make the squad any better.

So to coin a theatrical phrase...."Quite frankly my dear....I don''t give a damn".  We have far bigger fish to fry than simply beating a very ordinary team from a town 40 odd  miles away.  It''s all about priorities...and winning or losing to Ipswich isn''t one of mine I''m afraid.

[/quote]

Answer the question Cluck, did you cheer when the Scum scored?

[quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

Very well said Cluck...

I had mixed feelings today... as a point against another poor team of nobodys from down the road has done little to help our chances of survival and has just pulled the wool over the sheeps eyes for another month or two... We will still be rooted to the bottom of the table come December so what difference does today make???

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No

[/quote]

I never thought that you would Arthur because you''re a genuine fan who''s just been hurting like the rest of us.

Its Cluck I was asking the question.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No

[/quote]

I never thought that you would Arthur because you''re a genuine fan who''s just been hurting like the rest of us.

[/quote]

While I don''t usually respond to such trite nonsense...the answer is of course not.

It really shows what little grasp you have of reality when you constantly confuse dissatisfaction with the direction and ethos of the club with some kind of banal anarchy. It really is quite embarrassing to see how you have set yourself up as some kind of "beacon of light" in supporting terms...and such irrational pride usually comes before a fall.

You''ve got many years to go before you can even begin to compare your support of NCFC to my own....so I suggest you get a grip up and concentrate on your own affairs before bothering your silly little head about what others think or do.

As I''ve said before...such an obsession with Ipswich indicates that you live a very closetted existence...because once out in the real world you learn that it is just another club supported by just another bunch of supporters. They are only so important if you allow them to be....and quite simply...I don''t.

It''s called maturity.......

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="CLUCK"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t cheer CA... I did laugh though... big difference!!!

As for when we scored... I did not celebrate... just thought another few steps back in Delia packing her bags and this club really turning itself around...

Very predictable but rather sad to see many fans on here claiming that we are the pride of Anglia tonight....

Ipswich 4th in the table with us in 24th and them getting a 2-2 draw away from home... would we not laugh if their supporters were claiming the same if roles were reversed???

[quote user="Smudger"]

Ipswich 4th in the table with us in 24th and them getting a 2-2 draw away from home... would we not laugh if their supporters were claiming the same if roles were reversed???

[/quote]

To be fair this bit is entirely true.

[quote user="Smudger"]

As for when we scored... I did not celebrate... just thought another few steps back in Delia packing her bags and this club really turning itself around...[/quote]

But you did say in another post that you were going to cheer the Scum if they scored so what changed your mind , did your conscience get to you?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

As for when we scored... I did not celebrate... just thought another few steps back in Delia packing her bags and this club really turning itself around...[/quote]

But you did say in another post that you were going to cheer the Scum if they scored so what changed your mind , did your conscience get to you?

[/quote]

Why would anyone want OUR team to lose? I dont support the board i support the badge, i would never dream of supporting the opposition-unless it meant the scum would be relegated as a result.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Lappinitup, if Ipswich went bust again they could simply go bankrupt, fleece people left,right and centre and pretty much carry on as before. If we went bust we would lose our ground, land around it and training ground and would pretty much cease to exist. Just goes to show what a moronic, stupid policy it is to pump money into land, bricks and mortar at the expense of the team.[/quote]Mr Carrow. Whilst I have the greatest respect for your knowledge of NCFC finances I feel that I must take issue with you on this statement. In my (unqualified) opinion I think that you can compare business with peoples lives and surely that means building step by step. In other words, surely when a couple get married it''s wiser to pump their money into bricks and mortar and then ''build their team'' when the time is right rather than the other way round. The other way is the ''Ipswich'' way, which means relying on the council to put a roof over your head and paying rent for the rest of your life. Of course it''s harder buying your own home in the early days but the rewards come later and you have something to leave future generations.

I feel the Ipswich model is an excellent example of what might be if our board employed the same tactics (ie. throwing money at the team). They have already ripped off local businesses and now they are going to ask their shareholders to underwrite this takeover by devaluing their OWN shares by 87.5%. They are entrusting their whole future to someone they will never see, they know nothing about and they haven''t got the foggiest about his motives. And cluck says we lack credibility! I know who I would rather trust.

Please don''t remind me of the league tables because as nutty has said ''''form is only temporary''''. I know that £12m looks appealing but expensive players also come with expensive wages so just how far will £12m go? And what after that if it hasn''t worked ?

We appear to have sorted a decent manager out now so I think that the sorry state we find ouselves in at the moment can be reversed and I also think that money will be available to Roeder so hopefully by the end of the season we shall be nearer the top of the table than the bottom. 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Arthur and Ricky are genuine fans who have, to their misfortune, allowed themselves to get into bed with the wrong types.

As for Two Sheds, he too is a genuine fan but needs to avoid being sucked into the trap of a spiral of negative threads out of which there is only eternal damnation or an embarassing 1st Wiz style U turn.

[/quote]

Yes indeed i am a genuine fan Ru but to suggest I''ve got in the wrong bed is silly. I speak for myself and I''ve only been on this message board recently to express my anger in the running of this club. I was once a fan of the current board but i think they have taken us as far as they can and have ran out of ideas to take us further. If anything i believe its the likes of you who has been influenced in your way of thinking by others and not me. I will continue to express my displeasure with the current board even if we improve on the field because they have consistently proven to me that they are not capable of running a club who''s recent history deserves better. My opinion and one I''m sticking to it.

I disagree with nearly everything A Whittle says but I have no problem in defining him as a city fan. There are others on here that are really questionable. The one thing I pray for is that city fans can stay united in the stadium like we did on Sunday then I am convinced that relegation will be merely ''something that we flirted with back in November''. Then the issues of the baord can be raised when we are safe and the risk of dividing the fans any further at such a crucial time is gone. Even the most ardent board hater must agree that there is a time and a place and now is most definatley not that time!

I will come to the defense of the aforementioned and say that I do believe these people are genuine fans (Smudger/Cluck do make me wonder sometimes though). They are allowed to say what they like on here and I have no problem with that. Arthur, Twosheds, Ricardo etc I don''t have any trouble with since they allow others to say their peace too (unlike some...).

My problem is the "if you don''t agree with me then you''re one of Delias sheep" thing, usually followed by the shouting down of any contradictory post. It puts up a massive barrier when it comes to discussing anything with these people and quickly causes the topic to die. OK it can work the other way with those who won''t hear a word against the club but IMO the biggest problem is the former.

Can we all just agree that no matter what anyone says, positive or negative, we at least allow others to say their peace and discuss that view point in a civilised way?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Lappinitup, if Ipswich went bust again they could simply go bankrupt, fleece people left,right and centre and pretty much carry on as before. If we went bust we would lose our ground, land around it and training ground and would pretty much cease to exist. Just goes to show what a moronic, stupid policy it is to pump money into land, bricks and mortar at the expense of the team.[/quote]Mr Carrow. Whilst I have the greatest respect for your knowledge of NCFC finances I feel that I must take issue with you on this statement. In my (unqualified) opinion I think that you can compare business with peoples lives and surely that means building step by step. In other words, surely when a couple get married it''s wiser to pump their money into bricks and mortar and then ''build their team'' when the time is right rather than the other way round. The other way is the ''Ipswich'' way, which means relying on the council to put a roof over your head and paying rent for the rest of your life. Of course it''s harder buying your own home in the early days but the rewards come later and you have something to leave future generations.

I feel the Ipswich model is an excellent example of what might be if our board employed the same tactics (ie. throwing money at the team). They have already ripped off local businesses and now they are going to ask their shareholders to underwrite this takeover by devaluing their OWN shares by 87.5%. They are entrusting their whole future to someone they will never see, they know nothing about and they haven''t got the foggiest about his motives. And cluck says we lack credibility! I know who I would rather trust.

Please don''t remind me of the league tables because as nutty has said ''''form is only temporary''''. I know that £12m looks appealing but expensive players also come with expensive wages so just how far will £12m go? And what after that if it hasn''t worked ?

We appear to have sorted a decent manager out now so I think that the sorry state we find ouselves in at the moment can be reversed and I also think that money will be available to Roeder so hopefully by the end of the season we shall be nearer the top of the table than the bottom. 

[/quote]

But surely after 12 years of paying the morgage it gets easier not harder lappin?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

But surely after 12 years of paying the morgage it gets easier not harder lappin?

[/quote]Totally agree arthur and I think the board know that they have f........d up big time regarding their managerial decisions and how they''ve spent money since relegation. I only hope they''ve learnt from these mistakes and assuming Roeder is not a five minute wonder (ie Grant), they back him big time, first to get out of the bottom three and then for a charge up the table. That, and only that, will restore any faith in them and I think that they are totally aware of that, which is why they took so long to appoint Roeder knowing another slip-up would be the end of the road for them.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Totally agree arthur and I think the board know that they have f........d up big time regarding their managerial decisions and how they''ve spent money since relegation. I only hope they''ve learnt from these mistakes and assuming Roeder is not a five minute wonder (ie Grant), they back him big time, first to get out of the bottom three and then for a charge up the table. That, and only that, will restore any faith in them and I think that they are totally aware of that, which is why they took so long to appoint Roeder knowing another slip-up would be the end of the road for them.

[/quote]

I hope you are right with regards to GR''s appointment but its still very debateable if the time taken in appointing him was because they wanted to get it right or a cheap option. I know its negative but history would suggest they are hoping for a bit of luck and they have yet to learn from mistakes. I hope im proved wrong and on yesterdays performance things are looking better. Time will tell i guess?

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]I disagree with nearly everything A Whittle says but I have no problem in defining him as a city fan. There are others on here that are really questionable. The one thing I pray for is that city fans can stay united in the stadium like we did on Sunday then I am convinced that relegation will be merely ''something that we flirted with back in November''. Then the issues of the baord can be raised when we are safe and the risk of dividing the fans any further at such a crucial time is gone. Even the most ardent board hater must agree that there is a time and a place and now is most definatley not that time!
[/quote]

Mmmmm....like some of us are bothered about what you think.....

One spindly tree doesn''t make a forest.....

You''ve got many years to go before you can even begin to compare your support of NCFC to my own....so I suggest you get a grip up and concentrate on your own affairs before bothering your silly little head about what others think or do.

So there you go CA, consider yourself told off by yet another nonentity.

NEXT

Why did you bother replying if you didn''t you ignorant scum fan/troll/windup merchant!It is more clear today than anyother that it is your opinion people are taking with a pinch of salt and not mine!

[quote user="CLUCK"]

You''ve got many years to go before you can even begin to compare your support of NCFC to my own.... [/quote]

Is that a fact Cluck? So how do you know how many years I''ve been supporting City then or doesn''t anyone compare with you?

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]Why did you bother replying if you didn''t you ignorant scum fan/troll/windup merchant!

It is more clear today than anyother that it is your opinion people are taking with a pinch of salt and not mine!
[/quote]

Silly boy..... come back when you can string two words together and make sense.

And sorry to disappoint you CA...but I''m not remotely interested in how many years support you have. I''ll leave that to those who are bothered.... I saw my first City game in 1962 as it happens....and I feel that makes my opinion equal to any on here. I''m just not hysterical about things like the rest of you...

Now where was I?.....Oh yes...Dear Mr. Magilton..............

[quote user="CLUCK"]

I saw my first City game in 1962 as it happens....

[/quote]

And your last at Plymouth September 23rd 2006.. 46 years out does me though Nora [;)]

But it''s Plymouth on Saturday, if you''re going again this year we could maybe meet for [B] in The Brittania [Y]

[quote user="CLUCK"]

And sorry to disappoint you CA...but I''m not remotely interested in how many years support you have. I''ll leave that to those who are bothered.... I saw my first City game in 1962 as it happens....and I feel that makes my opinion equal to any on here. I''m just not hysterical about things like the rest of you...

[/quote]

So why post this then Cluck?

You''ve got many years to go before you can even begin to compare your support of NCFC to my own....

In answer to your question CA,no i didnt cheer when the scum scored. I swore and had a fit of rage!

As for this thread,have we all came to any conclusions yet?