Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

My new weekly column in the Evening news?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]1st column in tomorrows Evening news.....dont miss it!!![/quote]

as i get it free i shall have a look.. wopuldnt pay for it mind, so be greatful!

[quote user="arrdee"]

When I first read that Arto had a column in the evening news I was out of my chair like a shot , Ruth said to me "where are you off to arrdee at this time of night" I said "City Angel said Arto has a column in the evening news " " are you alright that''s a round trip of 7 miles , "I don''t care if its 700 when Arto writes I have to read it" " oh better get me one as well"  she said , I grabbed my bike out of the shed , "where are my clips" ,"could they be on your handlebars where you always leave them " ? oh arr,  I was away down the drive , cracked my head on a low growing branch, must remember  to cut that off sometime ,blood dripping down my face , out down the lane through the pagan part of the village where they still stone strangers , I cant always remember the password , Is Tues canary or city I never can remember , so I just belt out "on the ball city" as loud as I can , I hope I never hear that whistling noise as a stone is coming in because those old boys are lethal , they say they never miss . I have seen their piles of stones , round ones for long distance and half bricks for close in work .

Out on the main road , cars passing me , going like rockets , they were all after Artos column , so it proved , when I got to the Newsagents and staggered in the door , I gasped "Evening News please , "sorry sir sold out" , when I shouted "What" and when he looked up to see this blood drenched , cycle clipped vision of loveliness advancing towards him shouting "what", he threw an Evening News on the counter saying "just the one let sir"as he backed up against the wall , I didn''t care if it had Mr Pilch written on the top it was mine .

Home in a record time with a backing wind , up the drive , just missed the branch , must tell Ruth to cut that off sometime when she has a spare minute , feet up on the sofa , now for this lovely treat , Ruth will have to wait till I have finished with it , must remember to tell her not to fold it over Artos column . I looked and I looked and I looked , there was no sign of you Arto , someone had found a hornets nest and someone had seen a fox dead on the side of the road and some lovely old boys were worried in Diss about the days their bins would be emptied , Not a word from Arto about the state of the Canaries , which I was doting on .

Now after two months there has been nothing done about that branch , I know Ruth has been busy painting the house and of course she has been very busy with making sausages , burgers, etc but for goodness sake how long does it take to saw a branch off ? I know she has got a good saw as I have seen one in her tool box , I seems to me if you want anything done about here you have to do it yourself . [:D] arrdee.

[/quote]

Absolutely quality wit and sarcasm,without malice!! No wonder a lot of you loved the guy!

(Apologies Arthur,but this is great.)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]1st column in tomorrows Evening news.....dont miss it!!![/quote][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2234/1888158370_431140529d.jpg[/img]