Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of Percy Varco

Duncan Ferguson

Hi Percy, nope, not until I saw it on the 606 boards.....have been on a couple of Everton sites since, and found no trace of it, so i smell a wind-up........

Let''s just pray it''s not true - can''t imagine Big Dunc being a Worthington-type player, can you?

No..........and we don''t want him anyway. He is injury prone, gets sent off far too often and is right old pain in the bum to manage. No way would NW want this guy in the team. And this from a Scot..................

No way. I wouldnt even want him if Everton payed all his wages. I agree he is quality when he can be bothered but that was about 6 years ago!

Aparently Everton are desparate to get rid of him beacuse he is bad for the team spirit dressingroom unity.

I seem to remember him having a bust up with David Moyes and being accused of making racial abuse at Luis Boa Morte. Worthington never goes for this sort of player as he doesn’t want one bad attitude to ruin the good spirit within the squad.

I once read a newspaper article that accurately calculated Mr D Ferguson as THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY IN THE HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH GAME. Including Winston Bogarde, who did nothing at Chelsea for 4 years and picked up 40k a week for doing so.

Ferguson''s previous managers in Scotland said "He could be much better, if only he tried".

If he comes here I would be horrified.

Seems unlikely given Worthy''s statement about wanting players nearer 24 than 34. So I''d put it down as rumour #157.

Next...?

Ama

No, no & no - what benefit could he bring the club at all - its the Steve Walsh/Tony Cottee scenario all over again.

At least Hasselbaink would give us some goals and Wor Les Ferdinand better value for money - signing Ferguson brings nothing - thank god worthy has far more sense than that and I can comfortably dismiss that rumour.

OTBC