Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Percy positives, new breed supporters ect ect......

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ob1"]

Because I haven''t got delusions that Norwich are the biggest club in the world and that it''s our God given right to be topping the Premiership.

Because I know Norwich suck, and I don''t NEED them to be amazing for my to give my support to them, unlike so many on this board; the prawn sandwich brigade.

Because there are 23 other teams in this division that have a right to be above us, as much as we do to be above them.

Because I know about football and they way it''s played, and losing 2 games in a row early in a season isn''t reason for me to start crying like a baby.

Because it''s the start of the season, and being hopeful for something better - as opposed to success being guaranteed, as many on here believe it should be - is part of being a fan.

Because every dog has it''s day, and the times we are shit means the better times are the best.

[/quote]

Look son, im in my 70s, im hardly part of the sodding prawn sandwich brigade, ive seen it all at this club and the way its run now is the worst i have ever seen it. Its my right as a supporter of 60+ years to voice my concerns-thats what true supporters do-they dont just happily watch therwe club go down the pan. Give me 1 positive of the last 3 1/2 seasons.

[/quote]Arthur. I''m not quite as old as you and while I''m just as unhappy as you at this moment in time, to say that this is the worst things have ever been is not really true, is it ? God man, you must remember the days of Lol Morgan and willie Reid. The only likelyhood then of getting out of this division was through the trapdoor. In those days our only real hopes of success was a cup run and only then through memories of 58/59. Ron Saunders was the man to raise our expectations and since then we have never really faced the prospect of div.3

The difference between now and then is that every season we expect to be at the top of this division (or better) and anything less is failure.

And that is the problem !  Our expectations. We expect to be in the top six this year (like last year and the year before) and if we do and fail in the play-offs then we''d expect automatic promotion next year. Assuming we reached the promised land we''d expect to survive and the following season we''d expect to qualify for Europe. and so it goes on !!

When you look round our magnificent stadium now and compare it with how it was in the sixties, say, it''s a hive of activities all week as apposed to a tin shack used once a fortnight. I know you''ll say it''s natural progression but when we were younger teams like Blackpool, Stoke, Cardiff etc. were all div.1 sides which we looked up at. How do we compare with the likes of them now.

You ask for positives. The thought of spending one million pounds on a player five years ago was just a pipe dream. Since then we''ve bought TWO players for Three million apiece. Surely that''s positive.

My view is that if we go on an unbeaten run of, say, six games starting saturday and are up top or thereabouts many doubts regarding the board and PG will drift away, conversly, failure to get six points from  the next two games and I do see troubled times ahead. Such is the fine line between success and failure. Personally I think we hit the floor saturday and now the only way is up.

I seriously hope arthur being seventy doesn''t make people negative. crotchetty, arguementive, waspy and miserable cos I''m not that far away myself.  [:)]

I think if we met up for a pint you''d probably come across differently to what you do on here.   [;)]

Regards. Lappinitup.

[/quote]

Brilliant post

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="ob1"]

Because I haven''t got delusions that Norwich are the biggest club in the world and that it''s our God given right to be topping the Premiership.

Because I know Norwich suck, and I don''t NEED them to be amazing for my to give my support to them, unlike so many on this board; the prawn sandwich brigade.

Because there are 23 other teams in this division that have a right to be above us, as much as we do to be above them.

Because I know about football and they way it''s played, and losing 2 games in a row early in a season isn''t reason for me to start crying like a baby.

Because it''s the start of the season, and being hopeful for something better - as opposed to success being guaranteed, as many on here believe it should be - is part of being a fan.

Because every dog has it''s day, and the times we are shit means the better times are the best.

[/quote]

Look son, im in my 70s, im hardly part of the sodding prawn sandwich brigade, ive seen it all at this club and the way its run now is the worst i have ever seen it. Its my right as a supporter of 60+ years to voice my concerns-thats what true supporters do-they dont just happily watch therwe club go down the pan. Give me 1 positive of the last 3 1/2 seasons.

[/quote]

Last three and a half seasons.  Obviously excl. this season as it has only just begun.

Right, the biggest and best positive possible - WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP

If you are rubbishing this as not being a positive then you have just made yourself look a total fool.

[/quote]

We were relegated 3 years ago, plodded through the next season and finished 16th last year followed by this seasons disaster waiting to happen. So tell me -when did i say winning the league wasnt a positive? Yes we won the league 4years ago this season but we failed to invest hence we find ourselves in this mess.

[/quote]

Your exact words were give me some positives for the last 3 1/2 seasons.  You obviously arent including this season because it has only just begun.  That if my maths are correct includes the promotion season.

Apologies for calling you a fool.

It does annoy me though that you think our premiership season was a total waste.  I thought we did quite well after christmas.  The last 10/12 games provided me personally with some of my high lights as a city fan.  Also if I had said to you we will go into the last game of the season with a realistic chance of staying up you would have snapped my hand off.  After all we were never realistically gonna do anything else were we!!

Totally agree though that the last 2 seasons have been totally inept.  Also agree with you that the board are responsible for todays mess, they should have made a real go of it in that first season down but they didn''t and that does infuriate me.

However if we are talking about now.  I really don''t know where we are going.  The game has gone money mad and we are skint.

[/quote]

thats fair comment

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

• Strihavka''s first goal for the club

• Lappin''s free kicks and corners

[/quote]

or the fact none of these pluses have made any difference to our teams position in teh league, in fact we are lower than last season at the moment, with fans saying they don''t expect us to even get a goal against wolves charlton and man city (re bigfish)  you are having a laugh mate.

[/quote]

So 3 points doesn''t make a difference to our place in the league? Strihavka got the winner from a Lappin corner....

Has anyone said they didn''t expect a goal against those teams? I''ve only heard that a draw would be a good result against them.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

or the fact none of these pluses have made any difference to our teams position in teh league, in fact we are lower than last season at the moment, with fans saying they don''t expect us to even get a goal against wolves charlton and man city (re bigfish)  you are having a laugh mate.

[/quote]

So 3 points doesn''t make a difference to our place in the league? Strihavka got the winner from a Lappin corner....

Has anyone said they didn''t expect a goal against those teams? I''ve only heard that a draw would be a good result against them.

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

My point was wqe are doing WORSE than last season, despite your few positives.  early days yet however, as someone keeps saying Sunderland started poorly last year.  (Even if they failed to mention Sunderlands change of manager and 5 new players which sparked their rise).

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

My point was wqe are doing WORSE than last season, despite your few positives.  early days yet however, as someone keeps saying Sunderland started poorly last year.  (Even if they failed to mention Sunderlands change of manager and 5 new players which sparked their rise).

[/quote]

Ooops [:$]. Yes, looking back that was what I wrote but not what I meant [:S]. The point I was saying is that not many people whould have fancied us to get any points or progress in the Cup. I always fancy a goal. It has been a challenging start but it is nonsense to say that the squad isn''t better placed than last year. It is a bit easier for the next three games which should see us moving up the league. It is not perfect but it is results against the Wednesdays, Scunthorpes & QPRs of the Championship rather than Charlton away.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

[/quote]

Ooops [:$]. Yes, looking back that was what I wrote but not what I meant [:S]. The point I was saying is that not many people whould have fancied us to get any points or progress in the Cup. I always fancy a goal. It has been a challenging start but it is nonsense to say that the squad isn''t better placed than last year. It is a bit easier for the next three games which should see us moving up the league. It is not perfect but it is results against the Wednesdays, Scunthorpes & QPRs of the Championship rather than Charlton away.

[/quote]

Surely many on here were saying that we were very well placed for a "top six" finish this season having reviewed Grant''s laughable forays into the transfer market this summer (and before)....yet here are the same people defending our abysmal record to date and looking for "easy" games we might just win.

If you''re going to be a winner...no-one should present an obstacle....unless like the Board the losers are going to be happy with a mid to low finish in the league again.

Think small....stay small.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely many on here were saying that we were very well placed for a "top six" finish this season having reviewed Grant''s laughable forays into the transfer market this summer (and before)....yet here are the same people defending our abysmal record to date and looking for "easy" games we might just win.

If you''re going to be a winner...no-one should present an obstacle....unless like the Board the losers are going to be happy with a mid to low finish in the league again.

[/quote]

Despite your misguided rants and ramblings at time that last comment ''Think Small - Stay Small'' is very good and very apt.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

Arthur, I now understand where your low self esteem comes from. Your father used to beat you and your son became a football hooligan. Arthur, you must learn to see yourself in a better light then you can see theworld in a more positive light, this negativity will make you ill.

[/quote]

Dont be so silly Squit my father never beat me and as for my son being a hooligan well yes he was a bit silly, early 20s in the Paras and in a foriegn country with his mates, a recipe for disaster but i can tell you this hes seen the wrong he done and  i wouldnt ask for a better son,im sure you''ve always been a saint?. As for making me ill........WHAT? its a past time mate, ive had a great life and its no different now, in fact its great, football is my hobby not my life.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

Arthur, I now understand where your low self esteem comes from. Your father used to beat you and your son became a football hooligan. Arthur, you must learn to see yourself in a better light then you can see theworld in a more positive light, this negativity will make you ill.

[/quote]

Dont be so silly Squit my father never beat me and as for my son being a hooligan well yes he was a bit silly, early 20s in the Paras and in a foriegn country with his mates, a recipe for disaster but i can tell you this hes seen the wrong he done and  i wouldnt ask for a better son,im sure you''ve always been a saint?. As for making me ill........WHAT? its a past time mate, ive had a great life and its no different now, in fact its great, football is my hobby not my life.

[/quote]

''A bit silly'', you''re definitely in denial.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sickening isn''t it Cluck???

Sure the majority will be spinning cartwheels of delight if we reach the dizzy heights of 9th place this season...  [+o(]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sure the majority will be spinning cartwheels of delight if we reach the dizzy heights of 9th place this season...  [+o(]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bigfish said it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sadly so Smudge...but all the more reason for us realists to remain on the forum to remind those who may have forgotten who we were before Delia Dumpling buggered us up.

They''ll be grateful when change does come...but then of course it will have been "their idea all along".

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You`re definitley scraping the barrel. Be a bit more imaginative, my good dear old friend. Still on for that pint tommorow?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You`re definitley scraping the barrel. Be a bit more imaginative, my good dear old friend. Still on for that pint tommorow?

[/quote]

I will meet you for a pint tomorrow Arthur... will be good to have a chortle at us on the TV with a fellow realist!!!!

Where & what time?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Grow up oh lord of perfection. I bet hes now twice the bloke you''ll ever be. Served his country and now runs my buisness whilst supporting his family, im sure we''re allowed a couple of mistakes in live and hes more than made it up imo. Get over it silly!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I will meet you for a pint tomorrow Arthur... will be good to have a chortle at us on the TV with a fellow realist!!!!

Where & what time?

[/quote]

Oh how exciting, is Cluck meeting you too??

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Grow up oh lord of perfection. I bet hes now twice the bloke you''ll ever be. Served his country and now runs my buisness whilst supporting his family, im sure we''re allowed a couple of mistakes in live and hes more than made it up imo. Get over it silly!

[/quote]

So your son is allowed to make mistakes but those working at Carrow Road are not. Who''s being silly?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So your son is allowed to make mistakes but those working at Carrow Road are not. Who''s being silly?

[/quote]

Yeah, big difference between my son making a couple of mistakes, and a board ruining a club. Dont be so patheticv. Grow up silly.