Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

Cureton... the messiah.. hardly!

I know I am probabaly going to get slaughtered for saying this but you all need to pull your head out of your a*$ses and realise that Jamie Cureton is not all that.. Yes he scored two goals in one game and well done to him for it. But since then he has done nothing.. Yes Brown has not scored but he has contributed a hell of a lot more!

Don''t get me wrong, Im disappointed with the result but if we had come away with a 0 v 0 drwa from a relegated team then I would have been happy! And to do this we needed to play a more solid hard working team i.e. the reason for Brown and not Cureton (who doesnt do defending)!

I just wish you would all stop panicing and making stupid comments about Cureton that do not even make much sense.. Yes he played at Ipswich with green hair once, yes he has scored twice.. woop woop..

Grow up and stop putting him on such a high pedestal

4 goals in all competitions

thats 4 more than brown who has probably played more minuites than any other of our strikers, in fact i''m sure of it.

Brown''s 0 Goal tally, from playing in every game or wateva, is less than Strihavka who has only played a matter of minutes all season.

Strikers Need goals, and if they havent need to be very good link up players, Brown is neither!

I rest my case!

you need a wake up call mate or a good shaking this was another pathetic performance orchestrated by a inept manager hired by a board with nil ambition.

[quote user="No. 4"]

I know I am probabaly going to get slaughtered for saying this but you all need to pull your head out of your a*$ses and realise that Jamie Cureton is not all that.. Yes he scored two goals in one game and well done to him for it. But since then he has done nothing.. Yes Brown has not scored but he has contributed a hell of a lot more!

Don''t get me wrong, Im disappointed with the result but if we had come away with a 0 v 0 drwa from a relegated team then I would have been happy! And to do this we needed to play a more solid hard working team i.e. the reason for Brown and not Cureton (who doesnt do defending)!

I just wish you would all stop panicing and making stupid comments about Cureton that do not even make much sense.. Yes he played at Ipswich with green hair once, yes he has scored twice.. woop woop..

[/quote]

Good post in my opinion. Although I do think Cureton is a good signing for Norwich (he will get a fair few goals) he has been very very lazy and I don''t think he helps Chris Brown at all.

[quote user="No. 4"]

[/quote]WHAT A FOOL YOU ARE.

[quote user="No. 4"]

[/quote]

Totally agree. Cureton deserved to be dropped because he was playing badly. That''s not why we lost tonight, it was because we were too negative and because we lost our discipline towards the end.

If we had Drogba up front he wouldn''t score goals.  We dont create enough chances, simple as that. Jamie is a quality striker, he proved that last season, particularly against us.  Yes, Jamie has a couple of chances on Saturday, but if he''s getting nothing for the majority of the 90 mins, he''s going to be slightly rusty when trying to take the chance.  Show me a striker who scores with every shot he has.  He doesnt see enough of the ball to "get his eye in".  The fact we have a couple of jokers playing down the right (Croft and Chadwick) doesn''t help.  We simply do not put crosses in the box, and we have no midfielders capable of  threading the ball through a defence. We badly need some pace down the right, yet we allow Bally Smart to go off on loan.  Whoever can see fit to slag off Jamie clearly as only seen him play for NCFC this season and thats it.  GIVE THE LAD THE BALL!!!

[quote user="No. 4"]

[/quote]

Who''s putting him on a pedestal. He''s a proven goal scorer. You want to play a striker who has never scored for us in far more games than Cureton has played because of his defensive qualities. Is this the same Brown who I noticed was left as our only man forward whilst we we''re defending a corner at home to Palace on Saturday. Whilst we we''re at 0-0 and whilst Huckerby and Cureton were called back. Another stroke of genius from Mr Grant.

Cureton is no wonder play but he''s as good a we have at putting it in the net. I think Brown is close to the worst.

Hard to argue with that. Strihavka has done more for the club so far this season in 10 minutes than what Chris Brown has done in 6 games. As for Cureton - the man is goals on legs, but only if he''s on the pitch. I can''t believe people can criticise Curo when the simple FACT is that he was the Top scorer in the Division last season

I have to agree with Cureton being on the bench for the start of this game.

Playing one of the favourites Charlton away from home 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 and back again as required seemed a prudent opening gambit.

-Just can''t get my head around the personnel though ! Chadwick instead of the pacier Croft ?!? ....

I really think Strihavka should have started. His hold up play, lay offs etc seemed better quality than Brown''s on Saturday''s evidence. He''s much quicker...looks pretty damn fast to me and just seems to have more of a stiker''s instinct about him. Technically better too !!! -the forward line would then have had more pace and also I believe better movement.

I cannot fathom why he didn''t change from this essentially defensive (as we were playing it) formation quicker as the game progressed.

I just wonder if Grant ''bottled it'' as we seemed to be holding on by the skin of our teeth, and any change might upset this balance(sic!)

but PG sees these guys every day and i was only listening to the game so what the hell do I know ?[:$]

We would have lost this game whoever Grant had picked up front - its what we do. That said, the guy on radio Norfolk who blamed Cureton squarely for the defeat last night in spite of the fact he only played 2 minutes and would have won a penalty but for the referees view being obscured by his turban, was a complete nutter. How can you criticise Cureton and not Brown? Brown makes Dean Coney seem prolific by comparison.