Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Peter Grant's Tartan Army is No More

I cant call myself that name anymore, Peter Grant''s not performing, and neither is his tartan army!!!

[quote user="HUDDY"]

I cant call myself that name anymore, Peter Grant''s not performing, and neither is his tartan army!!!

[/quote]Now look here, ruddy huddy. Another one who''s suicidal after six games. Get a grip man. PG will come good. So will the tartan army!! 

BELIEVE  ME!!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="HUDDY"]

[/quote]Now look here, ruddy huddy. Another one who''s suicidal after six games. Get a grip man. PG will come good. So will the tartan army!! 

BELIEVE  ME!!

[/quote]

But it aint 6 games is it, he has been here nearly a year and there is no improvement, he is not getting results, he is no better than Worthy maybe worse.

The only difference between grant and worthy is that worthy was failing with his own team having been in charge years;  the prem season exposed worthys limitations, he never recovered and the team went into free fall.

Last season was about making sure we didnt get relegated - grant just about did that and he has taken the right steps in re-shaping and growing a threadbare squad over the summer - his first opportunity to do so. Having been in such rapid decline for so long it was always going to take 18+ months to put right.  Turning over more than 50% of the first team squad was always going to be dirsruptive and take more than 8 games to gel properly - this was always going to be a season fo transition for city.

I am not convinced by his tactical awareness in games and we still need to use our players in their best formation and playing to their strengths. With so many new faces and possible combinations it will take a while for PG to suss this out. 

His biggest problem for me is the continued insistance on weakening our midfield by playing hux wide left rather than as a striker - give us a proper flat midfield 4 we become far more balanced, and with Lappin on one flank and either croft or chadwick on the other we should be able to pass the ball to hux and one of strihavka and cureton up front. 

Going 4-5-1 was a viable formation, and having chosen that strategy only Dion or Bown can play the one role.  With Dion at the back that only left brown.  Cureton is contributing less to the team than Brown and doesnt fit a 4-5-1 at all, Strihavka is still short of match fitness, as is Hux, and Martins attitude stinks.        So there was no alternative to brown.

PG needs a little more time for his team to gel - but we do need to see some improvements soon.

[quote user="ncfc1"]And a whole lot of people on this message board said exactly the same about Worthington , give him time he will turn it around . didnt though did he .[/quote]

No one will turn it round until the board sorts out its mountain of debt and starts investing in a squad that is big enough and good enough.

[quote user="HUDDY"]

[/quote]

I''m sure Peter will be devastated when he hears the news.

"Lower the flags to half mast Delia, Peter Grant''s Tartan Army has changed his user name".

people who say he has had a year are stupid. he has only just got all the old players out and new players in with a very limited budget. . . . . .6 league games!

and when people no doubt reply to this and say "why didnt he sort out the defense then?" the simple answer is there are not many players better at CB than we currently have who we would not have to blow our whole budget and some more on.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Going 4-5-1 was a viable formation, and having chosen that strategy only Dion or Bown can play the one role.  With Dion at the back that only left brown.  Cureton is contributing less to the team than Brown and doesnt fit a 4-5-1 at all, Strihavka is still short of match fitness, as is Hux, and Martins attitude stinks.        So there was no alternative to brown.

[/quote]

No alternative to Brown.....        what on earth has happened to our strikeforce if this loser is no 1 pick.

No surprise its 1 goal and 1 point in 3 away games, considering Cureton only started one of these games.  But you were claiming somewhere Brown offers more to the team? What does he offer that is influencing results ZLF?

As for Martin''s attitude, we all realise his lack of fitness on coming back to pre season training is the reason he has been frozen out by our crap manager.  Its a shame Brown is the one with the decent attitude cos he is useless. 

Bit like Safri and the atrocious Hooze, Safri influenced games, the appalling Hooze did not.  It seems to me Brown is getting picked cos of his good attitude in training, not because he is any good. Just like Hooze.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

people who say he has had a year are stupid. he has only just got all the old players out and new players in with a very limited budget. . . . . .6 league games!

and when people no doubt reply to this and say "why didnt he sort out the defense then?" the simple answer is there are not many players better at CB than we currently have who we would not have to blow our whole budget and some more on.

[/quote]

he has had two windows to improve things and we are still in a mess, if we were playing well and losing we would have that to cling onto, but we are losing too many games and our football is garbage. We have to start dominating games especially at home and look like a team with confidence instead of looking for bore draws.

You are twisting the context CJF - having chosen 451 as the tactics Dion and Brown ARE the only alternatives as a lone striker.  Clearly PG could choose 4-4-2 but didnt - Hux and Dave are my preferences.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]Every good manager knows you build from the back grant has not we will end up same as last two years teams scoring for fun god help us i will take forth from bottom now given the chance.

Ricky Knight wrote:

he has had two windows to improve things and we are still in a mess, if we were playing well and losing we would have that to cling onto, but we are losing too many games and our football is garbage. We have to start dominating games especially at home and look like a team with confidence instead of looking for bore draws.

---

Glad you were happy with the Cardif match then.

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]Ricky Knight wrote: he has had two windows to improve things and we are still in a mess, if we were playing well and losing we would have that to cling onto, but we are losing too many games and our football is garbage. We have to start dominating games especially at home and look like a team with confidence instead of looking for bore draws. --- Glad you were happy with the Cardif match then.[/quote]

big deal we talking one game are we, blimey how people clutch at straws round here, pity Grant was not half as positive.

I think the january window will be a good judge of where he thinks the weaknesses are. he knows we need more cover at the back but people are not realising we cannot afford a premiership class center back and the loan options so far have know we are interested but have choosen themselves not to come to us.