Sign in to follow this  
Yellowfuture

WHAT`S HAPPENED TO ALL THE TALK ABOUT NEW SIGNINGS

We dont seem to be hearing much coming out of Carrow Road about the need for further additions to the squad. A few weeks ago Grant was talking this up but since the pre-season friendlies have got underway it`s all gone quiet. We are getting a lot about "hard work"and "lots of positives", despite 2 defeats, but nothing on a new defender which everyone is agreed we need. I havn`t seen any of the games yet but will be at the West Ham game,  from what I read our defence is just as poor as it was last season.  Come on Granty and lets see some action! 

Yeh I agree it can definitely get very frustrating at times. I guess it''s slower now due to the Dutch tour and the fact that lots of other teams are also away on tour.  Still you''d think that deals could still be done.

Perhaps Grant wanted to see how they all played together before he makes any more signings. We have some very good fringe players that may fill the holes and gel exceptionally well but until you see them in action who knows.

Bally smart seem to do alright in his game as has some of the other younger players so why shouldn''t they be considered before spending more money.

I think theres been a fair bit of action to be fair-Marshall, Gilks, Otsembor, Brellier, Cureton and big Dave in permanently, Smith on loan-so thats six signings plus a loan, a tad busier than we were last season when all we got were "we''re making calls".

But agree that it would be good to see a central defender come in, suspect there are names in the hat and calls have gone out, but, as Geeza said, we''re in Holland at the moment, so things won''t have been happening much whilst all that has been going on.

Darren Kenton would be a good signing IMHO as a central defender (his best position) and, with talk of Daryl Russell being another player we''ve supposedly made an enquiry about, I''d welcome both those old Canaries back again.

Would think someone else will come in within next week-10 days with perhaps another loan player before the end of the deadline.

I''ll hope and pray for new signing. Perhaps PG will read this, unfortunately there not scottish:-

MCRAZIAK

SAM '' hector'' SODGE

McCALLUM Davenport

Akos ''Archie'' BUZACKY

and

a scot

STEPHEN NAISMITH!!!

PG and Jim Duffy have been away on tour, and rather pre-occupied as a consequence. Of course Gunny was free to make even more phone calls, but he can speak only to managers who may themselves be away on tour, or thinking about injuries and possible signings.We have to be patient. It was only a few days ago that PG said he had hopes for the next couple of weeks. If agreement can be reached, things could happen very quickly, so it could still be just before the Preston trip, or even after. From what he said, he seems to fealise that he needs one or two more, and equally what positions and what types of player.He had hoped to get all his signings done before the end of the pre-season, but the walk away by Ernie and Dickson has led to a re-think.I must admit that I personally am surprised that he has not signed a central defender. If Shacks is injured a pairing of Doc and Dion will not deliver the tightness in defence we need.

I think just two more signings should be enough. We are desperate for a quality centre-back - this is an absolute must for the beginning of the season, no waiting for January. We should also be buying Etuhu''s replacement, as far as I am concerned Jimmy Smith is an extra player not a replacement. He may only be here until January anyway so we must ensure we get Etuhu''s permanent replacement in now. We don''t want to be desperately scrabbling around and paying inflated prices in the Jan transfer window.

Mark .Y.

Not just shax salopian,  but if any of them are injured we are in trouble,  shax isnt outstandingly better than the others and marginally the best combination last season was doc and dion

thefutureisyellow wrote "So are we all expecting  to hear something tomorrow about signing a centre half or do we just wait and hope?
".

I think we wait (and wait.... and wait.... and wait....) and hope.

WHAT`S HAPPENED TO ALL THE TALK ABOUT NEW SIGNINGS? - Remember, during the war Careless talk cost lives. [;)]

Well we`ve got Russel back, not a bad signing in my view and gives more options in mid field. I think he has improved since leaving Norwich and should now be at his best. I think he again is the sort of player who will want to play for us, this is a good philosophy by Grant, we`ve had too many lately who dont look as if they can be bothered! The team that went up was full of guys that wanted to play for us and created a great team spirit, lets hope we can recreate this.Russell, Chadwick and Le Judge sounds like a pretty handy combination to me.

One thing Darryl, please dont start wearing those stupid gloves again!

We still need a defence however, hopefully there is still more to come, well done Grfanty, keep going!!

Privacy and secrecy about your targets and when you plan on making the signing pays off and means we can sign players. 8 signings so far is mpst dfeinately not bad though, if fans were asked how many signings we would make before the season i doubt many would have said anywhere near 8!