Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

A contradiction!!!!!

“If people show an inkling of not wanting to be here any longer, I don''t give them very much time here." 22/07/07

"Saf has wanted to leave Carrow Road since my second day in the job and he''s now finally got his wish." 02/08/07

Bit of a contradiction there. [^o)]

I think you''re reading too much into this, Grant also said that he would only let someone go for the right price, which is what he''s done. 

not that simple. we couldnt very well just sever his contract as we were short of bodies and he would have commanded a huge payoff. i may be projecting here, but say no-one makes a substantial offer for him in january, so now was the soonest we could get rid - remember we do have transfer window system!! and all the speculation about his collapsed deal to WBA. i am glad he''s gone - wages could be better spent - and his attituide was appalling, people seem to think his attitude has only been appalling for a few months. does no-one remember him being too injured to play for us, but flying out to play for morrocco and getting injured again the season before last? his heart hasnt been in it since we got relegated, and if he has so little grace that he was more interested in picking up an agent (who was in all likelihood engineering saf''s move to soton) from the airport than attending training and actually DOING HIS JOB for X thousand pounds per week, then good riddance.

So has grant done something wrong? i confused...............

He got rid of the player only a few days after not turining up, fairly quick after you think about it.

[quote user="Cobain18"]I think you''re reading too much into this, Grant also said that he would only let someone go for the right price, which is what he''s done. [/quote]

So you think the reported figure of £250k is the right price?

If so then they might as well have let him go for nothing. We have been taken to the cleaners again.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I think you''re reading too much into this, Grant also said that he would only let someone go for the right price, which is what he''s done. [/quote]

So you think the reported figure of £250k is the right price?

If so then they might as well have let him go for nothing. We have been taken to the cleaners again.

[/quote]

We might as well have let him go for nothing? How do you figure that, then we''d be 250 000 poorer. And as for your original question do I think 250k is the right price for a player who clearly has not wanted to be here for months and by the sounds of it has made a habit of turning up to training late or not at all (doncaster and grant made it clear it was not a one off,) and a player who would rather pick up an agent than turn up for a team pic on time. Also great passer of the ball - 20 yards too far back on the pitch! We got a BARGAIN m8!

It is not rocket science is it?.....

According to the club (See todays EDP) Safri had been a naughty boy for a while now, the no show at training and late arrival at the photo shoot were just the latest in a series of misdemeanours.

According to PG anybody who shows any inkling that they do not want to be at the club will soon get their wish and Safri made it clear the day after he took over as manager he wanted to leave Norwich City.

PG took over as manager in October 2006, Safri was sold 1st August 2007.

It has taken PG 8 months to get rid of somebody who made it clear he did not want to play for Norwich City. Safri was sold within two days of the press conference.

Worked out the contradiction yet?

I think, deep down, Grant rated Safri and was fair to him - playing him when he took his chance in the side. He was short on numbers, couldn''t get anyone in or out during the end of the season, and may have spend three months waiting for the phone to ring with a bid.

But, after the events of Monday, I''m sure he felt enough was enough, the transfer window is open, let''s get rid asap. He was proactive about it. All my conjecture, of course, but that''s no different to everyone else.

As for his value, we have to be realistic.

What would we expect to pay for a 31-year-old, decent if unspectacular (he''s not really renowned outside of Norfolk) midfielder, with an unimpressive appearance record over three seasons, four goals, and less than 12 months left on his contract? I don''t think we were ever likely to recoup the £500k we paid for him.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

It is not rocket science is it?.....

According to the club (See todays EDP) Safri had been a naughty boy for a while now, the no show at training and late arrival at the photo shoot were just the latest in a series of misdemeanours.

According to PG anybody who shows any inkling that they do not want to be at the club will soon get their wish and Safri made it clear the day after he took over as manager he wanted to leave Norwich City.

PG took over as manager in October 2006, Safri was sold 1st August 2007.

It has taken PG 8 months to get rid of somebody who made it clear he did not want to play for Norwich City. Safri was sold within two days of the press conference.

Worked out the contradiction yet?

[/quote]

Thank you Sons.

I have nothing against PG and want him to do well. I do however feel that talk shouldn''t be cheap.

mbncfc - You have hit the nail on the head. PG was tough with Safri when he could afford to be (now that he has ample replacements in midfield). Given that we are told Safri has not wanted to play for us since October 2006 and given there was a transfer window in January 2007, I do not understand why he was not transfer listed then, ample time to strike a deal and get in a replacement (even on loan as temporary stop gap).

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]mbncfc - You have hit the nail on the head. PG was tough with Safri when he could afford to be (now that he has ample replacements in midfield). Given that we are told Safri has not wanted to play for us since October 2006 and given there was a transfer window in January 2007, I do not understand why he was not transfer listed then, ample time to strike a deal and get in a replacement (even on loan as temporary stop gap).[/quote]

I wish I knew the answer SOB. We simply don''t know what was said leading up to January.

He is a motormouth though, which will always make things interesting.

Was Safri fit in January and therefore "available" for transfer? I seem to recall him missing a number of games but can''t remember what time that occurred last season.