Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

Petition ? Doncaster should go and go now .......................

[quote user="JC"]

No.  This is utter mindless drivel.  Wake up and grow up. 

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]Anybody else agree. If he reads this MB as I am told he does then lets show him what we think of him.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not mindless drivel at all although this description may well more appositely apply to your own message.  If you read my messages on this thread you can only infer that I am endeavouring to be constructive. What you cannot deny is that over the last three seasons the NCFC Board has presided over consistent decline and repeated failure. It has been akin to watching a loved one slowly dying from a progressive disease whilst the doctor merely prescribes palliates in response to occasional protestations and pleadings from close family whilst other more gullible relations murmur that the doctor knows what he''s doing (because of course he''s a doctor and therefore anachronistically a figure of authority who must be respected) and everything will turn out right in the end. There is nothing that can be done about the shareholders who have also, of course, presided over the decline in the club''s fortunes but, in my opinion,  fresh, new direction and leadership is urgently required at Board level. If you feel that what I have said is mindless drivel then I respect your right to be an idiot.

In my opinion what the club needs

Wow! What a great idea 3 weeks before the season starts!

Don''t get me wrong, I''m not doing cartwheels over what has been a rollercoaster summer already but the time for this change has surely passed and come August 11th I will be right behind the club as a whole including which ever 11 players (who actually want to be here) are out there.

[quote user="Disco Stu"]

Doncaster has no idea about football. He says if we don''t let players have get-out clauses then we don''t get them. Then don''t bother. I can kinda understand it with the earnie situation but even then we should have at least tried to get £4-5m clause put in place. Why sign a player who knows all he has to do is perform and then all another team has to do is match his get-out clause and he''s off. I guarantee david Marshall (easily the best keeper in our division) will be off the sooner a better team comes in for him.

You really do have to question our club''s negotiating skills when it comes to signing new players. I wouldn''t be surprised if the board just bends over and takes whatever the player (and obviously his agent(s)) asks for. Hardly negotiating is it!

Getting back to Doncaster and him  (wish he would go back there!) blasting Huckerby. What does he expect. If we didn''t have him we would have been down last year and probably the year before. He has every right to be concerned. I honestly feel if we don''t get someone to buy the club we will be as far away from the Premier League as we have ever been in my life-time. In the meantime I will continue to go  to the matches in the hope I am completely wrong about all of the above. Dont think I am though.

[/quote]

He doesn''t have to have an idea about football, he''s part of the business management.  This is the point that I (and others) have tried to make, football is no longer simply football it has a huge business aspect which cannot be ignored!  We left it till the last minute and weren''t in a strong position when we signed Etuhu and Earnshaw, hence the release clauses, we wanted the players, their agents knew it and insisted on the release clauses, there is nothing we can do if we want players in those situations.  You can''t blame Doncaster for being the mouthpiece, its his job!  Equally Huckerby should understand he''s an employee, would you rant publically about your boss?  And not expect any comeback?

OTBC!

Chunky

I do not agree, and your idea would do nothing other than be damaging during a promising rebuilding of the team.  So sorry to upset you but its mindless drivel, and backing it up with ludicrous quasi-passionate analogies dow not add strength to your drivel but makes you seem rather out of touch with reality..

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"][quote user="JC"]

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]Anybody else agree. If he reads this MB as I am told he does then lets show him what we think of him.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not mindless drivel at all although this description may well more appositely apply to your own message.  If you read my messages on this thread you can only infer that I am endeavouring to be constructive. What you cannot deny is that over the last three seasons the NCFC Board has presided over consistent decline and repeated failure. It has been akin to watching a loved one slowly dying from a progressive disease whilst the doctor merely prescribes palliates in response to occasional protestations and pleadings from close family whilst other more gullible relations murmur that the doctor knows what he''s doing (because of course he''s a doctor and therefore anachronistically a figure of authority who must be respected) and everything will turn out right in the end. There is nothing that can be done about the shareholders who have also, of course, presided over the decline in the club''s fortunes but, in my opinion,  fresh, new direction and leadership is urgently required at Board level. If you feel that what I have said is mindless drivel then I respect your right to be an idiot.

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="lappinitup"]

BTW I have noticed that more of our dear cluck is coming into your vocabulary i.e wooly flock, baaaa etc. Don''t you have a mind of your own smudge ?

Soon you''ll be copying the LEGENDARY arthur whittle !!

[/quote]

Actually its gone very quiet on the Clucky front, maybe he''s disowned Smudger!

[/quote]

He is on holiday/business in China again CA.

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course you are 100% spot on BARON... but yet again another season is about to disappear down the pan as those with their heads stuck in the sand shamelessly stand by and watch this bunch of inept doctors see other teams in the Chumpionship pass the last rights on us!!!  [:@]

In the land of the blind........the one eyed man is King.

Does the Chief Exec also wear a monocle?

I think the Chief Exec has done his best at this club.......and the board have done their best.......apparently.

Our Board? They''re not as bad (yet) as the philandering, foolish and totally incompetent FA hierarchy - or them R.U. Ruddy Faced Rugger Buggers, or those dour Rickety Crickety Wickety England Overseer''s, or our Politicians and Government spouting "don''t do as we do, do as we say" and finally, those gout ridden, permanently pi**ed on Pimms lard arsed Lords an'' Ladies who control the Tennis at Wimbledon.......Deciding this and doing that, guffawing and chortling as they shove their snouts into the trough of Rah! Rah! Yah! Absolutely, Yah! OK....Yah, absolutely. But where''s the progress after copious amounts of false promises and perpetual spouting of that old classic: "We''ve learnt from our mistakes and we won''t ever let it happen again!" (and no-one will be dragged across the coals or made to resign)......

YUP! They''ve, certainly learnt from their mistakes......but we never do! We just shrug our rounded pitiful shoulders, mumble "Ho Hum".......dig deep into our bottomless pockets - and hand over the dosh, tug our forelocks and take it on the chin.....

No point of having an exclusive restaurant with amazing decor and attentive staff.........if what''s served in front of you on a china plate - is indigestible deep fried pap........is there?

Still, we deserve what we accept..........and believe. That''s why these educated controlling folk and the affluent/effluent elitist, pull the strings - and we, with a murmur of annoyance and muted protest, just pay the taxes and entrance fee.......Although, these ruling authority do actually care y''know.......I don''t actually know what they care about - but it could be that stuff that''s churned out from the Royal Mint......

Oh, and as plausible and transparent (although the window glass is somewhat opaque), as he and the Directorship are, I would certainly like to see a change in the position of Chief Exec and a good clear-out of the NCFC board......But, it''s only a personal opinion........[:|]

Maybe I should apply?.........[6] 

[quote user="Sttt, Strv, Starh,......Dave!!!"]

No... He''s doing his best for the Club.

I think so anyway.

No one disputes that the Board is doing its best for the club. The point at issue here is that their best efforts just aren''t good enough.

For crying our loud, look at the Board''s and the Club''s performance over the last three seasons.  

However, no doubt the loan signing of Smith will excite and reassure supporters such as yourself that "all is well in the best of possible worlds".

you would be suprised! There are colleagues I work with both in the city and in Gt Yarmouth & Lowestoft  that are season ticket holders, who sadly would rather do a 200 mile round trip than go to Carrow Rd. What''s worse is that some of them used to support their local team but got  fed up with the sort of news we have been hearing over the last few days. I am not sticking up for them, I think it''s pretty tragic to see a Man U supporter with a Norfolk accent. Here''s the thing though, Dickson isn''t that great a player, and frankly 2 million would be good money for Safri, IF, and this is the worlds biggest IF, the club ploughed all the money back into new signings.

Problem is, it never ever happens. This club has the most fantastic loyal support, home and away, most of us I think believe at the very least we should be on the fringes of the Premier League, at the least if not in the Prem then in the play offs, but other clubs are more ambitious or they manage to get people in who are willing to plough in the big bucks.

We need a benefactor not a business plan.

I was lucky enough to see us in Munich and Milan, and beating the likes of Everton 5 - 1 away. I would like to think we might achieve something like this again in my lifetime.

[quote user="nobbyg"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

He was there at the game last night and didn''t seem to hide away from any fans who wanted to speak to him, not sure if  Chief Execs make themselves so available at other clubs?

[/quote]

Well all I can say to that is it is a good idea that he hid from me last night!!! [:D]

[/quote]

You really believe that don''t you smudger

One of the board of NCFC hiding up from WHO ??

Oh yeh !  The self important mouthpiece of the pinkun forum who never supports the team, spends hours on his pc slagging them off (board, manager, players, fans, fellow posters etc).

And you really believe that professional people will give you the time of day ?

YEH RIGHT !!

[/quote]

I also belive that after our last chat I would not give him the time of day either... so I can assure you the feeling is mutual.

Instead of cosying up to him and the Wooly Flock... I would probably have thrown my half eaten bacon roll at him if he had caught my attention and maybe shared a few of my verbal un-pleasantries with him!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

I am sure if you had done he would have dealt with it in a highly professional and dignified manner, as he does in every situation, befitting the Chief Executive of a professional club.  .....................Either that or he would have gone straight home and spent the entire night posting about it to a bunch of people he doesn''t know whilst grinding his teeth in seething anger over something that is everybody elses hobby.

I think we are lucky to have such a person at our club and think the access and answers we get are above the call of duty.  I am going to ask him for a job when I return to the UK! - so he has a passion for the club and chooses to support and help the club in a contructive manner...interesting concept.

[/quote]

oh my just when I think I have heard everything on here somebdoy has to top it...

Remind me again... where does this deep passion that Doomcaster have for our club eminate from???

Apart from his pay cheque at the end of every month and his bonuses for how much money he has stashed away in the little black hole each season Doomcaster has no connection with Norwich whatsoever...

Let us see how often he shows his face here once the Delia''s Circus has moved out of town shall we???

Let me get this right. If someone disagrees with your point of view, they''re an idiot?

I''ve got it it - you''re Charley from Big Brother, aren''t you! (Except, she would appear to have more intelligence, wit and charisma).

[quote user="Smudger"]

hed away in the little black hole each season Doomcaster has no connection with Norwich whatsoever...

[/quote]WHy should hew have any connection with Norwich? Are you looking to form some form of Fans Only Co-operative to run the club?[quote user="Smudger"]

Let us see how often he shows his face here once the Delia''s Circus has moved out of town shall we???

[/quote]Do you hang around outside your old school ? "Show your face" evry now and then do you? :)

Should the sale of Etuhu because of a sell on clause we all already knew about, but didn''t kick up any fuss over at the time, be the reason for Doncaster to go?

Ermmm...

No.

He should stay in his job IMO.