Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Everybody Panic!!!!!!!!!

I swear some of the people on this message board have the patience of a four year old it''s not yet july and people appear panic striken because we have only signed two players. Don''t get me wrong no significant signings by the end of july and i may consider joining them but for christs sake this is the norm, most football transfers happen in july when everybody''s back in training and finished thier holidays.

Now take a deep breath and just calm down!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

most football transfers happen in july when everybody''s back in training and finished thier holidays.

[/quote]

That sounds rather familiar...

I swear some of the people on this message board have the patience of a four year old it''s not yet july and people appear panic striken because we have only signed two players. Don''t get me wrong no significant signings by the end of july and i may consider joining them but for christs sake this is the norm, most football transfers happen in july when everybody''s back in training and finished thier holidays.

[/quote]

You may be right... I know I possibly have the patience of a 4 year old... but hey didn''t we hear all this last year????

Ahem, beggin your pardon sir I am ever so umble, but dare I have the audacity to point out that July is like only 3 days away? (bugger, I have, sorry ever so umble). And I understand what you are saying about holidays and all that, but wasn`t it "he who should remain nameless" that used to bang on about this, whereas I could have sworn the present incumbent was/is hell bent on getting players in before pre-season training/friendlies commenced?. I remain cautiously optimistic that there will be a number of new faces coming in (sadly at the expense of Earnie) I am also optimistic on the plastic seat front, I am going to write to Mr D, with a full business case, benefits analysis and dossier on how new plastic seats can enhance the CR experience (Its the chemicals they use in cheap plastic apparently)

It isn''t every side in this Division that has a dangerously small squad that''s half-filled with inexperienced youth. [:P]

Completely agree, but that won''t cut any ice with the usual mob who will no doubt be getting themselves into a frenzy and going on ad nauseum about lack of ambition etc etc until the cows come home - unless we sign more players before this weekend; for some reason there seems to be a line drawn at 1/7 by which time we should have signed everyone under the sun, however unrealistic that was.

[/quote]

So because City have approached this transfer window in the same manner they have for the last 3 years we dont have the right to be a little peeved off?

Next week will be the busy week for transfers. Players contracts always run to 30th June and thats when they get paid their annual signing on fee (if they have one in their contracts). So few of the better players will want to move til 1st July!

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

So because City have approached this transfer window in the same manner they have for the last 3 years we dont have the right to be a little peeved off?

[/quote]

No it is not the same manner.

For longer than the last three years we have hardly been rumoured with anyone let alone signed anyone. If you look at what Grant has done since January - when he has had the chance to do something then I think you will find that he has done incredibly well on the money spent so far.

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"]

[/quote]

How do you see this as being the case?   We have so far signed 2 players, had confirmed bids in for Dixon, Eastwood, Marshall, and turned down Rae - and would have signed Sharp by now had things been different (ie if he weren''t from Sheffield)...those are just the ones we know of, almost all from the other side involved.  How you can compare this to last season is way beyond me. 

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, this summer window we have at least attempted to sign some players and indeed have signed 2 young, promising players from the lower leagues which is something a lot of people have wanted us to be doing for some time. Last year as far as I can recall (and I m happy to be corrected) we signed Croft and were linked with Hulse & Howard (not sure if we actually bid for these 2 though?). I can''t recall too much else. This year we have had bids accepted for Varney & Sharp only to loose out to a "better prospect" in Charlton and a home town club in Sharp''s case, have bid for Eastwood and Marshall and discussed terms with Gavin Rae and these are just what we know. Bearing in mind Gilks arrived with no previous hints we can''t say for certain that they havn''t bid for others.

Gunny said yesterday we were waiting on other "bids".

There is no denying the results thus far haven''t been what we want but we still have Earnie and there have been rumours of a £300K bid for Hughes so it is not all bad.[;)]

Very true, we have already signed 1 player more than last season and Gunny has said we''ve made many bids and we are just waiting. Sharp is taking forever to make up his mind and Eastwood has his travelling community to think of, and Celtic aren''t keen to sell their promising keeper so let''s be patient.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Completely agree, but that won''t cut any ice with the usual mob who will no doubt be getting themselves into a frenzy and going on ad nauseum about lack of ambition etc etc until the cows come home - unless we sign more players before this weekend; for some reason there seems to be a line drawn at 1/7 by which time we should have signed everyone under the sun, however unrealistic that was.

[/quote]

Yawny yawny yawn yawn.....Apologist slop at it''s worst.

After several more close seasons like this you eventually have to come to terms with reality...in the meantime I will continue to enjoy your piousness......

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Yawny yawny yawn yawn.....Apologist slop at it''s worst.

After several more close seasons like this you eventually have to come to terms with reality...in the meantime I will continue to enjoy your piousness......

[/quote]

Thanks cluck for proving my point! "after several more close seasons like this" it is the 29th of june this as a transfer period cannot be judged until it has ended, your negative and somewhat cynical view of the club has just blinkered your opinion.